Mr Sausage First Outdoor - Organic - OG X Bubba Kush Grow

Mr Sausage

First off, here are some specs;

2 plants in 12" pots (1 five gal, 1 three gal)
- grown from seed in rockwool then transplanted to coco
- using General Organics 8 part GO Box, plus Superthrive

1 plant in 6" pot
- also grown from seed in rockwool then transplanted to soil
- using same fertilizers, only less to account for slow release fertilizer that was already in the potting mix

Now some more details:

I found the seeds in a bag of buds and planted 5 in rockwool cubes and 5 in coco plugs after germinating. I put them outside and they grew fairly quick and strong from the start. After losing about half to overwatering, i transplanted them into an aeroponic system indoors under only a 24W T5 flourescent tube with reflector. I used the GO box at half strength to begin fertilizing. I also switched to light to a 1000 watt HPS for a few days, but it made the temps go above 100 so i switched back.

I started getting a really slimy buildup around the resevoir and the sprayers were clogging, (which I now realize was because i was using an organic fert.) so i decided to scrap the indoor idea and put them outside. I took only the 3 strongest plants and transpanted them in 6" pots with 1 part peat moss, 1 part perlite, i part vermiculite, with dolomitic lime, bone meal, and blood meal. They grew slowly in these pots for about two weeks when i started getting little flies all around the soil line. I flushed the plants and transplanted them all into coco, also with lime, bone meal and blood meal.

i began fertilizing with the GO box plus superthrive, H202, and hygrozyme, and started having really good results. i pH the water to 5.8 before adding my nutes. After about a month of feeding at half strength everyother day, i realized how big of a mistake adding the hygrozyme and H202 was. i flushe the plants well, and began fertilizing with the same nutes minus H202 and Hygrozyme. I also changed my feed sced to feeding at full strength once a week and 1/4 strength with every other water. i continued to have a problem with the flies but because there wasn't too many i left them alone.

I followed this routine for another month. I then transplanted the two biggest plants into 12" pots and left the small one. I used purely coco with a little bit of lime this time, and began fertilizing much much less. After still having a fly problem, i tried spraying the plants with neem oil. After no results, I bought an insectisidal soap and sprayed it on them. It seemed to burn the leaves and turn the lower ones yellow. I caught one of the flies and indetified it as a fungus gnat. So i layered about an inch of sand on top of a weed barrier (to prevent intermixing) and stuck a sticky stick in both. i also hoped this would control the recent outbreak of ants on the soil.

It seemed to fix the fungus gnat problem, but I now have a few orange bodied flying insects around them. they have red striped bodies and land on the branches. i am also having leaf tips and sides turning brown and crumpling up. it is happening to a bunch of fan leaves, as well as a lot of new leaves near the bottom of the plants. the tops of both plants look perfectly healthy, it is mostly the lower half that is effected. I have only fertilized once after transplanting and flushed them thoroughly beforehand. I don't know what to do about it and it seems to be getting worse. The plants are just about to start flowering and I'm hoping I can find a fix before then.

I will attach some pictures of the plants and some closeups of the leaves, any ideas?

Re: Mr Sausage first outdoor / organic / OG X Bubba kush grow

photo_2_48.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom