Music To Improve Plant Growth

SmokeyMacPot

well i saw mythbusters on the dicovery channel. They had a show on using music to improve plant growth. i was kind of sceptical but thier results showed that the music did infact caused increased plant production. i was surprised and started to study it a bit. in my looking around the web, i found that it is true. the leaves react to high pitched sounds like that of birds chirping. the plant opens its pores* and absorbs moisture. this happens naturally when early morning birds start chirping. that causes the plant to open its pores and absorbs the morning dew. i also saw that many people put radios in thier grow rooms. they also claim to have increased results. so i just wrote that to open up the subject and to see if anyone else finds this interesting.

*i am saying pores for lack of better word

Yup its true, I saw that same show (those guys are the biggest tools) anyway yeah they mentioned Metal music worked best. Talking to your plants also helps.

I made a thread about this about 1 year ago when Bongrella was still around and she backed up this method also.

I yell at my plants for 30 minutes a day, just sceam "GROW PLANT GROW GROW GROW"

lol just kidding, sounds interesting... still skeptical I'll have to do an experiment myself one of these days.

yep mv. i heard its better to leave the radio on in the first hours of light and lightly mist the leaves and it gives better growth.

Back
Top Bottom