Music for your plants pleasure?

Classical music has been said to cause the plants to grow better. Studies have been done one various species of plants, though cannabis wasnt one of them. There is no REAL proof that music helps stimulate growth, more of a wives tale. Although some people swear by it while others (including me) see it as a means of just noise. Plants do not have ears nor do they react to sound, meaning that there is no way for a plant to turn sound into growth.

Excuse me while I whip this out. Our ears are nothing but transducers which takes sound waves and transforms it into another corresponding type of energy that we interpret as sound. However, sound is nothing but atmospheric pressure variations (called compression and rarefaction) which could quite possibly affect the plants. As far as what kind of music shouldn't matter since plants don't have ears, but the presence of sound be it music or Pip farting on a snare drum should have the same effect, if in fact it does affect the plant at all. (audio geek here);)

Excuse me while I whip this out. Our ears are nothing but transducers which takes sound waves and transforms it into another corresponding type of energy that we interpret as sound. However, sound is nothing but atmospheric pressure variations (called compression and rarefaction) which could quite possibly affect the plants. As far as what kind of music shouldn't matter since plants don't have ears, but the presence of sound be it music or Pip farting on a snare drum should have the same effect, if in fact it does affect the plant at all. (audio geek here);)
Wow Strat,all intelectual and stuff love it.When we were doing NL outdoor we would start them inside till they were sexed,and we would talk to them like they were our babys(they really were):cheesygrinsmiley:I'm not sure if it helped or not but pulled in some sick yields.:hug:

Beyond the definition of sound, all movement caused by sound, wind, fans, or, as ive been told before, even a vibrator tied to the stem, will cause plants to further develop the walls of their stem, increasing the strength of the plant as well as widening the area for movement of nutrients and water inside the stem. In theory...

If what HHGreenHand is saying is true, then I think it would be safe to say that, in theory, Metallica, Ozzy etc are doing their part to help with the sticky beensmokin. Crank it up!
:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

I hear what you are saying, but can't quite follow the logic behind it.

Ears pick up the sound waves against the ear drum right and the brain interperts the sound right?

Well where exactly is the receptor in plants?

If i'm hearing you right, the plants are responding to actual movement, not necessarily the sound that movement produces.

Therefore it would stand to reason that the actual movement is more important than the sound. A record playing is less effecient than a vibrator tied to the stem, eh?

This is a little too abstract for me to grasp. I thought plants responded to "sound" as it were when people talked to their plants. This is in fact due to the release of carbon dioxide (or monoxide - don't ask stoners to get too technical), not so much the sound of ones voice.

Well, if it works for you, do it!!! That's why we're all here to learn form one another. Keep on doing it if it grows your meds.

Wow Strat,all intelectual and stuff love it.When we were doing NL outdoor we would start them inside till they were sexed,and we would talk to them like they were our babys(they really were):cheesygrinsmiley:I'm not sure if it helped or not but pulled in some sick yields.:hug:

Talking to your plants can also potentially be useful to plants. The CO2 from your breath is what the plant uses, the more the merrier :grinjoint:

Mythbusters did an episode on this (nerdy i know) but interesting enought music did help the grow in comparison to other plants, they did it based off normal growth, rock, classical, and possibly something else.. im sure if you youtube it or search around you could find the episode

update MythBusters Episode 23: Exploding House you can read alittle about it

Makes sense loud rock music has lots of heavy vibrations which stimulates the tiny hairs on the plants just like a fan helps to stiffen a young plant !! Same shit ! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom