Music helps plants grow!

jimmynorton

Talking helps plants grow.

plausible

Seven small greenhouses were set up on the M5 Industries roof. Four were set up with stereos playing endlessly looping recordings (as having the Mythbusters actually talk to the plants could contaminate the samples with their expelled carbon dioxide): Two of negative speech, two of positive speech (Kari and Scottie each made one positive and one negative soundtrack), a fifth with classical music and a sixth with intense death metal music. A seventh greenhouse, used as a control sample, had no stereo. The greenhouses with the recordings of speech grew better than the control, regardless of whether such talk was kind or angry. The plants in the greenhouse with the recording of classical music grew better, while the plants in the greenhouse with the recording of intense death metal grew best of all.

sweeeeet heavy metal hemp!! :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

someone once told me that music from the orgin of the plant is best.. ? ?

i give mine some reggae and classical :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hmmm death metal? Over classical? Wow.
Someone in anothet thread said mj plants don't likr rap. But they favor metal? Any reason why?

Hmmm death metal? Over classical? Wow.
Someone in anothet thread said mj plants don't likr rap. But they favor metal? Any reason why?

they beat is faster

they play 1/16 notes, very quick and loud noise (not voice? haha) ... rap isn't as fast (USUALLY)

last question should you set you radio along with your light timer or run the music 24/7?

they beat is faster

they play 1/16 notes, very quick and loud noise (not voice? haha) ... rap isn't as fast (USUALLY)

Quite a blanket statement, true, but it can vary either way- i'm pretty sure some drummers can rock 1/64 in songs, but 1/16-1/32 is more common.

They conducted this experiment on myth busters, and results favored the music- so why not go for it.
Plants responds to stimulus- but i wonder how they hear (i didn't think that they could)
I sometimes wonder how this could physiologically work, and if it works for other matters or growth.

Back
Top Bottom