Ms Bean7175 Night Shade & Blackberry 1st Journal

You can win them here. Just make a post on the thread. Good luck.

I'm headed that way now, :thanks:

@MrSauga , @Backlipside, Happy New Year to you to. And, Happy New Year to all you wonderful fellow grower.

I'll be getting a new camera around the 8th, and than next month I'll be buying a USB digital microscope that Backlipslide and Old Salt suggest to me. I'm having a had time in telling if my plants are ready for harvest, They are a 100 days old and seem to be mostly Sativa. It looks like the trichome are getting cloudy they are so close together that it hard for me to tell. The pistils are mostly rusty. I'm going to order me some Auto's for next grow inside for a winter grow. Looking forward to a fast growing plant. Day is young and I'm all done with my chores. So, I have the rest of the day off. :woohoo:

@420 I'm not a happy camper. I waited for my camera, it arrived late, only to fine out that it is broke. Now, I got to send it back. So, I am left with no pictures. It was about $50. dollars. I do believe my plants are ready to harvest. I wish I had pic's.
@MrSauga how do you dry your plants? I hang mine until branches snap, then put in jar's and air once a day for about 6 hours in a dark and cool place.

@Emilya I tried to watering like you taught me. But come to fine out I water to much with a heavy hand. It takes 9-11 days for my plants to dry out. I have to lighten up on my next grow and get it right. I watered to fast and the roots didn't grown right because of it.

I don't know, when, I'll get another camera, thinking of going to a pawn shop next month. Did, I hear someone uses a iPad to take picture of their plants? I feeling down. I will just be reading alone. :reading420magazine: :hippy:

@Emilya I tried to watering like you taught me. But come to fine out I water to much with a heavy hand. It takes 9-11 days for my plants to dry out. I have to lighten up on my next grow and get it right. I watered to fast and the roots didn't grown right because of it.
Keep practicing, and you will get it. The fact that it takes so long for your plants to use up that water just means that the roots are very underdeveloped for that size of container. The secret in getting the roots to expand out and become dense is in establishing a wet/dry cycle and also managing your successive uppottings so that they are not done before the plants are ready for the move.

Did, I hear someone uses a iPad to take picture of their plants? I feeling down. I will just be reading alone.
People use iPhones, iPads and pretty much anything that has a shutter :)
I'm sorry you're feeling down. Maybe this will help :hug:
:passitleft:

People use iPhones, iPads and pretty much anything that has a shutter :)
I'm sorry you're feeling down. Maybe this will help :hug:
:passitleft:

Back at ya MrSauga. :) :passitleft:
I use Dr.Ziggy's slow n' dry method. A breakdown of it is here:

I'm thinking of the auto-burp bucket to dry and cure the flower. What does a auto-burp bucket look like?

@MrSauga, Old Salt Sorry, I didn't get back sooner. I'm just now caughting up in my thread. Didn't know I had visitors. :passitleft:

Well it's on again, I fooled around with the camera and now it is working. It's just a Olympus 10x Super Wide.

This is a picture of Night Shade
P1150029.JPG

P1150026.JPG

P1140010.JPG

This plant is unknow but I was calling her Blue Berry.
P1140012.JPG

P1150024.JPG

P1140022.JPG

This one is a unknow. This is one is the best one out of the bunch.
P1150039.JPG

P1150041.JPG

I will see if I can get better shots.

Hiya MsBean!
The last picture above, you see how those top leaves look like taco shells? Notice the bottoms don't? That's usually a sign the lights are too low and causing some light stress. If you are concerned about it just lift them up about 6" and see how she responds.

Hiya MsBean!
The last picture above, you see how those top leaves look like taco shells? Notice the bottoms don't? That's usually a sign the lights are too low and causing some light stress. If you are concerned about it just lift them up about 6" and see how she responds.

Thank you MrSauga, I'll raise the light up. I think they are ready to be harvest. They are at 120 days and all the pistil color have turn amber. :)

You may want to get something like this to check your trichomes if you have the funds to spare. It's a more accurate method of determining when to harvest.

full

Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope,

I also bought the optional stand after I had tried the one it came with (on the right). The one it came with is too unstable making it difficult to focus. This one has a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. There are now WiFi versions with higher resolution (1080P) available. Both versions are available through Amazon or e-Bay. At high magnification, I need to remove the protective collar as shown to get close enough to focus.

Here's what I saw yesterday...

full

GDP #3 Trichomes

This plant is just past it's maximum THC. You can see that most of the trichomes are cloudy, with some still clear, and others turning amber. The clear trichomes are immature and don't contain much THC. The cloudy ones are mature and packed with THC. The amber trichomes have some of the THC being converted to CBN. CBN is the cannabinoid that produces sleep or the couch-lock effect. Harvesting just before this, when you have very few trichomes turning amber will get you the maximum THC. I'm waiting another day or two to allow more trichomes to turn amber, as this is my night time medicine.

You may want to get something like this to check your trichomes if you have the funds to spare. It's a more accurate method of determining when to harvest.

full

Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope,

I also bought the optional stand after I had tried the one it came with (on the right). The one it came with is too unstable making it difficult to focus. This one has a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. There are now WiFi versions with higher resolution (1080P) available. Both versions are available through Amazon or e-Bay. At high magnification, I need to remove the protective collar as shown to get close enough to focus.

Here's what I saw yesterday...

full

GDP #3 Trichomes

This plant is just past it's maximum THC. You can see that most of the trichomes are cloudy, with some still clear, and others turning amber. The clear trichomes are immature and don't contain much THC. The cloudy ones are mature and packed with THC. The amber trichomes have some of the THC being converted to CBN. CBN is the cannabinoid that produces sleep or the couch-lock effect. Harvesting just before this, when you have very few trichomes turning amber will get you the maximum THC. I'm waiting another day or two to allow more trichomes to turn amber, as this is my night time medicine.

Beautiful piece of equipment, Old Salt. I try to buy something each month or have to save up. For sure I will be ordering the Endoscope. It's a much need piece for a grow. :thanks:

Hello 420. Getting ready to hang my plants. @MrSauga what do you think of the dark period, like I think 48 hours? And, I want to wash them. I have found a recipe of 1/4 cup Lemon Juice and 1/4 cup Baking Soda to 5 gal water, then a rince, and another rince. What do you think? Also, I'm going to be growing Auto's next can you please tell me what high THC, mostly Indica Fem. plant strain would be good for me to grow?

@420 , I just want to say that I've never seen such compassionate. people to sharing they knowledge in growing this wonderful herb. Thank you, to each in one of you. What would be a good seed bank in US to buy seed from?

I have free Max, and Star on TV, and I have been watching movies.:snowboating:

I want to hear @MrSauga 's reply, but I will throw in that I am convinced that there is great benefit to having at least a 36 hour darkness at the end, and then never letting the buds see direct light again. I documented this in my last grow and actually went 72 hours in the dark, with a screw drilled through the trunks on two of my plants. The results were convincing... with microscope pictures and everything.

@MrSauga what do you think of the dark period, like I think 48 hours?
I want to hear @MrSauga 's reply, but I will throw in that I am convinced that there is great benefit to having at least a 36 hour darkness at the end, and then never letting the buds see direct light again.
I have not seen Em's results but I have no reason to doubt they are as she's stated. I have never run a dark period myself. I harvest at lights on as soon as I know the girls are ready.

@Dutchman1990 did an experiment on 12hrs dark vs 72 hours of dark.

I got to harvesting the second Critical lady today after the 72hrs of darkness. So after this time period in the dark what did I notice out the gate? Nothing!!! That’s right!! Absolutely nothing was different from #1 who I harvested after the 12hr dark period compared to this one which has sat in the dark for 72hrs before harvest. Now this may change come the smoke test after a few weeks cure but so far I’m leaning towards never doing a 72hr dark period again lol!

You can view the post here.

Back
Top Bottom