Multi-Strain - Bubble-Bucket for a Hydro Beginner

Nenerx3

shot_glass_Germination.jpg

12/09/15 5 seeds total; 3 Girl scout Cookies, 1 Master Kush, and a Special Queen #1 from Buy Cannabis Seeds from The Vault Cannabis Seeds Store UK have started their germination bath in shot glasses. I will leave in for 24 hours and they will be going in rock-wool cubs, in a mini germination dome. Please Feel free to check back I’m still getting stuff set up and when I do feel free to comment and let me know just how bad I'm doing. lol. History about myself, I did this 20 years ago when I was in high school. It was grown outside and in soil. Been doing a lot of research and want to try Bubble buckets. I will post pics in the following days.

Here is my setup:
Grow_Tent12.jpg

Apollo Horticulture 60"x60"x80" Hydroponic Grow Tent
VenTech Fan with Carbon Filter and Variable Speed Controller, 440 CFM, 6",
Apollo Horticulture 600 Watt Light Digital Dimmable with HPS & MH bulbs.
I will be using pH Perfect Sensi by Advanced Nutrients.
5 Bubble buckets with a 4 inch stone in each bucket & an oscillating fan.

StarterBox.jpg
12/14/15 Sorry been busy at work but keeping an eye on the seeds. I took the seeds out of the shot glasses and moved them in damp paper towels on 12/12/15 Got good root growth and moved to the rock wool cubes. For the cubes I pre-soaked them and added a very light nutrient feed with the Ph between 5 -6 (using Hydrion paper, I really need a digital one) This morning I gave them more water and saw some of the seed are starting to pop up!!! So excited… Since they are sprouting I added a light 2 CFL 23W one is 2400K the other is 6500K, Both are on a timer for 16hrs.

Holly crap they are growing fast... Check out the difference from just this morning till now. I have never seen it grow this fast. Is this normal for rock-wool cubes?
WOWGrowth.jpg

Checked the Cubes and still damp... How dry should i let the cubes get before i water them? Should i alternate between water and a nutrient solution? Any feedback would be great.

Happy Growing...
WOWGrowth2.jpg

Only give them water for now, they have all the nutrients they need stored in thier cotyledons (the small round seedling leaves), don't let the cubes dry out keep them moist but not soaking.
Subbed and also here to help if you have any questions mate

Came home from from work today and the Master Kush Finally sprouted. Only one GSK seed has yet to sprout. I added a few drops of water on teh cubes and will check them before i go to work.
WOWGroth3.jpg

OK sorry for the long break...
I have moved the seedlings into the buckets. The pump is putting out a ton of air with the 3" stones. Instead of the clay pellets I’m using the hydro grow stones from spun glass (Interesting fact is that they float...)

setup76.jpg

Per the guys at my local shop I'm using these nutrients at half strength...

nutrents.jpg

Q&A Time!!!
So the light source is 600W and is 22.5" away from plants i was thinking about lowering it slowly every day till i hit about 15" It is a huge difference from the 100W CFL they were under to start seeding...

Oh and Merry Chrismas!!!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom