MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

What steered me away from Advance Nutrients was the high cost of all the required products for a grow cycle. The reason also I did not use FoxFarm's products is the high nutrient dosage and the required flushing to eliminate the excess nutrients. With General Hydroponics Flora series I have a reliable stable product that I can eliminate as a source and cause of problems.

I agree on the AN. Just too many products and too expensive. I've had a decent experience with FF over the years but I'm definitely ready for something different.

I'd really like a simple just add water system for my SOG but I'm not finding a simple enough recipe. They all require several amendments I don't have and I'd hate to spend money on amendments when I'm ordering docs kit anyways.

I was hoping for a 4 part soil. Maybe pro mix, worm castings, myco, and one other amendment but I'm worried about not meeting all my plants nutrient needs.

I really like the simplicity of the GH flora series but it feels a lot like FF still. I really love the GO box. All organic and reasonably priced. Worried about clogging my drippers and juggling bottles again though. Any opinions on the flora series vs go box in my situation?

Although I do have some General Organics nutrients I have not used them yet. I am not sure if the General Organics nutrients would contribute to your drippers clogging.

You can contact General Hydroponics and ask them if you can use the General Organics in with your hydroponic drippers without clogging.

https://www.perfectgardens.com general-organics GO box

https://www.accesshydroponic.com go box starter kit

General Hydroponics-USA
P.O. Box 1576
Sebastopol, CA 95473

Telephone: 1-800-37-HYDRO
(1-800-374-9376) or 1-707-824-9376
Fax: 1-707-824-9377

email: info@genhydro.com
tech support: tech@genhydro.com
URL: GENERAL HYDROPONICS

General Hydroponics-Europe
ZI Route de Lectoure
32500 Fleurance, France

Telephone: 33-(0)-5-62-06-08-30
Fax: 33-(0)-5-62-06-64-04

email: info@eurohydro.com
URL: GENERAL HYDROPONICS EUROPE : advanced nutrients systems, hydroponie, bioponie, hydroponic, hidropónico, hydroponicznych

I telephoned General Hydroponics and asked about using General Organics with hydroponic systems and the representative said the General Organics do not work very well in hydroponic environments as the nutrients need to be broken down by microbes.

Thanks for the great info john!

Pretty pumped. I just got done ordering my new tent, high brix kit, and lots of other goodies. Next up are some new strains. Waiting for a promo first :)

Haven't decided on the SOG nutes yet. Have about a month before I run out so I'll be deciding in the next few weeks.

I telephoned General Hydroponics and asked about using General Organics with hydroponic systems and the representative said the General Organics do not work very well in hydroponic environments as the nutrients need to be broken down by microbes.

Above and beyond as always kc! Thanks a million. Kinda had the same hunch myself.

Hey mr bubbles how did that dinachem come out? I have some berries and id like a lil info if you dont mind. Thank you sir :)

Hey Canuck!

Honestly I'm on the fence with the Dinachem. Keep in mind I rate my grow skills pretty low so take any of my strain opinions with a grain of salt.

I've had a few seeds in some of the DC on lower buds. Immature and maybe 3 off of an entire plant. I've also had trouble with yields. They've been decent but lower than other strains. This might be due to growing them topped in a small plant SOG vs single cola.

All of these could be grower error but the flavor isn't my normal preference. Its very floral. Thats about the best I can describe it lol. I usually prefer fruity and candy like flavored buds.

The high is pretty much a 50/50. Pretty strong and smooth.

Now these are my opinions currently but my 5 gal one might change my whole perspective. Smells unlike any other dinachem I've grown to date. Massive chunky frosty buds. One of my best plants to date. I should be harvesting within 10 days. I'll try to post a review on my journal for it once I get it cured.

I usually don't review strains because I know I'm not growing them to their potential so I don't feel like my review would be accurate. I will at least give an opinion on whether I'll keep it or not. I'm up to 11 strains and looking for more so some of these will have to hit the chopping block.

Sorry not sure how much this rambling will help you lol

Thats great actually. I prefer that lemony/fruity taste as well. But ive heard nothing but good things about dinachem (thats why i got the seeds). Ill be growing it in high brix after a strawberry cough and bubba kush run :). But im real anxious to get a dc going...i might have to change things up lol
Id say dont give up on any of the strains you have until youve run them through kit soil cuz you KNOW they'll take on totally different characteristics. Im currently running a white widow in kit soil and shes gorgeous...im sure the 900w led is helping tho :)
Ill be looking for your review on that dinachem.

Thats great actually. I prefer that lemony/fruity taste as well. But ive heard nothing but good things about dinachem (thats why i got the seeds). Ill be growing it in high brix after a strawberry cough and bubba kush run :). But im real anxious to get a dc going...i might have to change things up lol
Id say dont give up on any of the strains you have until youve run them through kit soil cuz you KNOW they'll take on totally different characteristics. Im currently running a white widow in kit soil and shes gorgeous...im sure the 900w led is helping tho :)
Ill be looking for your review on that dinachem.

I've heard nothing but good things about the DC as well. My understanding is it's basically chemdawg. The medicinal properties are the main reason I got it.

That's my plan exactly as far as deciding plants as well. First I was going to judge my 5 gal scrog to decide seems how they're turning out so well but now I want to run each in the brix soil first. Then I'll know I've done the best possible.

It blows me away by how many guys throw out amazing strains and blame seed companies when 90% of the time it's the growers error. Anybody might be able to grow weed but it takes a lot of skill and hard work to grow amazing weed. I believe it's important to be humble when growing this plant because we all still kmow so little about it. I laugh at those cocky guys that think they grow the best trees in the world. I grade mine 6/10. Hoping docs kit can help me take it to the next level.

Well, i just decided to start growing after years of dreaming about it. I blew plenty of money and killed several plants until i asked "whats high brix" one day. Since then i have only one grow going but she smiles at me every time i look at her (i might be a bit teary eyed at harvest lol). Theze guys who think theyre the best...huh...one thing i cant stand is the whole "holier than thou" attitude. Yeah i know im gonna have some of the best weed ever grown but its not because im best grower, hell im not even a decent grower!!! I just know how to follow directions!! Lol
Kit growing is so easy dude. I feel like im cheating sometimes cuz i never went through the hard lessons of growing good mj but oh well, it is what it is! Lol

And that's exactly the point of doc's kit. Giving everyone the ability to grow amazing med's by just following the instructions.

Man do I ever wish I would be discovered this forum and doc 10 years ago. I cant imagine where I'd be today. Unfortunately I took the long route and learned the hard way. That's usually how I roll tho because my analytical mind has to know every detail about everything lol.

Im kinda the same way too...i love knowing how stuff works lol. But in respects to mj, i like the fact that i dont know whats happening within the plant...just as long as its happening lol. All im concerned about are the results and from what i can tell, will be superb!! :)

Im kinda the same way too...i love knowing how stuff works lol. But in respects to mj, i like the fact that i dont know whats happening within the plant...just as long as its happening lol. All im concerned about are the results and from what i can tell, will be superb!! :)

My life would be so much easier if I could just sit back and enjoy the magic vs having to understand the inner workings of everything lol. Whenever I eat an amazing meal I always find myself wondering how it was made. I frequently consider working at different restaurants just to learn the process for my favorite dishes lmao. That how I view growing cannabis. Not only do I want to be able to use Doc's kit successfully but I also want to understand exactly how it all works. I only learn by doing though and somethings I have to do multiple times before I begin to fully understand it. I think I'll be on my 3rd kit before I fully grasp it all. Microbiology and nutrients are like algebra for me ;)

Cleaned up the veg plants tonight. Getting a bit overcrowded. The factory line is getting backed up lol. I have over a dozen clones that need to be moved from the cloner to soil. I have 15 plants ready to move to flower but no space available on my table for about 2 weeks. I will have space on the other side of my tent and may improvise. Can't wait for my new tent to get here! :)

Here's a few pics....

1393635698376.jpg
1393635674742.jpg
1393635652847.jpg
1393635633970.jpg
1393635616442.jpg
1393635530236.jpg

Beautiful garden my friend! Wish i could grow a few but the old lady would have a cow lol. So as it stands i have one girl who gets all my attention :). Oh except for a basil plant i have in there which looks beautiful and happy :)

Beautiful garden my friend! Wish i could grow a few but the old lady would have a cow lol. So as it stands i have one girl who gets all my attention :). Oh except for a basil plant i have in there which looks beautiful and happy :)

Thanks!

It's a full time job TBH. Pretty crazy when I look back where I started and where I'm at now. Originally I just wanted to grow our own personal vs spending $400+ per month and constantly fighting/stressing about It.

I realized we were severely undermedicating. My wife and I both suffer from undiagnosed mental health conditions. We could only afford 3.5 grams per week before. Now we average 5 grams a day between the 2 of us and a straggler here or there. The difference is astounding. No more drama or stress.

I also discovered my passion in life through growing. I had always laughed at people who said they found jobs they loved. Now I understand what that feels like. I have never worked on something as hard as I have on this garden and yet no matter how long the hours get I still can't wait to get back to work the next day.

Realizing this has caused me to go from a hobby to a goal of becoming a professional grower. Now I equate all my expenses as education expenses. An HPS is still cheaper than half my old college books lol.

It's going to get crazy this spring. I've already started my seedlings for my vegetable garden. We already have basil, thai peppers, cilantro, and parsley. :)

Sometimes I think you are somehow hacking into my brain and stealing my thoughts!! Dude, I wonder how many of us think alike?

So when was Mrbubbleland going to be put into effect? I would enjoy a nice plot ;)

& thank you for comparing lights and expenses to college books, man, what a crock of crap, $300 for a mathematics book nearly made me say who needs math, I can already add this up and know I am getting PLAYED!!! Ahhh.. Ok, i'm off to class now... lol :laugh:

Hope your weekend was killer mrbub, your op is looking absolutely healthy as always. Hope that factory line will start speeding up and finishing up for you in time :joint: Green vibes your way brotha

:peace: CA

Update:

What a crazy weekend guys. Literally worked on the garden everyday from Friday night right up until work this morning.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to take many pics yet. Basically I've added a 3rd tent. It's a 4x4. I installed 4 t12 shop lights and a 6in duct booster fan to exhaust into my flower tent. This let's me take advantage of my carbon filter.

I also harvested a few SOG plants and my 5gal Ultra sour. The US may be my best plant yet. I just jarred it this morning. It's been drying since Friday night. Will have weights later tonight.

Here's a few pics for now:

2014022895194353.jpg
2014022895194422.jpg
2014022895194435.jpg
2014022895194458.jpg
20140228_205746.jpg
20140228_210150.jpg
20140228_211442.jpg

This is a monster Wild Thai. Didn't intend on it getting this tall. It really puts plant pot vs plant size into perspective lol.
20140228_212554.jpg

Also I have started a high brix journal with you can see in my sig. Thanks for following and happy growing everyone! :thumb:

Sometimes I think you are somehow hacking into my brain and stealing my thoughts!! Dude, I wonder how many of us think alike?
Dude we already know we think exactly alike lol.

So when was Mrbubbleland going to be put into effect? I would enjoy a nice plot ;)

Me too! Got my city wife convinced to move to acreage. Now I just need money lmao. Maybe in my 5 year plan. Of course there'll be a plot waiting for you if you can handle the weather :)

& thank you for comparing lights and expenses to college books, man, what a crock of crap, $300 for a mathematics book nearly made me say who needs math, I can already add this up and know I am getting PLAYED!!! Ahhh.. Ok, i'm off to class now... lol :laugh:

Don't even get me started on college bro. It's the biggest con in the world. Don't get me wrong I'm all for education but realistically anything you want to learn you can learn for free. Your just paying for that piece of paper. If you got a career planned out that your going to use the degree for go for it but if your getting a degree just to have one IMO your wasting your money. It took me a long time to figure that one out.

Hope your weekend was killer mrbub, your op is looking absolutely healthy as always. Hope that factory line will start speeding up and finishing up for you in time :joint: Green vibes your way brotha

It was certainly a killer weekend bro. Did a ton of work installing upgrades and harvesting. Loved every minute of it tho.

Sending vibes your way brother! :Namaste:

Had a chance to take a few pics during my lunch :)

20140303_125651.jpg
20140303_125544.jpg
20140303_125539.jpg
20140303_125557.jpg
20140303_125550.jpg
20140303_125638.jpg
20140303_125722.jpg
20140303_125751.jpg
20140303_125737.jpg
20140303_125759.jpg

Back
Top Bottom