MusicCityCannabis

Hey all! This will be my first ever grow so wish me luck! Starting from scratch so still have gear waiting to be delivered although I have most already in my possession but wanted to go ahead and creat my journal as I like to stay ahead of the game I'll be posting pictures soon!

Seeds - 5 White Widow (Fem) ordered from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

Germination Method - dropping seeds in cup of water until they sink then into wet paper towel until they sprout.

Soil Mix & Pot for seedlings Stage - Using Fox Farm Ocean Forest + Coco Coir + Perlite. Will be using Dixie cups to start and I'll be drilling small holes around the entire body of the cup for air pruning. (Will post pics as I get everything together)

Soil Mix & Pot for Veg & Flower - Using Fox Farms Ocean Forest + Coco Coir + worm castings + Perlite. I will be transplanting from Dixie cups to 5gallon buckets that will also have drilled holes around entire body of bucket for air pruning (Will Post Pics). As for water I've decided to just go with tap but will fill jugs and let them sit for 24 hrs prior to using.

Nutrients - General Organics and I'm still researching and learning about this subject for what to use at what time and how much so will keep updates and hope to hear from the experts on here in regards.

Grow space / Grow Tents - I'm using my shed as my grow room that's roughly 8x8 in size. I'm sealing all corners and or places that may need attention with caulk then covering entire inside space including ceiling with insulation board. Will be filling this space with two grow tents ordered from Amazon. Veg tent will be approximately 48x36x70 and flower tent will be approximately 48x48x71.

Lights I'm Using - Bad Boy T5's by Nickel City. In veg tent I'll be using an 8 bulb 432 watt fixture equipped with 6500k bulbs and in the flower tent I'll be using a 12bulb 648 watt fixture equipped with 2700k to 2900k bulbs.

Fan + filter combo - ipower 4inch inline duct fan with carbon filter one for each grow tent. Will also be using a few small fans in each tent as well.

Temp + humidity monitor - 3 AcuRite 00613 from Amazon. One for main room and one for each grow tent.

Light cycles I'm running - Veg 18/6 Flower 12/12

Extra info (may change as needed)
Plan on topping all plants when ready. Will be using scrog nets when needed. Will be lollipoping plants when time. Planning to take clones. Flushing plants 2 weeks prior to harvest. May add some humidifiers to the tents.

If I missed anything or add something later on I'll be sure to update as needed with lots of pics! Hope to be ready by next week. I'd appreciate any input at anytime! Thanks!
Music City Cannabis

Welcome to your first forum and good luck with your grow. You will find some great growers here to help you out.

As for your nutrients. Hold off after sprouting for the first week or so and then start at about 1/4 of the label recommendation. The best advise I learned here was "LESS IS MORE". The other advise I would have is to watch your watering and don't water until they need the water. You can usually tell by gently lifting the pot and feel the relative weight - If heavy hold off and when starting to get light it is time for a drink.

As soon as they pop their heads up you can put them under filtered light. As soon as they have their first 2 little leaves they can start photosynthesis. Many use CFL's that are put quite close to the plant. I start out by putting a humidity dome over the top of each plant. For a dome I use a 1 Liter clear plastic soda bottle with the bottom cut off. Seedlings like high humidity. I keep the domes on until they get their first set of real leaves and then start hardening them by removing the dome for a couple hours at a time and eventually just removing it and misting them a couple times a day.

Troy01 - Thanks so much! Also seen some videos of people using lil ziplock bags to cover the lil seedlings in the cups. Would this be ok as well? I do like the idea of the plastic soda bottles more though. Oh and what about a humidity dome compared to these methods mentioned? Thanks bud!

Yes anything that keeps the moisture in is fine. I drink a lot of mineral water so always have empty bottles around.

Really? i have no idea why :confused:.

I get the same response - Says Ooops something went wrong. You do not have permission to view. Suggestion would be to press the Camera Icon on the bar above the message block and select your photo.

Really? i have no idea why :confused:.
I get the same response - Says Ooops something went wrong. You do not have permission to view. Suggestion would be to press the Camera Icon on the bar above the message block and select your photo.
How do I get photos loaded in my media?

Working on my grow building while waiting for the rest of my equipment to arrive. Still got some work but I'm getting there. Putting up insulation board and using a stain/sealer on the wood floors and went with green because it just seemed appropriate ;)

Back
Top Bottom