Multi-Strain Soil Grow: 400W MH & HPS

Hey @irie lion ... just reading through your grow and I came across the plant bends.
Do you apply them for a week ... then reuse them again after the stem has firmed up?
Are you going to keep using them? ... or were they just a cool little toy for a bit?
Hey bro! :passitleft: Thanks for reading back! Those plant bends are so awesome. Those ones i added i did not remove as there was quite a bit of space within the bend for the stems to thicken up. But with cannabis the stems stiffen up nicely once you start bending / training them so i did notice i could have removed them. Iv'e got an abundance of them now so i don't feel the need to remove them but i definitely could. I'll be using them again really soon in my new thread so i'll post some more pics of them in use very soon! :rollit:
Hey @irie lion ... I'm going to have to raise my estimate on your harvest from 555 grams to 420 grams + 420 grams = 840 grams now that I've seen your latest updates!
BTW, how do you like to harvest? Branch by branch when the trichomes are cloudy or amber? I still need to do some reading/learning on harvesting/curing still.
That would be seriously impressive bro! :yahoo: 500g and i'll be super stoked! We've still got 14-20 days to go on these girls for them to put on the weight so lets see!
Regarding harvesting - Trichomes can be tricky things and it can sometimes be a difficult thing to go by for harvest - i find with sativas they sometimes take forever to show amber even though the bud seems to be in its prime. But generally the more amber you cut with the more stoned / couch locked effect you will receive so i keep my eyes on the ambers as thats the kinda effect i'm going for, sleepy meds. So i usually cut with at least half amber! :bongrip::yummy:
Regarding dry & cure - i will be doing a new drying method this round low and slow in the fridge which i have never done before. @SweetSue put together a very simple breakdown thread if you'd like to see what i'll be doing - DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest :nomo::reading420magazine:
NB: Before this i just used to wet trim, hang by the branch in a dark room with a fan going and i'd pop it in the jars with in 6-9 days. The final product was perfectly fine and smoked well, but Iv'e realized that it does not help we put all our efforts into growing these flowers and then when it comes to dry & cure we try and speed things up. The slower this process is the more it preserves the flavours ect. and that's what i'm after :cough::headbanger:
Whaddup Irie!?
Cruising through to say high!
:surf:

Killing it over there in the MOTM contest!
:welldone:
High brother! :high-five::passitleft:Thanks, ya never know whats gonna happen! :party:

Hey bro! :passitleft: Thanks for reading back! Those plant bends are so awesome. Those ones i added i did not remove as there was quite a bit of space within the bend for the stems to thicken up. But with cannabis the stems stiffen up nicely once you start bending / training them so i did notice i could have removed them. Iv'e got an abundance of them now so i don't feel the need to remove them but i definitely could. I'll be using them again really soon in my new thread so i'll post some more pics of them in use very soon! :rollit:

That would be seriously impressive bro! :yahoo: 500g and i'll be super stoked! We've still got 14-20 days to go on these girls for them to put on the weight so lets see!
Regarding harvesting - Trichomes can be tricky things and it can sometimes be a difficult thing to go by for harvest - i find with sativas they sometimes take forever to show amber even though the bud seems to be in its prime. But generally the more amber you cut with the more stoned / couch locked effect you will receive so i keep my eyes on the ambers as thats the kinda effect i'm going for, sleepy meds. So i usually cut with at least half amber! :bongrip::yummy:
Regarding dry & cure - i will be doing a new drying method this round low and slow in the fridge which i have never done before. @SweetSue put together a very simple breakdown thread if you'd like to see what i'll be doing - DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest:nomo::reading420magazine:
NB: Before this i just used to wet trim, hang by the branch in a dark room with a fan going and i'd pop it in the jars with in 6-9 days. The final product was perfectly fine and smoked well, but Iv'e realized that it does not help we put all our efforts into growing these flowers and then when it comes to dry & cure we try and speed things up. The slower this process is the more it preserves the flavours ect. and that's what i'm after :cough::headbanger:

High brother! :high-five::passitleft:Thanks, ya never know whats gonna happen! :party:

Morning brother Irie so what ya popping for ya low n slow dry/cure.... Anything within snipping distance I suppose....haha

Before I had the summer harvest I used dr.Ziggys method and bobs your uncle....haha, my outdoor smokes smooth but the fridge method is my favourite that I've tried and smoothest and refreshing for wan of a better description....

The room I got my clones in is freezing, old bathroom and I've tried everything to keep them warm but they not enjoying it sadly so I'm thinking of moving them back into the ' jerky box ' until this crappy winter weather passes.......

I've had them under the qb's for veg but I'm still playing with height adjustment as I want the side branches to grow out abit as the internodal spacing is tighter than the little mermaids pull on costume....haha, even the node spacing on the tiny branches is tight.

Hope ya have a cracking day brother and I got you month end for pres....haha

Yoooo ladies and gents I need some info please..:passitleft::surf: anyone ever been to Seychelles?

I started a thread to hopefully get some info on the cannabis culture that side?

I’ll post up some pics of the girls tomorrow - they’re all packing on the weight really well, I’m planning to start chopping on the 2nd of June. Pics tomorrow! :ganjamon:

Yoooo ladies and gents I need some info please..:passitleft::surf: anyone ever been to Seychelles?

I’ll post up some pics of the girls tomorrow - they’re all packing on the weight really well, I’m planning to start chopping on the 2nd of June. Pics tomorrow! :ganjamon:
Can't say but it looks like paradise! Going to the beach?

have a great time bro. well deserved.

Howsit Irie!

Shot for posting about the low and slow dude, been reading up on it and i’m Hooked.

Tell me, are you going to wash your buds as well? What are your thoughts regarding bud washing?
it is the only way to dry , even without fridges. The slower the dry the , the more chlorophyll that gets used up.

Howsit Irie!

Shot for posting about the low and slow dude, been reading up on it and i’m Hooked.

Tell me, are you going to wash your buds as well? What are your thoughts regarding bud washing?
Hey bro! :ganjamon:

No problem at all - i'm super amped to be using the method too!

Regarding bud washing - everyone needs to do it in my opinion. It's more important with outdoor harvest than indoor harvests but i'd recommend washing your bud either way. Lets not kid around we're growing dank, sticky weed and there's loads of dust and dirt that collects on the flowers throughout the grow that we can avoid smoking by just washing the bud after harvest. It feels weird in the beginning but if you check the dirt that's sometimes left in the water after washing your bud you'll never go back to not washing. For me it's like washing your vegetables before you eat them - you do not need to do it but it's definitely healthier, and produces a cleaner end product / smoke. :headbanger: If you need a link on how to bud wash lemme know, but it's very simple :yummy:

Happy holiday mate. Hope the pre harvest goes well. Ive washed in the past for purso, don't really do it atm for obvious reasons lol but yeah can get a really nice smoke. i would def reccomend some cat litter in the dry room with some silica gel ontop or a dehumidifier on hand if shit gets funky. Beveda satchels are a must i reckon too. Im interested in the fridge method for smell reasons atm especially since we are thinking of getting a new fridge. Rock on cuz
:headbanger::tommy::ciao:

Hey bro! :ganjamon:

No problem at all - i'm super amped to be using the method too!

Regarding bud washing - everyone needs to do it in my opinion. It's more important with outdoor harvest than indoor harvests but i'd recommend washing your bud either way. Lets not kid around we're growing dank, sticky weed and there's loads of dust and dirt that collects on the flowers throughout the grow that we can avoid smoking by just washing the bud after harvest. It feels weird in the beginning but if you check the dirt that's sometimes left in the water after washing your bud you'll never go back to not washing. For me it's like washing your vegetables before you eat them - you do not need to do it but it's definitely healthier, and produces a cleaner end product / smoke. :headbanger: If you need a link on how to bud wash lemme know, but it's very simple :yummy:

Sweet dude, I agree with the logic! I was skeptical at first but after reading up on it on the forums i’m Convinced. I also think it goes hand in hand with low and slow drying.

Will you document your washing/drying on your journal for us? What are you planning in terms of racks/paper bags/open jars in the fridge?

I’ll be documenting mine on the lo&slo forum. I look forward to seeing your results!

Hey my friends :ganjamon:
Just woke up in paradise...:lot-o-toke:
image.jpg

Only arrived last night, but the island is super irie and there’s a strong Rastafarian following here so I’ll have now worries finding some smoke. I’ll post some pics of the bud once I get some lol.
Here’s a couple pics of the grow I grabbed before heading out on Friday evening. I didn’t water them once last week and then gave them a solid watering Friday so they’ll be good till my mate checks them Tuesday. Enjoy the pics guys! It’s looking real great and we are near to harvest, it wasn’t easy leaving them when they’re so close to finish line.

Day 116 / Bloom Day 60
Family shot.
EE2A7EEB-F43D-4AA9-A1E1-08B68A8AB069.jpeg

Double Glock seems to be getting some colour to it, I’m sure she’ll look different when I’m back home.
0CFD2CD2-47EB-4335-A62A-6381DD954A9D.jpeg

Cheese nugs
FF2D12C7-E49A-4A3E-9612-DE5AD28B7AA2.jpeg

Double Glock
010A47A3-2EDB-4212-9F58-88064C1BA3EF.jpeg

Cheese
5860404F-50DD-42F4-8E02-62A3F56EA834.jpeg

When my mate goes to check up on them tomorrow I’ll get him to send more pics.
Have a blessed week everyone, I’ll update as much as possible and I’ll be back to all your journals next week! :passitleft::high-five:
Peace!

Man just reading back on this diary is making me miss home!

I'm so jealous you guys can now grow legally in SA while I'm stuck in a caveman era in the UK.

Loving the look of this grow! What a variety and really interesting hearing about the Saffa strains :).

Hope you don't mind me taking a seat in the corner :). Enjoy your time off!

✌️

Will you document your washing/drying on your journal for us? What are you planning in terms of racks/paper bags/open jars in the fridge?
Thanks for the interest bro! :headbanger:
I think since it's my first time doing the low and slow method i'll start up my own thread covering my harvest, dry and cure so that some of the pros can hop in and out to make sure i'm on the right track! ;):passitleft:so i'll give you a heads up when i do that.
Place looks amazing, plants too! Have a bowl with Jah!
:ganjamon:
Waking up in paradise is the best! Beautiful. Good luck finding something good to delve into.
Bud room looks nice, Your vaca spot looks a lot nicer... LMAO... Enjoy it bud, moments only come around once in while to have fun.. Take advantage... Green day in paradise bro....
Thanks brothers!! :passitleft::ganjamon: I grabbed a gram of African hash for 4 x the price i'm used to in South Africa for this quality, but i was happy and it tastes real good. For a gram i paid 450 rupees which is about R470 (33$ US) , and i get a gram of outdoor hash like this for R100 (7$ US) at home. I got a shitty pic but you get the idea :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom