420 Magazine Background

Multi-Strain Seed Run

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
I wanted to do a seed run, but the sodium thiosulphate delivery is not listed in the postal system yet. If it shows up by the end of the month I'll start a few more strains. In the meanwhile, I'm not letting the grass grow under my feet and I'll start a grow with the strain I have the most seeds of.

Update: The Sodium ThioSulfate arrived 11 Apr 2019. My search for the Great Seed Sea is on! Two other strains have been added to this grow: Sapphire Scout by Humboldt, and Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics. All three strains were sourced from our sponsor Seedsman.

Strain: CBD Cream & Cheese (Seedsman)
Grow Area: 2' X 4' X 7' (60 X 120 X 210cm) Tent
# of Plants: 4
Container Size: 11l / 3.8 US gal caged grow bags
Lights:
  • King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light (300W from wall max)
  • DIY 8 COB Array (Citizen CLU048-1216 3000K)
Nutrients: GH Flora Trio and Supplements at 20% label strength
Medium: 70% coco / 30% perlite


Seeds in the Water (0.3ml CALiMAGic / Liter)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
I haven't tried it before. I don't have a clue what I'll get as far as THC/CBD content. The advertised 22%/18% for a total of 40% seems unbelievable. I'll be getting a test kit later this year so I can verify the cannabinoid content.
 

stoneotter

Member of the Month: July 2019
Hey Old Salt, I'm in. I think you're going to like how vigorous they grow. I have one in the last days now in the Four Fine Phillies journal. She's an interesting plant and smells fantastic. Can't wait to see yours. Good luck.
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
The seeds have all sunk, and have been placed between paper towel, between two saucers.


Seeds Sunk in the Shot Glass



Seeds Spaced Out on Paper Towel

The paper towel is dampened by water with 0.3ml CALiMAGic / Liter. The saucers are in my humidity dome. The seed tray bottom has a piece of egg-crate light diffuser on the bottom, and about 500ml of water in it. It sits on a seedling heating mat, under two T8 florescent bulbs. The lights are not on yet.

I noticed that two of the seeds have already cracked open. I spread them out a bit on the paper towel so that the roots won't tangle.
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
Yes. Tomorrow I'll get the nursery pots and coco/perlite up from the basement and put them in with the seeds. I'll water them and let them warm before planting the seeds.
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
Well surprise, surprise. Twenty four hours after putting them between damp paper towels, ALL of these girls are showing their roots. That's the fastest I've seen in six germinations.



Germinated!


The girls were planted in a mixture of 70% coco / 30% perlite. This has been recycled from a previous grow, so all I did was re-hydrate it with 0.3ml CALiMAGic per liter of water. A pointy stick (like a pencil) was used to make a hole for the girls. They were planted tap root down, with the seed case about 1/4" or 6mm deep. The hole was GENTLY squeezed around the girls so as not to damage the fragile tap root.



Planted!
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
Emergence! Day 0 of Grow / Day 0 as a Seedling

Three of the four plants have emerged from the substrate. This is the day used for calculating the length of this grow. These images were taken 33 hours after the germinated seeds were planted.



Left Two Seedlings - Raring to Go




RightTwo Seedlings - Just a Little Slower Getting Started
 
Last edited:

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
Yes. I took the underground action into consideration when I started this grow. My current harvest will be in two to three weeks, freeing up the tent for these girls. Perhaps by then I'll have them topped, and training started. Time will tell, as they have their own schedule.
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
The last one poked its head above ground this afternoon. I swapped out the standard height dome for my 7" high dome. I don't want the girls to bump their heads. They are now on a 16/8 light cycle. No nutrients or water are required yet. The first will be given on the appearance of the first set of leaves.
 

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
News Flash: I received the Sodium ThioSulphate today. This will now be the seed run I originally envisioned. Two strains with three seeds of each have been added to this grow, Sapphire Scout from Humboldt, and Candida from Medical Marijuana Genetics. All of the seeds were sourced through our sponsor Seedsman.


New Additions to the Grow: Candida and Sapphire Scout

The original girls have started to show their first leaves. Yes, I did put them on an 18/6 light cycle. My fingers were faster than my brain.
 
Top Bottom