Mtn Fun: AK 47, 2018

Mtnfun

420 Member
This is my 1st ever indoor grow of anything. I started 2 newly rooted AK-47 clones on Oct. 26 I had inadequate light for a few days before I got what I needed. These vegged for about 4 weeks and are now late in week 2 of flowering. When I changed the lighting schedule to 12/12 and turned on the (red) bloom setting on my light they started forming buds immediately. I keep things simple and easy, and my plants seem to be doing okay.
I use Sensilite growing medium in 2 gallon fabric pots. I want to keep the plants fairly small as my growing space is small. I have it in my kitchen pantry closet. It is the perfect size for me, was very simple to set up, and is only slightly ghetto! My light is a 1000 watt LED from Amazon. Fan cooled with VEG and FLOWER settings. It puts out lots of light! I had it too close to the plants at first and got a touch of light burn but now it's all good.
I'm using GH FlorSeries nutrients. I thought I would do hydro but decided soil would be simpler and more intuitive for me. I'm a long time outdoor vegetable gardener. I fertilize 1once a week per the GH schedule but mix 1/2 strength. I water with tap water that has been chilling in a 5 gallon bucket for a few days. It comes out of the tap at 8 PH so I correct it down to about 6.5-7. A but high but the run off comes out about 6. I've been watering thoroughly about every 3-4 days. I don't monitor temp. or humidity but I do keep some bowls of water in my closet to add some moisture to the very dry Colorado air. It's warm when the light is on, cooler when dark. Duh.
Attached photos show--clones on day 1: my grow closet set up and: one of my plants today.

Attachments

• clones AK47.jpg
    clones AK47.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 206
  • grow closet001.jpg
    grow closet001.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 198
  • plant001.jpg
    plant001.jpg
    724 KB · Views: 173
This finally became a bit of an eventful grow. I had some serious yellow leaves and got lots of different diagnoses when I posted some photos. I had no way of quantifying any of it so I just gave my plants the best care I could. They kind of snuck up in me and showed unmistakably cloudy and amber trichomes at about 54 days instead of the predicted 60-65. So...I harvested them! A modest grow by anyone's standards. I intended to keep it small since it was my first try. Overall I am pleased.
Next time I will-- veg longer for bigger plants. Use a PH meter instead of just testing/adjusting my water, maybe experiment with topping.

Attachments

• yellow003.jpg
    yellow003.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 172
  • yellow001.jpg
    yellow001.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 195
  • cut001.jpg
    cut001.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 203
  • harvest001.jpg
    harvest001.jpg
    731.3 KB · Views: 186
  • harvest002.jpg
    harvest002.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 157
Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom