Mr Stinky's - First Soil Grow - T5/HID - Grow Tents -BlackJack (F) + Sativa/Indica

Mr Stinky

HELLO ALL:welcome:

This is my first real attempt at growing the Almighty Ganja! Iv been doing quite a bit of research lately and I think im finally ready to put my knowledge to work. Feel free to give advice. Always open for experienced grow advice.

@ What strain is it?
1. Black Jack (f) (waiting on 10 seeds to come in)
2. Indica/Sativa Mix

@ Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
1. Black Jack-Hybrid 50/50
2. Indica/Sative Mix- Random(or at least I think, they were free)

@ Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
3 sprouted, 4 germinating, 14 seeds coming in soon

@ Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
1. 8'x4x6.5 Grow Tent / Holds 2 of my seedling
2. 2'x2'x5' Grow tent / Holds the germination station. 1 seedling
(I know, it seems silly, but im just seeing the difference between my T5's and my HIDs for seedlings and maybe veg growth)

@ Soil or Hydro?
Soil
As of now Fox Farms ocean floor
(getting perlite soon to add for drainage)

@ Size of light?
1. For the bigger tent I have two 400 watt HIDS at a lil over 2' above the 2 plants(mh for veg, hps for flower)
2. For the smaller tent I have one 94 watt 2' T5 4 blue tubes. I keep this guy about 6" away from the germination station

@ Is it aircooled?
1.Big tent - 750 cfm fan sucking air out (soon adding a nice carbon filter)
- Two 4.5" computer fans
- One oscillating fan
2. Small tent - 3.5" fan (not even powerful D: but getting a 100 or 200 cfm fan for this tent)
3. Also the room is a lil hot, but I am moving a window air conditioner in the same room here soon and this should fix her up!

@TEMP of Room/cab?
1. Big tent averages
O Day- 78-82 F
O Night- 75-80 F
2. Small tent averages
O Day- 80-84 F
O Night- 78-82F
3. The house itself has no interior A/C. It gets COLD in the winter and HOT to mild in the summer. I still have yet to temp check the room but its not too hot right now.

(I know the temps are high but this is only because summer is kicking in and I have yet to move in the A/C into the room itself and get another fan for the small tent which I am doing tomorrow.

@RH of Room/cab? (guessing this is room humidity)
Stays around 25-40% or so

@ PH of media or res?
Trying to keep ph around 6-7

@ Any Pests ?
I HOPE NOT

@ Type and strength of ferts used?
Fox Farm (Big Grow, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom)
I am developing a few different types of feeding schedules for the fox farm trio and I will be testing them differently on each plant to see how they will be affected once they are ready to receive nutrients!

Im still getting in tune with the lift the pot method.
Also it has been about a week for the 3 babies.

Tell me what you think of meh rig! :Namaste:

Small Grow Tent
IMG_006030.JPG

IMG_006124.JPG

IMG_006321.JPG

Big Grow Tent
IMG_005432.JPG

IMG_005532.JPG

IMG_007118.JPG

IMG_007025.JPG

IMG_006923.JPG

1. Indica/Sativa Mix 1 week old
IMG_006631.JPG

2. Indica/Sativa Mix 1 week old
IMG_006526.JPG

Re: Mr Stinky's - First Soil Grow - T5/HID - Grow Tents -BlackJack (F) + Sativa/Indic

Day 8

Welcome KingJohn! Hope you enjoy the grow.:thumb:
(was pretty busy today but I did manage to get a good amount of things done and I think I finally finished setting up my current room)
Got a whole new A/C unit for my room itself today. 8000 BTU and a bunch of other functions like being a dehumidifier, and running on a timer. Big tent temps are now Day-77-80 F Night- 75-77 F.

Decided not to get a fan for the small tent because I think the A/C will be enough to lower the temp of one T5 fixture for now and the tent itself has several natural air holes. Still have to do the temp in this room but im sure its fine.

Seeds came in today!
10 Black Jack Feminized Seeds
+
4 Samsara Seeds- El Aquimista Feminized
No clue what these are but, screw it lets get these suckers goin

The Seedling in the germination station, overnight sprouted 4 more leaves meaning 6 total! Its pretty dope how quickly things change over night, and the seedling in the pots are doin well also. They both have just started getting another pair of leaves on top of them!

pics comin in tomorrow!

Re: Mr Stinky's - First Soil Grow - T5/HID - Grow Tents -BlackJack (F) + Sativa/Indic

Day 9

What I did today
Ran some more tests and I found out that the the big tent and small tent stay at about 77-79 F all day and night, so I finally got my temp under control.
Watered both pots today with about 100mls after letting it dry out for 2 days, so ima assume I should probably wait 2 more day before another watering. Any tips on watering? I feel like I might be setting myself up for over watering at some point.

4 mixed indica/sativa seeds being germinated still, and I just started germinating my new seeds also. REALLY EXCITED.

I have pics of the plants coming in soon.

When I came by to check on my babies a few hours ago, I noticed that indica/sativa mix 1 had fallen over. I don't know if its overwatering, I don't think so because the other pot has been receiving the same amount of water... 100mls. Besides that, I lifted him up and ghetto rigged him a hold.

IMG_009628.JPG

IMG_009725.JPG

IMG_010118.JPG

IMG_010222.JPG

subbed

Day 10

What I did today
Planted 1 more mixed/indica seed in the germination station. Im waiting for 7 blackjack to germinate and 3 more mixed too.

As for watering, I watered the seedling in the germination station and he seems fine. Im guna let the seedlings in the pots dry out possibly for 2 or 3 days or till I see them wilt a little. Any thoughts on dry/wet cycle? I heard its good for root growth. Forces roots to search for water deep in the pot where its still moist.

Pics coming soon:thumb:
Welcome Frosty :Namaste:

Indica/Sativa Pot 2 (all the water is from a sprayer, imitates rain, I have not given them a full watering, last was 4/17/13/ next expected watering is either the 4/19 or 4/20) YAY ;D
IMG_010525.JPG

IMG_010324.JPG

Indica/Sativa Pot 1
Looks like hes doing better, his leafs flipped back over, but hes still having trouble holding himself up, ill keep this noose on him for now till he heals up.
IMG_010722.JPG

IMG_010922.JPG

Day 12

Changes!
Few things happened in the last few day. I had to move the whole operation because of living issues, but I found a cleaner place which I will be much better pff to do this at. I scrapped the germination station. It wasn't doin to well, as for the 2 pots, they're doing just fine. Growing a bit bigger. I moved them under a T5 in the small tent, which is what I will be using for the rest of the grow, but I will upgrade to a HID once they are a little larger. As for the germinating seeds, they are all gone except maybe for the one pot which has seeds sprouting in the soil. Don't worry I have more black jack and el aqua seeds. Germinating that tonight. Any idea how deep I should plant them in the soil. I heard from 1 inch to a 1/2 inch. Pics coming soon

when the seeds are germed and rdy for planting i always go by a pencil tip deep into the soil so probly about 1/2 an inch but everyone has their own way

Day 13
What I did today

Got me a 171 cfm four inch incline fan for the tent, the ducting was broken so I have to wait till tomorrow to get another. Besides that I also got a 4"X12" carbon filter.

All this will get completed by day 14 hopefully. Seeds are germinating now and will be ready soon to plant.

The plants are doin just fine. Pot 1 is still having trouble standing on his own but I think in the next few weeks he should be fine.

I think when I plant the germinated seeds im guna do a mix of 1" to 1/2" deep just to see what works best. Last time i planted shallow a few of the seedlings sprouted but didt exit or leave their shell and in the end died.

things are looking mighty green up in here keep up the good work :thumb::goodjob:

Day 14 (4/23/13)

What I did today

Installed the 171 cfm fan today with the carbon filter. Air seems to be blowing out of the fan, but the carbon filter really does seem to restrict a bit of air flow. I think im guna add another small fan in there tomorrow. Ill have it hanging above everything helping blow air up to the carbon filter/exhaust point.

Also gave them some water today. Next watering in 3-2 days. As for the germinating seeds, I did them in the cup of water method and they all sank so far and now im just waiting for sprouts. Did them last night.

Nice job yourself Frosty. Your girls seem to be doing well! :bravo:Any tips on watering seedlings??
Let me know what you guys think.

Overview
IMG_013926.JPG

Pot 1
IMG_013822.JPG

IMG_013618.JPG

Pot 2
IMG_013520.JPG

IMG_013422.JPG

Back
Top Bottom