Multi-strain grow: overfeeding and starving?

sundancer420

Hello dear grow community,

I need some advice on my second grow at all - maybe not the best idea to grow three strains, but I came to some problems and appreciate your advice.

Strains - Skywalker Kush (Reserva Privada) / Blue dream / Bakers delight
# of Plants - 3
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flowering
Bucket Size - 2 Gallon
Lights - 280 Watt LED
Nutrients - Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom / Atami Bloombastic (PK)
Medium - Plagron All mix
PPM - around 500 / EC 0.8 to 1.1
PH - 6.5
RH - 60% to 80%
Room Temperature - 70 to 77
Solution Temperature -?
Room Square Footage - 3'x3' (80 cm x 80 cm)
Pests - None Known

All plants are in week 5 (+3 days) of flower.

Overview:

overview.jpg

Front left: Skywalker Kush
Front right: Bakers delight
Back right: Blue dream

Blue dream:
bd_leafes1.jpgbd_leafs2.jpgbd_foxtail.jpg

BD is foxtailing, lowered the pot a bit..
Leafs turn yellow underneath and bright green on the top.

Bakers delight:
delight_leafes.jpgdelight_bud.jpg

Buds looking nice - leafs turn up at the edges, dark green - so I guess overfeeding of nitrogen.

Skywalker kush:
skywalker_leafs1.jpgskywalker_bud.jpg

Lower leafs turn yellow - need nitrogen I would guess

Gave them 1-2ml of BioBizz grow, 4 ml Bloom per litre, last 4 feedings Atami BCuzz Bloom stimulator (1ml/litre), lat 2 feedings Atami Bloombastic with 1ml/litre. Watering every three days, around 3 litre per plant (30% of the pot volume).
I know, humidity is a bit high for flowering - can't get it lower without a dehumifyer.. So I use three fans inside to circulate the air.

Any hints what to do? I plan to harvest at the end of october, in about 3.5 weeks. Have to bring this grow to an end - and these last weeks are very important.

Thanks for your advise! If you need more information, just tell me!

If I remember correctly, if your new growth is fine, but older leaves have curling & burnt edges, it's a sign of heat stress. Search on "tacoing" and see what comes up.

The other thing is, you're in 2 gallon pots. I think your plants are too big for those pots. You're probably root bound or close to it. You need to up pot, but it's probably too late for that. If there's room, throw some soil in the top of your pots. That may help.

Yellowing in mid flower is fine. The plants are using up the nutrients stored in those old fan leaves to make flowers. Completely normal and expected.

Nitrogen in flower usually is gonna lead to harsh tasting weed due to too much chlorophyll production.

We actually want to see those old leaves turn yellow and fall off naturally.

Its happening outside right now. Fall is in the air. It's the same deal with cannabis.

Fan leaves have different life cycle than the plant does. This big fans start to yellow and fall off as the flowers start getting bigger. The flowers get most of their energy from the fan leaves that are yellowing.

There's actually a mechanism in the petiole (stem) that acts like a one way valve. Letting nutrients go from leaves to plant and nutrients from the plant to leaf that part is shut off. So the green stuff (chlorophyll) is the sugars the flowers use to grow bigger. Since flowers dont produce much chlorophyll by themselves, they get it from those fan leaves.

She will and probably already has started growing more smaller fans to take the place of the yellowing ones.

All of this process is completely normal and your plants look great.

Just keep doing what you're doing. They dont need any extra nutrients in flower.

Extra will make harsh tasting weed due to the reason the plant uses the nutrients you feed her instead of using up the nutrients she stored for making flower (stored in the leaves).

The green chlorophyll is best used up by the plant instead of nutrients fed to her in flower. Chlorophyll is one thing that makes weed taste harsh.

Back
Top Bottom