Mumps Volcanic Grows 2020

Yes mr mumps love it mate. I must Manchester is a crap hole lol. I’m near London in a very strange town called Basildon. How long have you been growing for cause you know your stuff, I only have a fraction off knowledge lol.

anyways we’re is my cup of tea and chocolate digestive biscuit. I’m gone chill.

peace and love from Britain

sorry i confused you with another british guy from shithole manchester lol
i lived in plymouth for a couple of years back in 2007, nice place, love england.
this is my first grow mate and im also surprised with the results, today i jarred the first harvested plant (sweet zz) after 8 days drying and final weight was 90 grams..crazy...thought it could be 30/40 max..amnesia haze looked like it yelded the double..well see in a few days.
and the stuff is great!
90 days from seed!
i've already smoked something, couldnt believe it and smell in jars is very good.
its very energetic high, tonight couldnt sleep very well woke up at 5 went biking, biked like a mf

No new madness happening here?

yeah actually a lot of madness is going on here!
lets just talk about weed..
my 5 plants left are doing ok, northern light and critical auto are in tent and flowering beautifully, critical is close to harvest (its beautiful how they turn at the end of their life, i just started to understand) and norther has maybe another ten days..
other three are outside,

her thickness anita

shes doing better outside but some light mold on leafs is still there, tomorrow i will defoliate her
other two plants also have light mold on leafs but its getting better, today i just found a couple of leafs with white marks.
mold is everywehre this season found on olive trees too!
hope northern wind will come soon
i also went visiting the other outdoor grow im running with a friend and...it was full of mold..unreal, cutted a lot of stuff, tomorrow i think i will give them sulfur...here that what they use with powdery mildew on vines and olives...what do you think?
anyway its a disaster, tomorrow will take some pics...

first to my oudoor grow

mokums tulip, shes fifty something days old and tomorrow i will defoliate and up pot her from 4 gals to 8.
looks very healty apart from this damn mold.

heres daiquiri lime auto, also looks healty but also has some moldy leafs sometimes...will defoliate tomorrow aswell.
guess i will also take the smallest branches and just leave the biggest...stretching should be ended.
what do you think?
shes stunning!

thanks for support everyone!

(its beautiful how they turn at the end of their life, i just started to understand

:woohoo:

This is when things get dangerous! Never think you got them figured out, nature is a bitch and she likes to throw new things and problems in your face...! I been there myself a few times worst thing one can do is to upgrade stuff, switch nutes and introduce a strain you never grown before... preferably all three at once. Haha :)

some light mold on leafs is still there

What worries me is the possibility that mold has infested itself inside the buds, mold often starts at tight, damp and places were sunlight wont get to dry up. Had the exact issues last summer with the Cheese, thought it only was on the leafs and when I started to dig through the buds some I found it in a few buds.

Have you checked inside buds on her? :reading420magazine:

what do you think?
anyway its a disaster, tomorrow will take some pics...

You are doing great Mumps, your plants look so awesome for a noobie growers first run! There is NO disaster with plants getting mold outside, even our guru Shed have some mold from time to time and he moves his plants inside and out everyday...

Your pics updates are a very welcome, love them! :yummy:

:nomo:

:woohoo:

This is when things get dangerous! Never think you got them figured out, nature is a bitch and she likes to throw new things and problems in your face...! I been there myself a few times worst thing one can do is to upgrade stuff, switch nutes and introduce a strain you never grown before... preferably all three at once. Haha :)

i thought i saw a pattern : D
last year me and my friend grew a sapphire og in his property with normal soil and just water and we harvested 13oz of good stuff, this year he was surprised to see mold in his plants..they looked healty without a further inspection, yeah nature is a bitch.
im worried for blackberry kush cause shes already one month into flowering and cannot give her sulfur.
what does @InTheShed thinks about treating powdery mold with sulfur (and zeolite) mixed in water?
sulfur and copper are two widely used products in agricolture, they arent good for environment but farmers dont have anything better to use and they end up treating everything with sulfur and copper...even in organic growings.
but sulfur and copper arent organic at all imo, they let them use it cause otherwise they couldnt grow nothing.

What worries me is the possibility that mold has infested itself inside the buds, mold often starts at tight, damp and places were sunlight wont get to dry up. Had the exact issues last summer with the Cheese, thought it only was on the leafs and when I started to dig through the buds some I found it in a few buds.

Have you checked inside buds on her? :reading420magazine:

yes, will dedicate those two weekend days to gardening, first defoliation and accurate inspection of the three outside plants.
anyway tonight northern wind arrived!
hope it will last a few days and dry everything up.

You are doing great Mumps, your plants look so awesome for a noobie growers first run! There is NO disaster with plants getting mold outside, even our guru Shed have some mold from time to time and he moves his plants inside and out everyday...

Your pics updates are a very welcome, love them! :yummy:

thanks crazys, think i owe big part of this to mars hydros light and to the fact that i basically spent the last three months of my life on those five autos, quarantine was spent giving them 24 hours of light and learning stuff on 420magazine.
i believe zeolite also had a role in it.
and good genetics of course.
this is not something i can do and im willing to do in the future, anyway i think i can grow 1/2 plants without too much stress.

heres the cutting of the peyote wifi i gifted a friend
its been 13 days, looks alive but dont know how to proceed, seems too weak for direct sunlight but its slowly yellowing and apparently isnt growing.

what does @InTheShed thinks about treating powdery mold with sulfur (and zeolite) mixed in water?
Not sure about zeolite (I think that's what they put down on fake grass to absorb the smell of dog pee), but I know that sulfur burning is a thing for PM in a tent. I don't want to go down that road so I have been experimenting with citric acid. One spray killed the PM and kept it away for two weeks, but it might have been a bit strong at 2%, so now that the PM has come back I'm trying 1% to see how that goes.
heres the cutting of the peyote wifi i gifted a friend
its been 13 days, looks alive but dont know how to proceed, seems too weak for direct sunlight but its slowly yellowing and apparently isnt growing.
I've never heard of anyone cloning cannabis outside. I keep cuttings under low light 24/0, and don't know how you can grow roots on a plant when it actually thinks it should be flowering as the days get shorter. It looks really wet as well. But who knows, it just may root yet!

Not sure about zeolite (I think that's what they put down on fake grass to absorb the smell of dog pee), but I know that sulfur burning is a thing for PM in a tent. I don't want to go down that road so I have been experimenting with citric acid. One spray killed the PM and kept it away for two weeks, but it might have been a bit strong at 2%, so now that the PM has come back I'm trying 1% to see how that goes.

yes thats another use of zeolite, also in washmashine soap to reduce foam and many more.
zeolite its widely used in organic agricolture, at least here.
will try with citric acid thanks
I've never heard of anyone cloning cannabis outside. I keep cuttings under low light 24/0, and don't know how you can grow roots on a plant when it actually thinks it should be flowering as the days get shorter. It looks really wet as well. But who knows, it just may root yet!

i basically didnt know what i was doing, broke the stem put some honey on it and put in the pot...thought it would grow just one small bud lol.

i went on and defoliate the three plants outside included anita, inspected them very carefully and didnt find any mold.
its the second day of northern wind and everythings dried, humiditidy is 35% during day, will last till wednesday.
amnesia dried in just 5 days..too fast i guess.
shouldnt have leaved the fan on 24/24.
buds are fluffier than sweet zzs.
jarred yesterday in mason jars with boveda 62% 67g and already smells better (yesterday smelled like 100% hay).
dried weight was 120gr..dont know if i did something wrong but weed looked dried enough for jar, maybe even too dried, she had 4 big buds about 15gr each..didnt expect that at all.
filled 6 one quarter mason jars.
maybe its harvest time for royal critical auto too, what do you think?

heres a small bud from sweet zz (harvested 10 days ago, already smells and taste very good imo)

amnesia dried in just 5 days..too fast i guess.

That will probably re hydrate again when you keep it in jars, I dry in open air for about 3-4 days depending on how big harvest there is. Then put it in a larger container in the fridge and start burping it for a week or two then smaller jars.

maybe its harvest time for royal critical auto too, what do you think?

Looks like it could be chopped now, have you looked at any trics?

Didnt know i could put the jars in fridge, thanks.
Do you use a dedicated fridge?
I am following what shed said, two burps a day for the first week and one for the second.
For checking the trics i take pics and then look at them on my monitor.
To post them i resize a bit cause 5mega pics would make the page too heavy.
I think i saw some yellow trics on the critical anyway i will try to take better pics tomorrow..think will harvest this weekend as bebecillo suggested.
Yesterday i did put the tent and all the growing stuff away and will keep going outside.
Closest road is 100m away, think im safe and hopefully i will harvest the last auto (Anita) in a couple of weeks at about 110 days.

I put the bud in jars with a disposable paper napkin. When I burp the jars I replace the napkin (you can tell by touch if it sucked moisture) and when I'm sure the napkin is not getting substantially humid I start burping normally.
I can't find in my country, but everyone swears by the boveda packs to keep humidity at a perfect level

Thanks,
I got 10 One quarter Mason jars and 10 boveda 67g..already used them all.
Mason jars were 5 euro each and boveda 6 euro, too expensive to keep going.
Next harvest i'll go with bigger normal glass jars and napkins.

first day all 5 plants left together outside.
mokum tulip and daiquiri lime auto, both 60 days old from seed, will up pot mokum tulip tomorrow.

one road to asa bay

northern light auto

anita
critical

group pic under olive trees

northern light auto

all autos are 96 days from seed (planted first of april)
im running out of megacrop so im feeding only water to critical and 6g/gal to northern light and anita.
mokum tulip is 4.5g/gal and daiquiri lime is 5g/gal.
need to order more megacrop asap.
royal critical, i think i see some amber!

anita, she got much better : )

olives, theres many this year, last year we had close to none.

Back
Top Bottom