MusicB's - Vanilla Kush - DWC - Grow

MusicB127

1st hydroponic grow
-Deep water culture system
-Five gallon bucket (reservoir)
-Technaflora nutrients
-Mars Hydro 144X5 Reflector (310 watts)

Hello everybody. Today is the 64th day of Veg for my Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush (Afghan X Kashmir lineage). I will most likely be switching to flower In 2-3 weeks so I figured it's never too late to still start a journal. I'm mainly documenting my journal for two reasons:
- For myself to look back on and improve.
-To obtain help from experienced growers so I can enter and finish the flowering stage with a healthy and maximized yielded plant! .

She is currently 20"X19"X8" (3,040"²) and has been LST'd ever since after 30 days of VEG.
I still have a lot of branches to tie down and some cleaning up to do of some decaying leaves. (Previous PH drop issue)

LED
image8184.jpeg

No LeD
image8183.jpeg

so far I'm loving DWC!! Especially the growth!! Soil and I don't get along the greatest. (I've fucked up with soil in the past, but there is still always another shot with it in the future if I ever get bored.)

Same here. 1st grow, soil= successful; 2nd&3rd soil grows= colossal failures. DWC has been super fun and the growth rates are awesome. Plus it's just so damn clean. I'll leave the dirt outside in the veggie and flower garden. lol. Mind if i tag along on your deep water voyage? I have some pics of my current dwc grow in the member gallery if you're interested.

Same here. 1st grow, soil= successful; 2nd&3rd soil grows= colossal failures. DWC has been super fun and the growth rates are awesome. Plus it's just so damn clean. I'll leave the dirt outside in the veggie and flower garden. lol. Mind if i tag along on your deep water voyage? I have some pics of my current dwc grow in the member gallery if you're interested.

I most definitely would have to agree with you Lazarus!! The cleanliness of DWC is awesome. No gnats, flies, moldy soil, etc. I mean DWC can go wrong, as like anything else can, but if you keep up with the reservoir and maintain it there's nothing really unsanitary or no major issues. I would love for you to tag along with my DWC voyage. awesome to hear, I'll check out your pictures of your current DWC right now actually as I spark this and relax/research away.

Hey everybody, just woke up to this

8e92ee5aa5ede9a4753c052ef40d901a.jpg
0b576edf673dd87a1740ca77384f6a60.jpg
fd0bbf43572ccfe164bd22c5b9da8a7a.jpg

This is my vanilla Kush on her 87th day of VEG. I've been wanting to switch her over to flower but I want to switch her over to flower when she is her healthiest!! I only Vegged her for so long so I could hope to get a huge Yield In the future. Any input on what the deficiencies or lockout or any information that can obtain to her situation is greatly appreciated. :)

Temp: 78° doesn't pass 80° lowest is 70°
Rez temps always cool switching water bottles every few hours
Techna flora nutrients at 1/2 strength (the recipe for success)

Humidity is always around 26 -35%. Hard to always bring this up.

Normally the PH stays between 5.7 and 6.1 but lately for about the past 2-3 days the PH drops to 5ish to upper 4's every 3 hours and I don't know why.

Unfortunately no PPM meter. I want to get one but don't have the funds for a fancy one. Maybe a $20 one but don't even know of one reliable enough. Once again thanks for any input!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

My photo plant under the screen vegged for 100 days before I flipped the lights. While it's going to be a large harvest, I don't think I want to invest this much time in another plant. It's too much work for a lazy grower like me. :rofl:

I totally know what you mean rifle man I am pretty lazy myself even though it's Deepwater culture and I don't think I want to go this long in the vegetative stage again but then again I haven't seen the yield at the end yet. It is more work which sucks. Also. I have been opening windows at night since it has been getting down to the mid 50s outside lately to try and get the temps cooler in my grow room. Well it is definitely working!!. I've actually gotten it to be a high of 76° during the day and it's currently 65° during the "night" (I have them on 24 hours light)

now
I have read during flowering if you get the temps to 60° or low enough that it can help bring out purple colors in the flower. My question is what temp would be too low so that way I'm not making the plant grow slower ? Thank you :)

I think color would be strain dependant also. I'm not sure all will show color even with cooler temps. You should be good to around 60 I would think. Ground temp stabilizes around 58°F below the frost line here even in the Summer and plants do well.

Back
Top Bottom