Multi-Plant Recirculating DWC Test

Room temp still gets into the upper 80s. The chiller is connected to the dwc but is placed outside of the room. I agree with you about res temps, it can really play a large factor in dwc.

thats really hot. the strains ive been going with seem to shut down at 83. i never run an ac, bcz of wiring issues. need a bigger breaker i guess. r u running a can fan?

this dwc design really looks top notch, cant wait to see the dense sticky nugs. stay cool as best you can, high temps can stunt growth for weeks.

peace

Thank you for checking out this diy test.

The upper 80s temp is within the light barrier, the rest of the room is 75f. The chiller compensates for warmer rooms and the ebb's resevoir is outside the light barrier. This room has a can 150 with a vortec 8 inch inline fan.

On day nine I do a waterchange. 32 to 33 gallons rodi water, 450ml dynabloom, 100protek, and 100 microbebrew.
1054ppm set at 5.88ph

Pic at day 9 in flower.
001_d9f.JPG

Trimmed up and removed large fan leaves from the oldest and biggest 3 plants, will be deleafing the other 2 in a few more days.
Pic at day 9 in flower.
005_d9f.JPG

I always try to minimize popcorn bud. Except for blunts, hash, and oil I have no use for them. Growing el natural is nice but I am aiming for a decent amount of thick buds and pruning is one way of doing it. It allows space and light penetration and can reduce the amount of trimming you have to do in the future.

I always try to minimize popcorn bud. Except for blunts, hash, and oil I have no use for them. Growing el natural is nice but I am aiming for a decent amount of thick buds and pruning is one way of doing it. It allows space and light penetration and can reduce the amount of trimming you have to do in the future.

Thanks for the info, do you trim more than once? Do you know why people say not to prune? Most people on site seem to lean towards pruning. Seems like the logical choice for deep penetration of light is to prune. Well anyways, cant wait to see next pics. That room is really clean and tight. How long have you been gardening?

:goodjob:

Mr. Smith, I am impressed. Your setup is great! Exactly the same setup I am thinking of going with for a small setup under one light. If it works out for me I'll switch. No medium and less nutes are what attracted me to this. I'm subbing to your journal sir.

I don't use alot of medium but I still use alot of nutes. Thank you for stopping by 4twenty4all.

Xlr8, removing the fan leaves from the main stalk stalls vertical growth in that area and speeds node growth and outer plant egde growth. Its just another form of plant manipulation making the lateral branches compete against each other trying to become the dominate stalk. The stalk thats tallest and closest to the light starts to become the main stalk until I remove some of its fans leaves and slow her down then a new race begins until the stretch period is over. This makes for big tops that will have big buds on the ends. The lower area gets low light penetration which makes alot of popcorn so I reduce and strip most of the lower levels. I think it makes trimming easier at the end. The plants would react the same way if I was to start tieing them down but then I would have to trim the dense canopy anyways and as of right now I don't need for that type of vertical height control. We can still go up with the lights.

Day 18 in flower
001_d18f.JPG

002_d18f.JPG

007_d18f.JPG

Nice explanation, will have to play with it. Not big on defoliating unless it covers a bud or top canopy is too dense.

Looking great - healthy and happy. :thumb:

Thanks again for the info on your defoliation style. I like the idea of reducing stretch and promoting lateral growth by removing fans on the main stems. Makes sense, and a great way to keep the canopy more even.

Back
Top Bottom