Mumps Volcanic Grows 2020

mumps

hello everyone
i started reading about growing cannabis last march during covid lockdown , ordered some seeds from royal queen seeds and started my adventure
didnt know anything before and all i know i've learned here so first i would like to thank all the people that helped me during the last three months
@InTheShed @CraZysWeeD @stoneotter @Emilya @Amy Gardner @carcass @FelipeBlu @Preston9mm @Ganjagrandaddy and many more im sure im forgetting...
i am running two growings, one indoor and one outdoor, i will start introducing the indoor grow and i'll talk about the outdoor in the next days

strains are:
royal gorilla auto
royal critical auto
amnesia haze auto
sweet zz auto
northern light auto

seeds planted in jiffy pellets on the first of april and sprouted on the fifth so plants are 82 days old today
i've used 3 gals smart pots.
both tents and lights are from marshydro
tent used for veg is 2.5X2.5, tent used for flowering is 5x5
veg light is ts1000 and for flowering 2x sp250
im growing in soil, biobizz all mix, started with biobizz nutes and then switched halfway to megacrop after some issues
i added 10% zeolite to soil, a vulcanic mineral i find around my area, i live in a strong vulcanic area and i like to add minerals to soil, zeolite does great, next grow i will also add some silica since i've read good stuff here and since i know is widely used in agricolture.
did lst the way shed teached on all the five plants, topped just the royal critical

so...lets deliver the goods
here plants a couple of months ago, the sixth is an unknown sex one that a couple months later showed the balls.

royal critical from a couple of days ago

royal gorilla, in my opionion my most beautiful and proportionated one, i call her Anita

underwatered northern light,

sweet zz (will harvest this tomorrow as suggested by stoneotter)
first pic is from a few days ago, bud picture is from today
the weird yellow flower was rotting!

amnesia haze auto, guess shes also close to harvest
pics are from a few days ago

its all for now, will post many more pics in the next days, journey ends end of october, even if im a supernoob hope you can find something interisting in my journal.
tried to keep things simple since english is not my main language infact i wasnt sure about opening a grow journal but crazysweed was so kind i felt it was the right thing to do.
happy growing everyone!

bonus pic:
outdoor blackberry kush auto from dutch passion

Beautiful plants super noob! Great job! :thumb::bravo::goodjob:
I can only hope that my upcoming outdoor grow will look as nice.

Im pretty positive your plants can be ways better than mine : D
Btw thanks a lot for the watering guide, it's a game changer, with this grow i made a few watering mistakes but with the next i did good and new plants look amazing!

Wounder where you got that name from... LoL Beautiful plant, just like my "Anita"... ;)

That one also look very beautiful and fat colas, how long does the breeder say she will go for?

It's Just a coincidence lol
Breeder says 10 to 12 weeks from seed, im at 87 days from seed, tomorrow will post more pics maybe shes ready too!

BTW, I don’t know if you know this, but since zeolite can absorb and retain about 60% of its weight of water, it will likewise increase water-holding capability of a soil.

I know zeolite Is called the boiling rock because It releases water when heated at high temperaturs.
And i know It has really high ion exchange capacity so It can bond elements and exchange them with what Is inside its structure and thats why they are also called the intelligent sponge, intelligent because they can also work with some selectivity.
I know white clay like caolinite (one layer
clay with simplier structure) absorb the most water
Two layer clays absorb less but exchange a bit more and three layers clays absorb the less and exchange the most.
Clays have good exchange capacity but zeolite (a tectosilicate, instead clays are phillosilicates) exchange much more than that, i.e. montmorillonite (two layers clay) has a cation exchange capacity of 0.8 meq/g, smectite (a three layers clay) has 1.5, phillipsite (a natural zeolite) has about 3.5
Usually for a rock the higher the CSC the lower the absorption capacity and viceversa.
May i ask you of you have something to link me about the water holding capacity?
Thanks

Interesting about the selectivity. Do you know if it selectively holds on to some ions, like coco, that the plant needs?

Here is one source re water-holding capacity:

I know zeolite Is called the boiling rock because It releases water when heated at high temperaturs.
And i know It has really high ion exchange capacity so It can bond elements and exchange them with what Is inside its structure and thats why they are also called the intelligent sponge, intelligent because they can also work with some selectivity.
I know white clay like caolinite (one layer
clay with simplier structure) absorb the most water
Two layer clays absorb less but exchange a bit more and three layers clays absorb the less and exchange the most.
Clays have good exchange capacity but zeolite (a tectosilicate, instead clays are phillosilicates) exchange much more than that, i.e. montmorillonite (two layers clay) has a cation exchange capacity of 0.8 meq/g, smectite (a three layers clay) has 1.5, phillipsite (a natural zeolite) has about 3.5
Usually for a rock the higher the CSC the lower the absorption capacity and viceversa.
May i ask you of you have something to link me about the water holding capacity?
Thanks

Look at the brains on Mumps! :hippy:

- Think you just graduated as Professor Mumps! :cool:

Interesting about the selectivity. Do you know if it selectively holds on to some ions, like coco, that the plant needs?

Here is one source re water-holding capacity:

yes, it bonds ion and release when find something with the same electric charge to keep the charge of the structure the same.
my zeolite release ca, m, na, and k (those are the usual vulcanic elements, its beautiful to think that also human cells work with ca, m, na and k...they search for origin of life in outer space but in my opinion the answer is here) in the medium bonding ions with same charge that get in contact with it.
thats why it also has a slow release activity and its also the main reason its used in agricolture.
i.e. they add zeolite to copper for olives trees treatments because you can use much less copper and have the same effect on the plant without poisoning the soil with so much copper.
its used more and more very year because people start to understand how important is to grow organic.
about the selectivity it is a phisical mechanism, it just depends on how big the "holes" in the caged zeolite structure are.
i.e. for removing toxic waste from plants, or for removing radioactive elements from waste water from nuclear power plants they use syntetic zeolite since those are really big moleculs and they wouldnt fit in natural zeolites holes
natural zeolite instead is perfectly fine for working in organic beings.
in the states you maily have clinoptilolite which is good (CEC of 2/2.5), here in europe we got philipsite analcime chabasite that have higer CEC (3.5 and more)
i have a few querry about 20km from my house.

example of zeolite caged structure

zeolitea.gif

the spheres on the structure are made of si, O, Al and hydrogen, structure has a slightly positive charge that balance with the negative ion in the middle of the structure bonded with low force bonds.
thanks for the link i'll read tonight cause i have to go back to work and still have to post some amnesia pics : D

heres some todays pics from amnesia haze
maybe shes ready too, not sure but i think i saw some yellow on the thicomes..just one maybe..
what do you think?
i've seen a journal of a guy growing this exact same strain but cant remember his name and cannot find the journal anymore..
cheers!

Back
Top Bottom