Munen's First Grow - Soil Mix - KCSweet Dreams Grow Journal - 2010

munen

Aloha everyone!

I thought I might start a journal since I found so much useful info from other journals here in this forum!

First off I am pretty much a noob when it comes to growing. I got some plants to grow outside a couple of years ago, pulled a harvest but it was not really anything to be proud of... this time I am trying to do it better.

My seeds came from KC Brains, it says Sweet Dreams the original. Those are the two bigger plants which I started on July 1. I also have another plant from Nirvana seeds Bubblelicious. I started that plant on the 15 of July.

I am not sure about the sweet dreams, weather it is Indica or Sativa. The bubblelicious is mostly Indica. the bubblicious is feminized and auto flowering.

All three plants are in veg stage. I plan on letting the sweet dream veg for another couple of weeks and the bubblicious for a month plus...Thou its auto flowering so I assume it wont matter when I change the lights on it...

I am growing indoors, have a tent.

with the sweet dreams I am using a mix of potting soil, peat moss, and perlite. the bubblicious I am using coco cor, peat moss, perlite and vermiculite

I am using big pots for the sweet dreams I guess 3 gallon or so. for the bubblicious I am in a 1 gallon pot at the moment...

I have a bunch of lights in my tent. I like to play with electronics so I have built some LED grow lights, and I have a 250w MH too. I have various LEDs some in the 630 nm and some in the 660 nm range... a bit of the royal blue 450 nm in every LED... It was fun figuring out how to build the LEDs... thought I dont know if they will work as well as regular HID lights. guess thats why I decided to use the MH too...

my tent is air cooled. my house has central air, I try to keep the temp @ 78. humidity is fairly high since I live in hawaii... the aircon keeps it down thou.

The pH of my soil is between 6 - 7 towards the 7 end... last time I checked.

I started to see whiteflies ( like 1 or 2 ) this week, so I just bought some neem oil and I am treating the plants now...

I water every other day. every third water I use a guano tea made of earthworm castings and high nitrogen bat guano... I have some seabird guano (high phosphorous) on order and will be mixing that into the tea when I get it... I use about 1 cup of earth worm casting and 2 tablespoons of bat guano in a five gallon bucket. fill it mostly up then let it sit for 24 hours. then I skim off the top to water... seems to be working so far...

Re: munen's first grow --> soil mix, KCsweet dreams Grow Journal - 2010

Everything is going along fine. got another sprout in a pot. the 2 sweet dreams are alive...

1 shot up and is not around 3ft. the other is bushy and the lower leaves are yellowing... slightly worried about that... probably overfeeding...

bubblicious is growing great! now there are 2 bubblie ladies! :)

Re: munen's first grow --> soil mix, KCsweet dreams Grow Journal - 2010

So I have a question to anyone that might be reading this journal...

I have some leaves that are yellowing and kinda funny looking... is there something wrong with this picture?

IMG_01347.JPG

also there is a crinkling? funny look on some of the leaves...

IMG_01367.JPG

is that all normal? am I over reacting? to nothing?

Re: munen's first grow > soil mix, KCsweet dreams Grow Journal - 2010

So I have moved my two sweet dream plants out side to start flowering...

The leaves that were yellowing have either fallen off or seems like gotten better. :)

here are the plants in there their new spot:

IMG_01399.JPG

IMG_01389.JPG

I have also started cloning my known female Bubblelicious plants:

here are some bad picts.. I have have an old iphone and the camera is crap, I hope to upgrade soon and get the new one which im told has a better camera...

this is the LST Bubblelicious:

IMG_01416.JPG

these are the clones I took from it, 3 in total: (sorry about the bad camera shot)

IMG_01408.JPG

and this is my baby bubblelicious, I just topped her yesterday:

IMG_01428.JPG

So here is an update on my first grow.

My two sweetdreams are outside and flowering for about two weeks now... my bubblelicious has been damaged by an accident in my veg tent... luckily the 3 clones all have been moved to pots and are growing great! I took some clones off the sweet dreams but the accident killed all but 2 of the clones... the accident also killed my laughing buddha clone... This is the second time the buddha strain has died... first by natural causes... second by accident...

On to the accident... This is my first grow as the journal is named and its my first time with indoor growing... now that is not really an excuse for what I did to cause the accident... I am running several LED lights in the tent and I am running a 250w MH bulb... the 250 is in a ballast and reflector compact setup.. so its really heavy... so to hang this light I bought some of those cheap ass carbines from the hardware store with some small chain... should have been enough for the light except for the way I hung it... (see pict) the lock part of the carbine opened too small for the hook part to go around the tent polls and I dum dum engineered a solution... I used garbage zips to hold carbine to tent poll... bad bad dum dum dum mistake... while the 'solution' worked for about 3 months last saturday the garbage ties gave out and the whole light and ballast came crashing down onto my clone box, and the mama bubblelicious plant!!! I was so fuckin pissed!!! but alas only had me to blame... cleaned everything up... saved I hope 2 clones... and put the maimed bubblelicious outside for flowering....

live and learn I guess... at lest sweet dreams seem to be coming along great! so hopefully by the end of the month I will have a harvest!

here are some picts to go with this update!

9-4-sweetdream.JPG

9-4.JPG

gangs_all_here.JPG

bad-design.JPG

aftermath1.JPG

Re: Munen's First Grow > Soil Mix, KCSweet Dreams Grow Journal - 2010

I got my medical permit yesterday!!! had my first legal smoke!!!:surf:

my sweetdream plant are like a week away from harvest... they didnt do so well because I over fertilized them... live and learn....

I think im about two weeks from harvest on the sweet dreams... maybe one week... I will be check the tricombs for milkyness before I cut them down...

I wish I had not screwed up my feeding and burned these two plants... oh well live and learn.

I do have coming up the bubblicious from seed... I would guess another month before I harvest... the clones off this plant are really doing well. I have 3 of them in 3 gallon containers... they will be the 2nd grow/harvest for me in about 2 months or so maybe longer....

here are some picts:

9-41.JPG

9-4-sweetdream1.JPG

the_gang_9-4.JPG

young_ones9-13-10.JPG

well its all over now... sweet dreams has been harvested...

the tall plant got sick... over fert? I am not sure if anyone knows please let me know... didnt even weight the sick plants harvest... the second sweet dreams was better got 92g of bud at 2 days of drying... put that in a jar to cure....

bubblelicious is coming along nicely! lots of yellow leaves... I have only been lightly fertilizing this plant. should be ready to harvest in 1 or 2 weeks...

then on to the clones!!!

check out my gallery for the last shots of sweet dreams...

- 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I saw your comment about making an LED light, and was hoping you had more posted about it. How well do you think it performed? Please tell more about it?

Congratulations on getting your Medical Permit!

:tokin:Good Luck +rep

My LED is ok... I built using parts from this website:

I used 3 630nm triple source surface mount and 1 430nm triple surface mount... so thats 12 led emitters I used some big aluminum heat sinks to attach them to and a 36watt driver to power the lot. I use it for a veg light and/or a clone light...

after I built it I learned that 630 red is not the ideal wavelength for plants 660 red is... 430 is the good part for blue...

so all said and done I spent about 160 dollars... there are chinese places that sell led grow lamps in the right spectrum for less... so I did not save money by building this myself... thou I had fun figuring it out... :)

Just so you know, 2 days of drying before sticking in a jar is not enough time and will produce very harsh smoke. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions forum and the first thread is How to Cure or something like that. This is must have information for high quality smoke. You don't want all that hard work to turn into some nasty tasting harsh mess!!

And my opinion on those yellowing leaves is nute burn.

Everything else looks nice man! Good luck! :tokin:

well im done with this thread... how do I close it? :)

Hi munen

hanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom