MrRobert420's LP Aeroponics - DWC - LED - SCROG - 2 Hindu Skunk

Very nice set up mrrobert, won't be long and you'll be "Kickin Butt & Takin names"

If I'm not mistaking the 600 watt's foot print handles a 4'X4' area so you will be able to move those soon to be monsters out a little.

It won't be long and you will be walking around the office singing "Welcome to the Jungle" (in Axles voice).

And no Sir, no journal until I find a better place to live & grow. For now I will be happy to live though your grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

WOW! What a tent! Looking awesome brother! You can grow some monster plants in that tent!!!!! Cant wait to see you fill it up. I bet that was a BEAST to put the tent over the poles. The poles are so easy to setup and snap in nice and then you get to the actual tent and have to lift it over the top and around lol... I cant imagine a 10X10 !! Good job!!!

OMG mrrobert!!!! I'm so jealous!!!:high-five: That's pretty much the same setup I've been wanting to upgrade to for months now. Congrats man, your gonna grow monsters in that tent. oh yeah.... your hindu skunk is looking sweet man, your closet is looking amazing.;)

I'm jealous too! That friggin thing is amazing! I love the use of 4 ratchet hangers tied to each corner. You now have so much more control of your light positioning than the rest of us. Now you can compensate for any possible short comings each 600 may have trying to cover all the space. Depending on the amount of flex between the hoods, there's potential to get a hood also to each corner. I also dig the use of zip ties opposed to hose clamps, they are a pain in the stones. That concrete floor will be so helpful in the summer time and you can even build a floating floor to cover all the plumbing and hold the chill.

This tent is going to make honing your skill and technique much easier and fluid like, especially between harvesting sites, you'll then be practicing those skills daily for all stages of grow. You got the space, you got the environment, you got the materials and we all got the time to sit back and watch you blast off!

Congrats on the major come up my friend!

thanks Cmon now lets see if i can put my limited growing skill to use lol

with only 6 months experience i am not anything but a noob still hahahah

Give a noob the perfect environment to grow and he too shall grow ;)

If that makes any sense what so ever. I've taken a bunch of dabs and trying to be all philosophical and what not lol

I don't know how i ever missed your Journal brother, but i'm here... Finally!

All i can say is... Welcome to the Big Tents Club! 8'x8' and bigger are the way to go!

i was going to go for a 10x10, but unfortunately my second bedroom in my apartment only accommodates an 8'x8' tent with 4x 600w CoolTubes inside!

Looking fantastic man!

+1

Very nice set up mrrobert, won't be long and you'll be "Kickin Butt & Takin names"

If I'm not mistaking the 600 watt's foot print handles a 4'X4' area so you will be able to move those soon to be monsters out a little.

It won't be long and you will be walking around the office singing "Welcome to the Jungle" (in Axles voice).

And no Sir, no journal until I find a better place to live & grow. For now I will be happy to live though your grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

yes i will be singing that song - thanks 60cal - for now they are just hanging - once i get my nets in i will move the lights accordingly :)

I'm jealous too! That friggin thing is amazing! I love the use of 4 ratchet hangers tied to each corner. You now have so much more control of your light positioning than the rest of us. Now you can compensate for any possible short comings each 600 may have trying to cover all the space. Depending on the amount of flex between the hoods, there's potential to get a hood also to each corner. I also dig the use of zip ties opposed to hose clamps, they are a pain in the stones. That concrete floor will be so helpful in the summer time and you can even build a floating floor to cover all the plumbing and hold the chill.

This tent is going to make honing your skill and technique much easier and fluid like, especially between harvesting sites, you'll then be practicing those skills daily for all stages of grow. You got the space, you got the environment, you got the materials and we all got the time to sit back and watch you blast off!

Congrats on the major come up my friend!

glad you approve skybound! Been a long time running but im here and starting lol - so happy with this new set up - I got all the ducting ran to the attic and both fans hanging from the rafters. I am getting nice negative pressure with a good amount of suction on the tent poles from the tent. :)

I don't know how i ever missed your Journal brother, but i'm here... Finally!

All i can say is... Welcome to the Big Tents Club! 8'x8' and bigger are the way to go!

i was going to go for a 10x10, but unfortunately my second bedroom in my apartment only accommodates an 8'x8' tent with 4x 600w CoolTubes inside!

Looking fantastic man!

+1

Thanks greenthumb - You have quite a bit of knowledge - I appreciate your approval! I still need another 2 600 HPS/MH combos but other than that this thing is up and running - I have 6 new Pineapple Chunks i just rooted and put in the tent - Looks like im on a three month countdown from here :)

WOW! What a tent! Looking awesome brother! You can grow some monster plants in that tent!!!!! Cant wait to see you fill it up. I bet that was a BEAST to put the tent over the poles. The poles are so easy to setup and snap in nice and then you get to the actual tent and have to lift it over the top and around lol... I cant imagine a 10X10 !! Good job!!!

OMG was it a pain - Next time i think i will build the poles inside the tent instead of pulling it over the top. It was like bear wrestling a 900 pound women - No leverage or anything - when you thought you almost had it you realize half of it is still sitting on the floor lol ahahaha

would take me about 4 hours set up the entire thing now that it is all laid out and engineered. :)

OMG mrrobert!!!! I'm so jealous!!!:high-five: That's pretty much the same setup I've been wanting to upgrade to for months now. Congrats man, your gonna grow monsters in that tent. oh yeah.... your hindu skunk is looking sweet man, your closet is looking amazing.;)

Thanks stealth - was only may i first got on your journals and started this journey - It has been great sharing this experience with you guys!! Thanks on the Hindu Skunk - It seemed to be pissed for three days after the heat tx it got - But last two days i am seeing the buds swell so i would assume its back at full swing and will finish nicely for me even though i was so mean to her for 12 hours lol lmfao hahahah

tent update

I have placed 6 clones of the pineapple chunk i took three weeks ago in the ebb and flow buckets - still have 2 clones left in the cups - Veg has started :) Just another 3 month wait is all hahahahaha

IMG_111726.JPG

Looking good!!!! Wow you already have clones in there! Slow down, Now i gotta catch up! Still waiting on my clones to root.

Im sure you know but you will have to tie that scrog down from the bottom also once you get ready! 6 girls im sure it would push it up or sideways!

"It was like bear wrestling a 900 pound women - No leverage or anything - when you thought you almost had it you realize half of it is still sitting on the floor lol ahahaha" Quote of the day lol

Looking good!!!! Wow you already have clones in there! Slow down, Now i gotta catch up! Still waiting on my clones to root.

Im sure you know but you will have to tie that scrog down from the bottom also once you get ready! 6 girls im sure it would push it up or sideways!

Yeppers you are correct - I have 5lb clip weights to hang on when need be :) - I forgot to share that part - thank you for bringing that up :)

They are clones from my Pineapple Chunk trim 3 weeks ago :) oh yea baby!! - they have roots growing almost an inch from the cube - I keep moving and peeking through the clay rock (kinda feel like a dirty creeper man peeing up skirts lol) and they have grown very well in the two days they have been in there. Didnt expect such great root growth - Almost equates to my Aero - Which from i have read most aero guys will only ebb and flow if they cant aero or want a more fool proof method -

This at the moment right off the bat is winning me from aero as there is just so much less complexity to the system - well i guess not complexity but a lot less ways of things to go wrong - A little more redundancy in the ebb and flow - Or excuse me Ebb and Grow as CAP would say lol lmfao.... marketing ...... lol

Heading to go pick up 4 skywalker og clones that are about 2 ft tall :)

Plus another light came in today

Were just moving along over here :)

"It was like bear wrestling a 900 pound women - No leverage or anything - when you thought you almost had it you realize half of it is still sitting on the floor lol ahahaha" Quote of the day lol

lol thanks cmon but seriously as difficult as described lol hahaha

>>> This at the moment right off the bat is winning me from aero as there is just so much less complexity to the system - well i guess not complexity but a lot less ways of things to go wrong - A little more redundancy in the ebb and flow - Or excuse me Ebb and Grow as CAP would say lol lmfao.... marketing ...... lol

This actually sounds like more can go wrong! More buckets, more hoses both equal more leaks if the system isn't sealed or manufactured properly.. would be a real PITA to come home to your tent floor flooded and your plants wilting cause they aren't being watered!

At least with the Aero, the only things to halter your grow would be sprayers getting clogged and your water pump failing, thus not spraying your plants. If your roots are long enough, they hang into the water anyways right? so the plant can still take in water and stay hydrated. Just keep an airstone in the reservoir.

An almost foolproof system would be a reciculating top feed, like how TheCapn grows. You dont need an air pump or stone (but its suggested) just a water pump, a tote, and a drip ring made of PVC or a hydro halo off the internet. Your roots are NOT submerged in water, so theres no need to keep oxygen in the water reservoir. The only problem you would encounter, would be a power outage, in which case your water pump would not irrigate your plants until power was restored. But if you irrigate multiple times a day, you can leave your plant for a couple days and not having to worry about it drying out on you!

The thing with ebb and flow buckets is, if one plant develops pythium, you've now infected all the other plants in the system, plus having a larger reservoir will raise humidity in your flowering tent which could run the risk of mold in your buds.

E&F is much less prone to problems than DWC is, but i think a "Capn-Style" flowering set up is the most efficient, and least prone to issues, plus its super cheap and easy to set up!

Greenthumb, some great points made, however, in Capn style, I can go an easy 2 days with no feed and minimal stress, plus if power is not restored but I some how could find a way to power my lamps, but not my pump :laughtwo: I still have the luxury of hand feeding. Capn style really is minimal risk to maximum rates.

I know you love your automation there Sky, I'm sure you will jury rig something up to keep those lights powered!

But realistically, whos power is out for that long? Power and utility companies (at least here in Canada) are pretty good at getting the power restored very quickly, although i have seen the news about major power outages in the US.. but how long do those last for?

For me, depending on how warm the days are, i can get away with 3 days without any irrigation before the plants start to show any sign of stress. But i dont have any reasons to be away from my grow. At least at the moment, have a 7 day vegas trip i just booked for June tho, so have to find a friend to come check on things while i'm gone!

Back
Top Bottom