Must The Water Always Be Dechlorinated?

RookieJuana

Hello fellow growers! Can you help a girl out? Here's my predicament... I recently had a partial hip replacement and I have some plans that are getting very thirsty and ready for some nutrients in their water. Problem is, I don't have any water jugs full of water yet. Can I just fill water jugs straight from the tap and add the nutrients as usual and feed them that way? Is that okay? Or do I need to let the water jugs set out with the lid off for a day or two, to dechlorinate?

Lol

The thread queen...lol ya really should start a Journal dear, all these peeps you chat with can help u a lot faster that way

Some say let it sit, some say it doesn't matter

Chlorine vs chloramine is the big debate , is it bad, or not

I use an RO system and usually let it sit, but sometimes I can't

Not sure I'm much help, but a little info for ya

I been using chlorinated water even in my dwc. Just to leave it sit for a day before you add anything. Almost a pound harvest for my first grow in a 3x3 with 3 plants so no complains here. Generally I keep a 5 gallon bucket filled and leave it sit till I'm ready to use it. If your running dwc and suspect algae or bacteria and want to flush it out, straight from the tap with chlorine in small amounts may help . My tap water was in the 60-75 ppm range from the tap. Most of that will be calcium though I still needed to add a little cal mag to bump it up a little more. You will be fine, I would not add right from the tap all the time. Temperature shock might be more of a concern, make sure it's close to the temperature you want and your set.

I use things like Voodoo juice, which is microbes. So I am super sketched about chlorine killing them. I grabbed a cheap air bubbler setup from Walmart and run that for a few hours minimally.

There’s also a method where you transfer back and forth 15 times from one vessel to another. This apparently rids the chlorine very quickly. Or so I’ve read! Might be worth checking out.

To answer threads question.. no it does not...

? :idea:
P1070105.JPG
P1070107.JPG

Useful if your growing fish, won't say a waste of money if not but better causes to donate it to..

If you're growing in a living organic soil then you want no chlorine or Chloramine.
Most cities now use Chloramine which doesn't just go away from leaving it sit.
You can use ascorbic acid (vitamin C) to get rid of the Chloramine, I used to just toss in orange peels.
If you are just bottle feeding and really don't care much about your microbial life then the chlorine wont bother your plants, but I'd still bubble your water just to raise your dissolved oxygen in your water and that should lower your chlorine a bit.

You really believe glass of water will destroy your microbe colony? Lol... it's a cull not extinction..

Don't you add a rhizophere with your nutrients? And chlorine water is killing all this life? Bullshit.. stop the lies. Or stop adding chlorine to your water lmfao

No just sick of constant bullshit.. actually I just woke up and for one being in a pro cannabis forum, that should have been your question, just wake up did we, need a cone? Stop with the negative towards cannabis..

Me? What do you need explained to you pal? Here to help mate..

If my comment makes no sense, it's no wonder your struggling to wade through a water thread..

Kind of funny, I have read a few statements that say if in hydro you should dechlorinate the water . I run a perpetual in an ebb and grow system ( buckets) not a flooded table and will drain, clean, refill and mix the nutrients about an hour before my plants are fed every other Sunday. Zero issues with straight tap water to the plants. Current stuff is in my Signature.
Peace OG

Back
Top Bottom