Mumps Volcanic Grows 2020

"Little guy"? That's a huge monster! It could whoop Godzilla's ass! It's even camouflaged to hide among the spotted cannabis leaves - that's very specialized :p

...what exactly is it?

lol looks like he also has calcium deficency
i agree with stromblessed, look like some kind of leaf eating grasshopper...leafs are not eaten though, no idea what exactly is

brought Anita outside, my dog is watching for her
looks like hes sleeping instead is very alert : D

didnt touched the leafs cause i've read that after fourth week of flowering you shouldnt touch the plants..do you think i can cut some of the top leaves to make air circulation better?.
should have cutted the smaller branches when they were starting developing, luckily didnt make this error with the new grow

brought Anita outside, my dog is watching for her
looks like hes sleeping instead is very alert : D

Looks like he's been in dads cookie jar... :)

didnt touched the leafs cause i've read that after fourth week of flowering you shouldnt touch the plants..do you think i can cut some of the top leaves to make air circulation better?.
should have cutted the smaller branches when they were starting developing, luckily didnt make this error with the new grow

This is an auto right? Experience I got from defoiling Autos is they can run crazy after such a thing but they don't necessarily will either so its probably very strain and gene related how they behave if put to the test with this.... really looks like she could use some better circulation though so your perception is right about it. This is one of the reasons I usually don't run autos, very unpredictable behavior if handled by craZy's...

yes its an auto, i brought her outside with my outdoor grow, shes staying there for at least a couple of days, luckily isnt very smelling yet.
i just went checking my drying sweet zz and she didnt dry a single bit in two days and an half.
hanging the whole plant wasnt a great idea, this morning i cutted all the branches and finished trimming, i also brought there my dehumidifier and setted at 60%..
im scared of mold.
do you remember the rotten flower?
yesterday night i've smoked what i saved from the bud after a few days drying...i was tripping balls lol

Don't be scared, just vigilant :) And yes, add a fan in the tent!

Like you, I'm learning about how the changing seasons affects the grow, even inside the tent. The ambient conditions have been rough for a couple of weeks, with ~30C daytime temps and <50% RH. In the coming week it should cool down from 30C to 18C; it has started already with an outside day temp of 22C, and there's a little rain now and then. The plants and I are loving it!

Looks like Rome will continue to be ~32C for a while. Of course that's a warmer climate than I'm used too - looks like we're getting a taste of the southern European weather here...

Didnt think you could have that temperatures there too.
Im drying in the basament, cannot have smell inside my house anymore.
I was wondering if i need to dry in the dark..in the room there is a window and daylight enters..
Didnt plan the drying part very well honestly
anyway i just checked the drying buds and they seem to be already better thanks : )

here some todays pics of royal critical auto

Didnt think you could have that temperatures there too.
Neither did I :laughtwo:

I was wondering if i need to dry in the dark..in the room there is a window and daylight enters..
Yes, dry and cure in darkness - the trich degrades in (UV?) light. Also, AFAIK don't have it too hot where you cure and dry. I'm drying and curing in cupboards in an unused kitchen (it's now my grow room!), but due to the heat I'm moving my jars into the dark & cool basement for the long term cure.

That Royal Critical auto looks super furry :yummy:, and the Royal Gorilla auto looks lovely too. Your autos looks BIG to me... How tall are they? I'd be interested to hear what kind of yield you get from them in the end.

Very pretty! :drool:

You can keep them in the fridge briefly (I would go 3 days max). Freezer is best. Be gentle taking it out - once frozen, the trichomes will be brittle and will want to fall off.

I was thinking about waiting for all plants to be harvested and then use the trim for dont know what
That rosin press thread got my attention : D
I'll put them immediatly in freezer thanks

Yes, dry and cure in darkness - the trich degrades in (UV?) light. Also, AFAIK don't have it too hot where you cure and dry. I'm drying and curing in cupboards in an unused kitchen (it's now my grow room!), but due to the heat I'm moving my jars into the dark & cool basement for the long term cure.

That Royal Critical auto looks super furry :yummy:, and the Royal Gorilla auto looks lovely too. Your autos looks BIG to me... How tall are they? I'd be interested to hear what kind of yield you get from them in the end.

Thanks, need to shut the window then.
Yes, they are bigger then i thaught, i was wrong, the biggest plant Is northern light auto, royal gorilla is the sick one..aka Anita.
Dont know how tall they are, i'll meseaure them tomorrow

the biggest plant Is northern light auto
OK, cool! The last harvest I did was 4 Northern Lights autos. 2 of them were my biggest plants so far by weight at 100 days old and they were a little over 40cm tall (not big by normal standards..). Guess you've had a peek over in my journal... :) Got almost 90g dry from the biggest one which is my personal best :cool: The goal is to crack the 100g barrier with an auto!

The game is on then, let's see what your NL has got! :goof:

hanging the whole plant wasnt a great idea,

What made to this conclusion then? :)

I usually cut the buds from the plant when trimming off the leafs wet and then dry it on a oven plate in a box inside my veg tent usually just takes 3-4 days to get it crisp first time and then in a bigger jar/box in my fridge and burp this every other day for a week or two before packing it up tighter.

im scared of mold.
do you remember the rotten flower?

Think we all been there once or twice so this is something you will learn to see before it happens hopefully. This time and especially the fall when the rotten month arrives as we say here. Usually August, cooler night temps with lots of dampness and hotter weather during days but not enough to dry the damp inside buds makes them rot easier and develop mold.

As Cosmos said, higher RH makes this harder to control.

yesterday night i've smoked what i saved from the bud after a few days drying...i was tripping balls lol

:blunt::thumb:

Didnt plan the drying part very well honestly
anyway i just checked the drying buds and they seem to be already better thanks : )

This is a must just like Cosmos said, THC is scared of light and potency can drop easily when exposed to UV light. This is ofc relative and if it hangs in the "shade" and not in direct light from that window there shouldn't be any big problem but keep this in mind. Another thing when drying a whole plant like that is to keep a oven safe paper underneath the plant to catch kief falling off the plant.

royal critical auto

:yummy::thumb:

do i have to keep the trim in the fridge or in the freezer?

my biggest plant, northern light auto

Freezer is the best, makes the kief fall of from the leafs and popcorns if you cut those away as well. You should get a kief box or sift to process this with, you can use the waste from this to make oil as well. Kief is always very appreciated and usually the most potent stuff direct from a plant with very little effort in the process.

NL looks awesome! :yummy:

I was thinking about waiting for all plants to be harvested and then use the trim for dont know what
Don't know how hard it is for you to get stuff like Everclear, 95% Prof Alc, in your country to make potent oils and such. I made quite potent oil from leafs and some popcorns with Coconut Paste/oil, ask InTheShed about this he is a pro with this he uses this as a topical oil but I had it in my coffee... great taste.

little lunch update,
i start introducing the outdoor grow
my neighbours auto mazars, we ll split harvest.
i need to take care of them (too!) because my neighbour is a musician and musicians are lazy lol.
and then i want to feed her properly.
this one is in 2/3 gals pot and i gave him at about 15 days, shes 60 days old

this other one is in 4gals airpot and i gave him after about a month in my tent, its been topped, shes 50 days old

sorry guys, i will reply you as soon as i can, too many plants to water and so little time left!
need to go back to work

first part of the outdoor grow,
thats how i started

top left auto blackberry kush by dutch passion
top right auto daiquiri lime by dutch passion
middle mokum tulip by dutch passion
bottom left auto mazar (dutch passion)
bottom right peyote wifi by seedsman
the other gelato og also by seedsman

as you saw i gave the auto mazar to my neighbour, auto blackberry kush is in the outdoor grow im running with a friend (i'll talk soon about that), gifted the peyote wifi and gelato og to a friend, how foolish i was to start six plants!
i also started 4 other plants for the other outdoor grow...at some point i had 15 plants inside my house...first grow...definetelly overdid it.

here the two plants i kept, they got really big, they are both 50 days old today, auto daiquiri lime is flowering, mokum tulips is a photo and of course shes not flowering but im considering to let her finish outside since im not sure she would fit in my 2.3x2.3 tent and then growing inside with those temperature is crazy.

auto daiquiri lime

quadlined mokum tulip

found powdery mildew on all three plants..i did cut the whitish leafs..
im sure air circulation isnt great where they are but i also think they got that from Anita.
here mokum tulip

and here mokum tulip in the bunker together with Anita

OK, cool! The last harvest I did was 4 Northern Lights autos. 2 of them were my biggest plants so far by weight at 100 days old and they were a little over 40cm tall (not big by normal standards..). Guess you've had a peek over in my journal... :) Got almost 90g dry from the biggest one which is my personal best :cool: The goal is to crack the 100g barrier with an auto!

The game is on then, let's see what your NL has got! :goof:

couldnt find your journal with the norther lights..can you link it? thanks
and also couldnt find my tape measure, i'll let you know about height in the next days..i think shes around 60cm though.
my prediction was to get about 30/40 grams from sweet zz and amnesia, about 50/60 from royal critical, same or a bit more from royal gorilla and probably about 80 with the northern light...we'll see.
in the meanwhile sweet zz is drying with 65% humidity..looks much more dried than yesterday but still wet.

What made to this conclusion then? :)

I usually cut the buds from the plant when trimming off the leafs wet and then dry it on a oven plate in a box inside my veg tent usually just takes 3-4 days to get it crisp first time and then in a bigger jar/box in my fridge and burp this every other day for a week or two before packing it up tighter.

do you mean how did i end up with such a great idea?
dont know but i've realized it was stupid
about drying in the tent, i thought about it but how do you deal with lights on?
Freezer is the best, makes the kief fall of from the leafs and popcorns if you cut those away as well. You should get a kief box or sift to process this with, you can use the waste from this to make oil as well. Kief is always very appreciated and usually the most potent stuff direct from a plant with very little effort in the process.

NL looks awesome! :yummy:

didnt really understard that but i'll think about it when all the five plants are harvested...i think i can keep the trim in the freezer for a long time right?
about kief i have a funny story,
last here with my friend we grew a sapphire og outdoor, when we harvested i kept all the trim.
i started making tea with them (now i know thats like wasting them), then one day i needed to clean my house for good, wanted to get rid of the remaining trim and i did reverse the bag they were in to collect all the stuff and throw it away.
but then i noticed this powdery like stuff, there was a lot of it, i thought it was some grinded leafs and i thought...lets smoke it.
so i rolled this big spliff with a lot of what i didnt know it was kief.
smoked in the morning, couldnt stand from my couch for 6/7 hours...it was crazy, biggest stone i got in my whole life.
remember i tried to stand up after a few hours but felt back on the couch : D
so yeah, i know its really potent lol

Don't know how hard it is for you to get stuff like Everclear, 95% Prof Alc, in your country to make potent oils and such. I made quite potent oil from leafs and some popcorns with Coconut Paste/oil, ask InTheShed about this he is a pro with this he uses this as a topical oil but I had it in my coffee... great taste.

couldnt find normal everclear here, just everclear's moonshine, half a liter is 22 euro.
would that be good as well?
is 96% ethilic alcohol any good? its used for preparing liquors and sweets..

Back
Top Bottom