Multi-Strain Grow With 1000W Ballast From JD-Lighting - Perpetual Part 3

Critical Kali Mist day 31

IMG_69321.JPG

IMG_69341.JPG

Some fresh "killer kanna" brownies in the oven right now

IMG_69301.JPG

Yummy! My mouth is watering now.

Reps!

Tis' the season to be baking... Will be making ginger bread, bananna nut bread, XXXmas cookies, and a special blackberry cobbler this weekend. Always good to be baked while baking ;)

Had to do my monthly hood and bulb cleaning so snapped a few shots. My JDL 1000w ballast hasn't hiccupped once in 8 months straight on 12/12, can't say enough good things about this workhorse. Thanks again and again for the ballast JDL, it has seriously upped my game.

5th Element day 35

IMG_69412.JPG

Critical Kali Mist day 40

IMG_69372.JPG

Full tent with Kali in front. Current residents are Critical Kali Mist, Critical Sensi Star, Critical Super Silver Haze, and a Sugar Black Rose all from Delicious Seed's. Only strain in there not from Delicious is my 5th Element that runs from seed when I run her occasionally. I have a Female Seed's ICE seed in a paper towel right now that will replace the Critical Sensi Star which is a top shelf indica , but I prefer the Sugar Black Rose sweet fruity flavor over the Critical Sensi Stars fuely skunk flavor for my "house indica", they both have a similar stone, 75% body 25% head. My current perpetual is set up to have 4 moms that are all running 2 clones from each which gives me a plant a week harvest on average.
IMG_69392.JPG

Getting ready for 2013 ;)

IMG_69721.JPG

4 Critical SSH, 3 will be flowered Jan 1st, 2013 and the one being LST'd will be the new mom
IMG_69731.JPG

Critical Kali Mist mom just topped and supercropped with a new seed from Female Seed's called ICE.
IMG_69742.JPG

Spring line up of clones. Critical SSH, Critical Kali Mist, and Sugar Black Rose.
IMG_6975.JPG

I had to break down and supercrop my Critical SSH's that are slated to go into flower Jan. 1st. They hit 12" today so I just pinched (super cropped) the stalk of two of them about 4" down from the very tops, and tied down the 2 headed one in the bigger pot since they are roughly a week ahead of schedule. My special pheno of CSSH will stretch 3x her starting height, but with the supercropping she will bush out instead of growing upwards over the next week.

And for those that may have any doubts that LED's work in veg just scroll up and look at my last post of the Critlcal SSH from 7 days ago, as well as the small topped Critical Kali Mist mom has tripled in size and has been up potted to a 3gal bucket, kali mist mom will go into flower Jan, 7th. I will admit that my pheno of CSSH is insanely fast but no heat to speak of and growth out the wazoo is what sold me on LED's for veg 2yrs ago, but I gotta have my HPS blasting in flower. The 180w and 120w panels (268w actual draw together) work fantastic in my 4x2x5 veg tent, less power and heat than my 250w mh (277w actual draw) and way less heat than my 400w mh but covers more area than either. No brainer there.

IMG_6979.JPG

CSSH
IMG_6981.JPG

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Critical Kali Mist Day 57 flower and we are now in the home stretch.

IMG_69851.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_69862.JPG

All is looking good in the 4x4 under the 1000w dimmable JD Lighting ballast.

IMG_69952.JPG

IMG_69961.JPG

IMG_69971.JPG

I guess since we are into the new year I should update my thread. All is good and green and getting full in the 4x4 tent. I am going to focus on bigger plants for awhile and see what this JDL 1000w ballast can do. I normally keep my plants 2ft to 3ft tall but this time I will run them to at least 4 footers.

Critical Kali Mist day 7 of flower, she was vegged 50 days from first roots and was topped multiple times. She has a massive stretch but her yield makes up for it.
IMG_70072.JPG

Critical Kali Mist day 39 and she will finish at day 65. She doesn't really start to fatten up until around day 50, after that she explodes.
IMG_70161.JPG

Same plant from above
IMG_7020.JPG

Critical Super Silver Haze twin clones day 7
IMG_70081.JPG

IMG_70102.JPG

Critical Sensi Star day 22
IMG_70151.JPG

IMG_70142.JPG

Female Seed's ICE day 19 from seed
IMG_70241.JPG

Full veg tent with big Critical SSH on the left being supercropped for another few weeks to become a monster bush
IMG_7021.JPG

Perpetual 1000w 4x4 tent
IMG_7029.JPG

Hey beautiful setup friend! I'm a little (a lot) late but I'm subbed. Got a question for you I may have missed it but how did the 12/12 from seed experiment work out for you? Was thinking about trying the same thing would like your insight! Thank you for sharing these works of art and I appreciate your knowledge!

I was not impressed with my try at 12/12 from seed, I guess I just didn't have the right strains. Each of the three gave up around 1/2oz and not enough in my eyes to do it again. I could see where it would have its advantages for other grow styles with less lights and space but with me running 1000w hps I prefer my plants matured before going into flower. I'm not knocking the 12/12 from seed grow style but it is just not for me.

Ever get one of those feelings that you vegged too long?

Critical Kali Mist day 13 and she will stretch until day 19

IMG_70471.JPG

IMG_7048.JPG

Female Seed's ICE day 26 from seed

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

The ICE is a selected phenotype out of a Skunk Special x White Widow cross, back in ’96. She was selected out of 500 females, because she the had best of both sides. The enormous buds of the Skunk Special, the trichome coverage and power of the White Widow, with an Indica look. During the High Times Cannabis Cup of ’98, the highest THC-levels were measured in the ICE (published in Weed World). Years of backcrossing and cubing have been spent to stabilise this cross towards the first phenotype. Even a little bit of Blueberry was crossed in and stabilised again. She smells like a diesel (fuel) and the flowering period is 8 weeks. Although an indoor strain, she grows perfectly outdoor in Mediterranean climates.
Finally we managed to bring out a female version of this wonderful strain. She has been tested under the most stressful conditions and stays female.

Reliability: 1/1000+
Flowering period: 8 weeks
Yield: Maximum
Harvest outdoors: mid/end October
Variation: 2

Veg/mom tent is getting busy again. Just upped the ICE from Female Seed's to a 5gal bucket and took a few clones from the bottom of her. She will get another 2 weeks veg before she is flowered.

Current moms are all from Delicious Seed's- Critical Super Silver Haze, Critical Kali Mist, Critical Sensi Star, and Sugar Black Rose (critical x black domina). It will be a couple of months before I know if the ICE will replace the Critical Sensi Star mom. The CSS has a very similar high as the SBR, but I like the musky/sour fruit taste of the SBR over the skunky funky flavor of the CSS.
IMG_70583.JPG

Clones are Critical SSH, Sugar Black Rose, and ICE.

IMG_70621.JPG

Very nice. Got a few questions on your cloning method. Are those cubes in standing water at all times? If so how often do you change the water and do you also let it dry/air out ever? And what's with the medium in there is that to help temp or humidity? Trying to get my clone method down better. It's taking me 2 to 3 weeks for roots and that's not gonna cut it.

Well first off you can't rush mother nature, some will root sooner than others, even from the same mother. My indica strains have roots in 7 to 10 days while my sativa and hybrid strains take 10 to 21 days.

I simply take a cutting from the plant, cut the stem at a steep angle and lightly scrape the stem. Then I dip it in cheap cloning powder and shove it into the rooter and cube and place under the dome. I spritz the dome daily but not clones directly. I keep perlite in the bottom of my clone dome to help with the humidity.

Female Seed's ICE

IMG_70691.JPG

IMG_70703.JPG

IMG_70713.JPG

Yeah these are indica dominant traits I know what you mean though. In those dishes there is always water in there or just until they are saturated?

Yeah these are indica dominant traits I know what you mean though. In those dishes there is always water in there or just until they are saturated?

I just use the cheap walmart sauce cups to keep them wet but not in standing water. Sometimes when I am lazy I just drop a tsp of water in the cup and let the rooter soak it up

Thanks for the info! The ICE looks beautiful. I was stuck between ICE fem seeds or Wonder Woman fem seeds(which If I remember correctly are in ICEs genetics) last time I ordered, thinking I shoulda went with the ice after seeing that beauty.

Back
Top Bottom