Mumps Volcanic Grows 2020

this morning i've harvested royal critical,
beautiful plant, she was supergreen and very healty.
two of the biggest buds
biobizz light mix soil arrived today by mail and tomorrow i will up pot my only photo, i've read weed keep growing roots in the first weeks of flowering too, so she should full the 8 gals pot easy.

Wow! You're on a roll with the harvests coming in thick and fast!

They all look like there's a good trichome density, and your auto yields are good too. Looking forward to the harvest report on the Northern Lights...

A few things that really ought to go on my shopping list:
- Italian sunshine
- Italian zeolite
- Italian automobile, V12 equipped
:cheesygrinsmiley:

hey guys!
sorry for not keep in touch but had a couple of really busy weeks..hope everything is good!
in the last few days i've harvested anita and northern light and now only one plant is left in my garden (auto daiquiri lime at 75 days).
northern light was the most beautiful, buds were swelling more than royal critical.
last days a couple of stem broke under the weight of the buds, she was 70cm high and the trimmed weight was close to one kg.
critical was 750g and weighted 120g dry.
anita was 800 and shes drying at the moment, buds dont look that good though.
i expect it to be more than 150g which is amazing.
harvested at 110+ days and she had the last 25 days of natural light, as northerncosmos was saying here weather is very hot and im sure the 12 hours of direct mediterranean sunbathing had a big role in this.
found some bud rot though, had to waste a couple of the biggest buds tops.
i've also found out what that moldy like stuff i kept finding on the stems was.
its a small white fluffy jumping insect, never seen before, i've checked on google and it seems like its a olive tree parasite, cotonello in italian, euphyllura olivina in latin.
my first 5 plants auto run is complete, expected to harvest around 300g and ended up with around 600 instead..great!
it was really stressful but was worthy.
many pics will follow, i've a lot to show, there is the other outdoor grow which is doing great, its 4 plants, moby dick by dinafem, mokum tulip by dutch passion, glueberry by expert seeds and my up potted mokum tulip which we moved with the other photos.
they are beasts! moby dick was the smallest and now is growing like crazy, they are stretching and getting huge.
unfortunately all the three unknown sex seeds i planted turned out males.
last one i chopped was in 20gals pot and 2m+ tall.
we also harvest auto blackberry kush, really weird plant, yelded probably 20/30g.
than i've started another 4 autos with my neighbour (the guy with the two auto mazar), they are 5 days old and end up end of october i guess....probably august sun is too strong for such small plants, for now i keep em under an olive tree, just some direct sunlight filters in and they are basically in shade for the whole day...what do you think, should i try putting them under direct sunlight for some hours a day or should i wait for them to be bigger?
have a good sunday everyone!

A few things that really ought to go on my shopping list:
- Italian sunshine
- Italian zeolite
- Italian automobile, V12 equipped

are you from sweden too?
i just went out for groceries and there is plenty of nothern guys tourists around, i see cars from sweden, gb, holland, many germans and so on...have you guys ever been to italia?
just the americans and asians are missing due to covid..im sure people is struggling without them in florence and rome.
dont see any difference here though, the usual northern horde came lol.
i plan on biking to north europe soon, its something i want to do from a few years, time has come, maybe in september if i can leave work for at least 20 days.
sorry, dont know anything about engines, never heard of busso until you mentioned him : D
i see its a V6 and i see V12 its ferrari..i would love a testarossa too lol.
my favourites though are 250gto and the later 288gto, those are the best looking car ever made in my opinion.
with the next grow i added some more zeolite reaching 15%, we ll see..
i could ship it if you want but probably shipping will be expensive..

Love the yield on that auto, that really shows what natural sunshine can do to a plant. This is what its all about for us as indoor growers to replicate...

Hope everything is great down there Mumps! :hippy:

move to italia then, im sure that cloudy wheater isnt great for humans : D
when i was in the uk i wanted to spend the summer there but after the usual july rainy day i had to book a fly and come back just for a few days to see the sun once more : D
What's up Mumps? Totally smoked out now or what? :lot-o-toke:

yeah, i must admit im smoking a bit too much but this stuff is great lol.
not smoking during the day though, smoking and being under the 35 degrees sun isnt the greatest idea.
funny thing is there is no stuff around at all, people is getting crazy lol : D
my friend im growing with is more mediterranean than me and he loves to socialize and smoked our stuff with a few people...he said they were salivating when they saw it lol.
some pavlov's dog shit going on : D
Do I sense a little lull in the forum (and other...) activity in the summer months? It certainly applies to myself...

With the temps in Rome well above 30, and about to hit 35 on Wednesday, I hope mumps and his plants aren't having a heatstroke!

im in the countryside close to toscany here is more windy than rome and wheater is better, its a weird summer though, not super hot as usual, at night if i sleep naked with windows open at some point is getting chill.
infact plants are having some issues, vines are getting a lot of powdery mildew

sorry for not keep in touch but had a couple of really busy weeks..hope everything is good!

Life always catches up... :)

i've also found out what that moldy like stuff i kept finding on the stems was.
its a small white fluffy jumping insect, never seen before, i've checked on google and it seems like its a olive tree parasite,

Sounds like what we call spinners here, nasty things and can be a pain to get rid off. Had them in my apartment a few years ago and the only thing that seemed to bite on them was the Eucalyptus extract but can't remember it's name now...

i see cars from sweden, gb, holland, many germans and so on...have you guys ever been to italia?

It's common for Swedes to car down to Italy and Greece, I never been there myself but it would sure be fun!

i plan on biking to north europe soon, its something i want to do from a few years, time has come, maybe in september if i can leave work for at least 20 days.

Are you going to bike to Sweden? :laughtwo:

move to italia then, im sure that cloudy wheater isnt great for humans : D

I bet it is and that would be awesome to at least come and visit sometime. :)

Harvest sounds awesome Mumps! Hope you continue your journey with growing indoors this fall. :)

are you from sweden too?
i just went out for groceries and there is plenty of nothern guys tourists around, i see cars from sweden, gb, holland, many germans and so on...have you guys ever been to italia?
I'm Norwegian, dwelling in both Sweden and Norway.

Never been to Italia, but I dream of that - one day I will go there! I'm a big fan of the food, wine and of course, as you may have guessed, the cars. And so I approve of your choice of 288GTO as the best looking car - bella macchina! :cool:

infact plants are having some issues, vines are getting a lot of powdery mildew
Ouch! How are you combating it? I read about people spraying with H2O2 to kill it off. As it happens, I also saw this product mentioned in another thread to prevent all sorts of fungus. Maybe you already have a method? I hope you can get it under control.

Due to the spells of heat and humidity, combined with a bushy and compact plant, I got bud rot on a Blackberry Gum the other day. It got the chop it a little early and I threw away some colas. No big loss, but it's always a downer to see things like that on your beloved flowers...

Are you going to bike to Sweden?

yeah thats the idea : D
dream would be reach bergen and fiords

Harvest sounds awesome Mumps! Hope you continue your journey with growing indoors this fall. :)

thanks im superhappy with it.
im still keeping the jars in fridge, is that ok?
now im much more relaxed, i just have to take care of one plant, sometimes watering my neighbours plants and sometimes going to the big outdoor grow to check everything is ok.
if everything goes as planned i will have enough weed for two years at least lol
anyway i still have many plants to show, 2 automazar + 4 new seedling in my neighbour yard, my auto daiquiri lime and the 4 big photos..at least another 3 months growing, i promise you will not get bored follow my journal : D
about the insect i've checked on google and its not spinners, they leave stuff like this behind
cotonello-777x583.jpg

I'm Norwegian, dwelling in both Sweden and Norway.

Never been to Italia, but I dream of that - one day I will go there! I'm a big fan of the food, wine and of course, as you may have guessed, the cars. And so I approve of your choice of 288GTO as the best looking car - bella macchina! :cool:

wow cool, as i said before would love to come and getting an overdose of nature : D
i've read bella macchina in some vettel kind of voice : D
forza ferari!
those small ferrari are wonderful, 308 and 208 too, magnum p.i. vibes : D
Ouch! How are you combating it? I read about people spraying with H2O2 to kill it off. As it happens, I also saw this product mentioned in another thread to prevent all sorts of fungus. Maybe you already have a method? I hope you can get it under control.

Due to the spells of heat and humidity, combined with a bushy and compact plant, I got bud rot on a Blackberry Gum the other day. It got the chop it a little early and I threw away some colas. No big loss, but it's always a downer to see things like that on your beloved flowers...

i dont grow vines, making wine is national sport and its something i would like but it takes too much time
i just have some olive trees, about 100in total, 30 old and 70 young 20years old
and weed of course : D
olives are much easier, you cut the unwanted new grow a couple of times a year and give a couple of treatments in summer if rain comes.
if you commercial grow of course the treatments are many more but since im using the oil just for myself i try to have a better quality but of course i harvest about the half of a guy using products like rogor against insects.
here for mold they use sulfur and copper, they are allowed in organic growing (otherwise basically organic growing wouldnt exists).
someone (more every year) add zeolite.
sorry about the loss, i was lucky it was just started when i harvested.
have a good week everyone!

yeah thats the idea : D
dream would be reach bergen and fiords

Sounds like a real tough trip but I'm guessing you have some hardcore dedication! :) You are welcome if you dare to come to what the rest of the world seem to think is the Corona epicenter.... (it's really not)

im still keeping the jars in fridge, is that ok?

Sounds perfect, just remember to burp the jars sometimes to get that perfect cure storage level you want. Guess everyone has their own preference but I think this self developed way of drying, curing and storing weed is an easy and reliable way to get it holding over some time. Had some buds from grows that's over two years old and the weed is still potent and very nice tasting.

at least another 3 months growing, i promise you will not get bored follow my journal : D

Sounds great! Will keep bugging you then. :)

i dont grow vines, making wine is national sport and its something i would like but it takes too much time
i just have some olive trees, about 100in total, 30 old and 70 young 20years old
and weed of course : D

about the insect i've checked on google and its not spinners

Some 100 Olive trees?! Well that sounds like a lot in my Swedish ears but I understand its no cashback for living around the year on but you must have a lot of ground then? This is probably also the problem for you when growing in the garden I'm guessing your plants inherited all pests from your olive trees so this might be a problem you need to deal with on the olive trees mainly to get rid off. No idea what you could try... Pyrsol is very effective based on Pyretrum extracted from Forsythia bush but I know from personal experience Cannabis plants don't like this though. Don't know if Shed's all go to universal pesticide Dr. Bronner works against these bugs.... That Rogor sounds like a real non organic pesticide to me. Wait until the press here finds out and the Zeta oils will plummet in sales.... :laughtwo:

Sounds like a real tough trip but I'm guessing you have some hardcore dedication! :) You are welcome if you dare to come to what the rest of the world seem to think is the Corona epicenter.... (it's really not)

the news arent talking about sweden anymore here, we got to deal with the political covid afterword...real mafia shit going on as usual.
back in the days was just in south of italy, now is especially in the north cause thats were the money is

Sounds perfect, just remember to burp the jars sometimes to get that perfect cure storage level you want. Guess everyone has their own preference but I think this self developed way of drying, curing and storing weed is an easy and reliable way to get it holding over some time. Had some buds from grows that's over two years old and the weed is still potent and very nice tasting.

will keep storing in fridge then thanks : )
dont know exactly about humidity since i havent got a small hygrometer, got 67g boveda packs though.
weed seems ok, not too dry and not too wet.
Some 100 Olive trees?! Well that sounds like a lot in my Swedish ears but I understand its no cashback for living around the year on but you must have a lot of ground then? This is probably also the problem for you when growing in the garden I'm guessing your plants inherited all pests from your olive trees so this might be a problem you need to deal with on the olive trees mainly to get rid off. No idea what you could try... Pyrsol is very effective based on Pyretrum extracted from Forsythia bush but I know from personal experience Cannabis plants don't like this though. Don't know if Shed's all go to universal pesticide Dr. Bronner works against these bugs.... That Rogor sounds like a real non organic pesticide to me. Wait until the press here finds out and the Zeta oils will plummet in sales.... :laughtwo:

i've got a bit more than half an hectar with olive trees, is not much here but is enough for a big family, im alone so i sell what i dont consume, usually i keep 50kg and sell 150kg 12 euro per liter.
same price than one gram of weed : D
im sure you are right about the pest going from the olives to the weed, rogor is a systemic products that kills everything, everybody here use it since they say is harmless but i dont believe it..prefer to have some flies in my olives..but i also harvest in late semptember for better quality oil..if you grow commercial you harvest late october and thats when the biggest problems arises

some pics,
blackerry auto day of the harvest, really weird plant.
i've planted another one the other day (on of the new 4 autos) and already died, shot one leaf a couple of what looked like pistils and felt off.
this one basically didnt shot any pistins, just thricomes.

the last male plant, the pot is 50liters

my up potted mokum tulip, pic is from a few days ago, now she is with her big sisters in my other outdoor grow.

the big sisters (pic is fom 4th of july, now they are huge)

quadlined moby dick by dinafem

left mokum tulip by dutch passion left growing normally, right quadlined glueberry by expert seeds

all of three are in 100liters holes filled with biobizz light mix and zeolite.
feeding with megacrop, 40 liters with 50 grams of megacrop per plant every day at the moment..

new plants,
sweet zz auto
royal gorilla auto
auto daiquiri lime
in 2 gals pots with soil biobizz light mix plus zeolite of course, i want to up pot to 4 gals in 2/3 weeks.
i know i should transplant autos but with those airpots is very easy i will not damage a single root.

here with their bigger sister, auto daiquiri lime at around 80 days in 4 gals pot, she strongly smells like...lime!
cant wait to taste her

shes taller than northern light, here a pic from one week ago, pic is crap but maybe you can spot the bud rot on northern light.

summer arrived, was 38 degrees today and now is 29 and the sun is going down, took the pic 15 min ago.

sell 150kg 12 euro per liter.
same price than one gram of weed : D

Think if it WAS weed?! :lot-o-toke:

auto daiquiri lime

Beauty, some serious LST you got going there. Actually been thinking of modeling up some LST support for easy training, printable ofc... :) CraZy LST:laughtwo:

summer arrived, was 38 degrees today

That is some crazy temps Mumps, too hot for craZy...

Lovely pics as usual - what a beautiful garden you've got! Just the thing we romanticize about when it gets cold and dark up here... :laughtwo:

blackerry auto day of the harvest, really weird plant.
i've planted another one the other day (on of the new 4 autos) and already died, shot one leaf a couple of what looked like pistils and felt off.
this one basically didnt shot any pistins, just thricomes.
I just harvested a Blackberry Gum auto. It was normal looking, with pistils and no deep purple bud colour like yours. I'm getting used to pretty wide variations in pehnotypes by now - I suppose that could be the seedbank I'm mostly using. Anyway, the Blackberry Gum smells fantastic - really looking forward to some tasting.

Think if it WAS weed?! :lot-o-toke:

y lol with half an hectar of weed i could even create my own cosca : D
Beauty, some serious LST you got going there. Actually been thinking of modeling up some LST support for easy training, printable ofc... :) CraZy LST:laughtwo:

y that would be cool and probably the first thing i would do if i had a 3d printer : D
i imagine CraZy LST ™ plants shaped like a jester hat : D
anyway those airpots are filled with holes and great for training...just a bit small in diameter so i had to add the two sticks to keep LSTing
That is some crazy temps Mumps, too hot for craZy...

yeah for me too, im working with a ffp3 mask on and with those temperatures it kills you, anyway weather news said next week some rain will come
Lovely pics as usual - what a beautiful garden you've got! Just the thing we romanticize about when it gets cold and dark up here... :laughtwo:

and i romanticize about cold and dark when it get so hot here : D

I just harvested a Blackberry Gum auto. It was normal looking, with pistils and no deep purple bud colour like yours. I'm getting used to pretty wide variations in pehnotypes by now - I suppose that could be the seedbank I'm mostly using. Anyway, the Blackberry Gum smells fantastic - really looking forward to some tasting.
the new three plants are strains i've already grown in my first run, im also curious to check the differences.
i've left them under direct sunlight and they are doing good...i thought that could be too powerful for such small plants.
did you try making hash yet?
do you have a guide to follow?
i have the five autos trim plus many little buds that werent as ready as the tops and a bit fluffy and i would like to try.

did you try making hash yet?
do you have a guide to follow?
Not yet. Hopefully closer to Christmas. Since I want to try the bubble hash method, I need a kit with filters and suitable buckets and maybe one of those mini washing machines - one more expense

I read and watched some guides, including Frenchy Cannoli's, so I feel confident enough.

some pics from the two weeks i didnt post.
Wait, we're still talking autos, right? Royal Gorilla at 823g and Northern Lights at 975g wet and trimmed?

Will check this cannoli guy thanks.
How much do you think i should spend for the whole kit?
Definetelly less than a rosin press i guess..

Yeah crazy right?!
I found out dry weight Is about 1/5 of wet weight, northern light was 180g, filled seven 1/4jars
I've also took the greenest buds apart for trim bag
Royal gorilla filled about 5.5
The whole five autos run harvested about 650g...expected 2/300...
I did put all the effort i could on those plants and will never have that much time ever again..if we'll not have another lockdown of course.
Wheater in april/may was great and they stayed under direct sunlight for the whole day and under 2x mars hydro sp250, 550watt during the night, 24 hours light a day.
From June they had only the lamps light 20 hours and from july only natural sunlight 15 hours.
Cant get any better probably..

Cant get any better probably..
I dare say - that's dream level yields! :goodjob:

I think BUBBLEBAGDUDE makes good quality filters. I've read about cheap ones that come apart in normal use. A set of good quality bags should be less than EUR 50 and a mini washing machine around EUR 100 perhaps. I haven't done any real research for buying the gear yet, but it looks like EUR 150 if you want a machine to do the work (the nice vortex created in those washing machines is pretty optimal too, ref F. Cannoli's explanations).

Back
Top Bottom