Mr Whites Coco Nova

Mr White

Hey there,
I am a little bit into this journal already. I am running a perpetual so as plants are harvested the younger ones are slid down the the line and new girls are slid into the flower room. My wife and I are med patients and we are constrained by plant count as well as plant size. I am very meticulous when it comes to staying within the boundaries of our state laws.

The Room
The room is 11.5 by 10ft with a ceiling hight of 7ft. It is in the courner of a basement so the temps are fairly cool. 65 lights off and about 80 with the lights on. I used angle iron from the Home Despot that people usually use to mount garage doors on and some chain that is a couple dollars a foot.
DSCN12896.JPG

I am now running 1200 watts total of HPS in the flower room with 2 T5 banks (550 watts) in the veg cabinet. I am pretty much maxed out on power with my current wiring.

Environment
Intake is passive, cool air is pulled in through the bottom of the door and the hot air is sucked out the top of the room through a carbon filter and vented into the house in the winter or outside in the summer.
DSCN13844.JPG

It sits as high up as I could get the thing on a veg box of my own construction.
DSCN13015.JPG

DSCN12517.JPG

The fan is rated at 600cfm but I have it dialed back to about 400 or less dependent on temps.

The Co2 gen runs for 5 minute increments every hour and a half. The pilot light is always on but air exchange in the room is 100% every 2 minutes.

DSCN12883.JPG

The Medium
As the title implies coco will be used for this journal. The brand is Botanicare Cocogro. I have brought 3 plants to term in it and It is great stuff in my experiance.

Containers
I am using two different types for this run. Air pots and smart pots. I just harvested a Lucy yesterday that was in a Air Pot and the root ball blew me away. They definatly work.. Sorry no pictures. We shall see about the smart pot.

Nutrients
Blue Planet baby, the shit works.
DSCN12606.JPG

The only other amendment that is not pictured is some silica blast, Botanicare is the maker I believe.
DSCN12614.JPG

I also use an RO unit that is that brings my tap water from 300ppm to 8ppm
DSCN12623.JPG

DSCN12565.JPG
The Strains
I am currently working through a seed inventory that includes;
Super Lemon Haze
Purple Wreck
Mkage
Tangereen Dream
Lemon Thai
Lemon Skunk

There are a couple other freebies that I cannot remember. For this journal it will be 2 purple wrecks 1 Mkage and 4 Super Lemon Haze.
DSCN11592.JPG

Germination and Cloning
I have been using this same cheap humitity dome for about 3 years. The only modification is the hydroton to spread the heat of the seedling heater mat out and keep the cutting from sitting in standing water.

DSCN13667.JPG

DSCN12535.JPG

DSCN12644.JPG

Clones take an average of about 10 days. I have seen them poking roots out in as little as 5 though. I ussually dip them in Rootone power before placing them in the rapid rooter plugs. I used to use rockwool but the plugs are just so easy and cheap.
DSCN17873.JPG

DSCN17823.JPG

The temps hover around 70 and humidity around 98%

DSCN12565.JPG

I will try and get some more in tomorrow.

Very nice Mr White, looks all the corners have been covered.
glad to have the invite:)
oh I dont remember if you have or not , but I to have started a new journal listed below

Lets see what I can get to in an hour.

According to my little green garden log, the Purple Wrecks were started on the 20th of Aug. This conflicts with evidence provided by my camera. These were taken on the 22nd of August and they are definatly more than 2 days old so I am guessing that I planted them on or around the 15th of August. Once I get some roots poking out of the rapid rooters they get placed in a little Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

DSCN18502.JPG

The Mkage is in the front the Purples are in back. Mkage had some funk going on with its first set of leaves for a while but she pulled out nicely.

DSCN18512.JPG

On the August 30, they were transplanted into some coco and given the mild Blue Planet mix. There was no shock and they took off quite well.
Purples and Mkage September 2nd
DSCN18825.JPG
-

DSCN18835.JPG
-

DSCN18844.JPG

The Super Lemon Haze were started on the 25th of August. I am a little more certain of this date. I let them soak for about 12 hours an then placed them in the rapid rooter plugs. I want to say that in took about 2 days until they broke the surface.

Super Lemon Haze September 2nd
Lower right is a rooted clone of something else...
DSCN18814.JPG

Out of time again.

Very Nice ... lush even :cheesygrinsmiley:

Subbed.
Glad to see your grow at the beginning. I didn't see your last grow til the end. It had a very good end lol.
I'll be checking this grow on a regular basis and not just stopping by every now and then. You have already proven that you can grow in multiple ways so its going to be fun to watch it again in the coco medium. Should be less fustrating than hydro, more similar to dirt but with a higher watering cycle like most soiless mediums.
Lets grow.

Hi mate,
Nice strain choices buddy! Hoping theyll all be girls and give you some nice stinky buds:):)
They should grow fairly quick under your lights.. Goodluck and happy harvesting. Smokemup..

Yes Mr. White, another fine start. looks like happy time by the holidays for sure!

Thanks everyone,
I guess that Friday is a good day to start a Journal. I am impressed with the responses. Thanks for the Reps on the old journal Propa. You know for years I read your name as Papa Gator. I just finally read you name correctly for the 1st time this summer. It is seriously great to have you all aboard.

So I left off on the 2nd of September. The Purples had just been transplanted into coco and the Super Lemons had just grown their 1st set of true leaves. As far as Nutrients at this stage I always go light. I usually wait at least 2 weeks. The Ocean Forest has some nutes in it already and I have gone for as long as a month with the bonzai mothers feeding them only tap water. Growth is slow this way but that is what I was shooting for with the mothers. If I want to flower a clone or a seedling as fast as possible I start on the nutrients at about the second week. I always start off with a very small dose especially when messing with a new strain. At this point the Purples and the the Mkage have got their first taste of Blue Planet when transplanted to the coco. The seedling mix was the strength I used, and they loved it.
Here they are in their slightly bigger pots.
DSCN18935.JPG

September 6th I transplanted again earlier than I would normaly, I cannot recall the reason right now but there was one. The two Purples got a new home in 5 gallon smart pots

DSCN19105.JPG

I also did a limited defoliation on them. Just the main fans where taken to open them up. They are very compact little plants.

DSCN19153.JPG

DSCN19163.JPG

The Mkage remained in the same container. I was originally going to flower the two purples first but the MK is just doing so well that I decided that the biggest of the purples and the MK will be first. The other Purple and the 1st of the Supers will be one to two weeks behind them.

DSCN19192.JPG

The next photos are from the 13th
Here is all three soking up some HPS
DSCN19295.JPG
DSCN19346.JPG

DSCN19295.JPG

I also trimmed or fimed the tops of the MK and big Purple. Not sure of the exact terminology maybe someone can enlighten me. What I did was cut the top shoot so that there was two small shoots at the top. Then I cut one of those off so that It would turn into the top cola. It will be smaller than it would have been if left alone but the under branches get a big boost.

DSCN19305.JPG

DSCN19315.JPG

The last update that I have right now is that I transplanted the MK to an Air pot, vegged it for 2 days and then both the MK and the big P got their first full day in the flower room and 12 hours of dark last night.

DSCN19512.JPG

I also pulled down a Lucy that was at about 8 weeks. She could have gone another but I am inpatient and undisciplined. She kept me busy on my day off though and her sister will go all the way to term. I can go over the other girls in the garden if there is interest but not today. Again thanks for the support.

DSCN19392.JPG

There might be 3zs there. Any guesses to the final tally?

Nice pull on the lucy. be watchin to the end Mr. White:)

Very nice looking journal.... I am all in!

-TG

Back
Top Bottom