Murz's CherryPopping 1stTime BagSeed Grow!

Alright, well i hope FIM'ing is a smart idea, cause i did the procedure on all 4 plants...i did some research and figured what the hell, up to 8 new branches? making your plants bushier and giving them the ability to create new bud sites as well as train them to grow out instead of up??? all sounds good to me, just hope i didnt jeopardize the whole grow...I'll post pics up in a couple days if i start to see new growth from the FIM surgery, if all else fails i'll just start another grow.

G.J.- from all the diagrams i've read and seen its all pretty easy, topping you cut all the new growth off the top, leaving the top most set of leaves intact and a small amount of the stem. fimming, you cut 80% of the top most new growth, making your new branches double, instead of 2 with topping you get 4 or up to 8 in some cases i've read. You want to do your topping/fimming at the 3rd or 4th node, but anytime after the 3rd or 4th is fine. It essential helps the bottom branches grow, and makes your plant grow out instead of up. Also useful to incorporate LST'ing eventually as well...

I HOPE I DIDNT SCREW UP MY PLANTS!!! LOL Checked on them this morning when i woke up and all 4 are looking GREAT! the yellowing that was happening to #1 is completely gone, all the leaves look super green and healthy. I think they were yellowing and wilting a little because they were beginning to get route bound in those small pots, also my pH could've been a little off and the new soil/nutes helped get that under control. Can't wait til next week to give them their first dose of vegetative cycle feeding and watch them EXPLODE!

I think i remember you saying something about topping your plant that turned out to be male. i'm really worried that i screwed this up. i mean, it didnt sound too hard on all the diagrams and what not, so i just went ahead and did it. we'll find out after my dark cycle is over at 4:20pm this afternoon. lol. thats when they wake up, and i'll check em out to seem if the stem is Y-ing at all...

I think i remember saying something in another thread about the difference between the two(From a personal view point and the benefite of both)

Lets give you a base idea of a sample plant that we will be using. Lets say that this plant is Five nodes high and Two of the nodes are the premature growth that isnt fully developed fan leaves yet.

Topping IF you decide to top you will be cutting off the top Two nodes comepletely off and you are left with three nodes. The main new top colas will be on the Topmost node( We will count from one to three and three being the lowest node on the stalk) and secondary top colas on node position two.

FimmingIf you decide to fim you keep the two topmostnodes intact and you just cut the fan leaves and the top part of the stalk. On this plant you will have two extra nodes and Will grow the same as topping( Main cola on the topmost node and secondary on the second node down) but now instead of having only 1 node under the new tops you will have 3 nodes.

To sum it up. fimming is just topping but the new branching will start growing from a higher position and it is all up to preference.

The benefit of topping would be if you cut low enough on the stalk you can clone the top. Giving you a new plant to add to your group and would be genetically identical to the plant you topped. With fimming, not enough plant is left to clone.

Hope I made some sense, Im a bit medicated now and Im really hungry. I also hope this helps for future grows.:lot-o-toke:

these are two charts that i've come across that i've used in my grows..
Mogies_Topping_pic1.jpg

Fimming_v_topping2.jpg

hope it can help you guys out..

Hehe 4:20 is the start of your light cycle, Nice!:thumb: I was going to have my light cycle start during the night but after seeing how much light leaks are a problem for now, I just opted to go with following the sun. So when my lights go out, it is when the sun goes down. My room is pretty black at night.

yeah i'm going to give them 36 hours of complete darkness before i switch to flowering then i'll have their lights out be at nighttime to prevent hermies. theyre just on the 18/6 right now, and i dont wanna have to wake up to switch, dont have a timer. so i just set an alarm on my phone and i'm home during the day anyway so it all works out. pics coming up soon.

You need to really invest in a timer. xD They really are time savers. It also leaves no variable untouched, so to speak. You never know when you might forget or not hear the alarm. Takes the guess work out of everything. Can't wait to see what you get in 12/12. I will have my fingers crossed for ya.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom