Mutant disease? Please help

jmarch33

Hey guys I have a strange thing that happens to a small percentage of my plants and have never been able to nail it down.
I seem to get a few out of every batch of seeds I do.
These 3 plants are 22 days old from seed and they just stay like this. Leave are very hard and curled . actually feel like rocks. I threw them out the other day and that is what is causing the dying leaves, usually they have a healthy color to them. I just dug them out of the garbage for pictures.
The small darkest green plant actually has 4 sets of leaves under there! They are just tiny and hard.
All three are different strains. It looks like some of my other 6 inch tall plants might be getting this also. Or I

could be imagining things. some are starting to get hard drooping leaves.

Is this a disease? Infection? mutation? any cure ?

plant_disease_6.jpg

View image in gallery

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Ph is always 5.8

Nutes are AN Jungle juice ppm is 150 , running like 1/10 of their recommended dosage for seedlings.

Running carbon filtered tap water. PPM out of the tap is 40 so im under 200 ppm combined.

reservoir temps are 69-70F (chiller)

lights are MARS HYDRO 700 @24" 24/0 cycle

I usually run voodoo juice and/or great white for benies.

couple of quick questions 1st
I see a cloner in the background of the pictures, are you putting your rapid rooters in your cloner?
Do you sterilize your cloner between each run of plants?
If you are actually using a tay and plastic dome for your rapid rooters, do you sterilize that between runs of plants.
If you are sterilizing them, how are you doing it and with what product are you using?
How much light are you running and at what height above them are you running it?
What is the RH% in the area they are being grown in?

From the 2nd picture it appears that they are sending out quiet a few roots

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Ph is always 5.8

Nutes are AN Jungle juice ppm is 150 , running like 1/10 of their recommended dosage for seedlings.

Running carbon filtered tap water. PPM out of the tap is 40 so im under 200 ppm combined.

reservoir temps are 69-70F (chiller)

lights are MARS HYDRO 700 @24" 24/0 cycle

I usually run voodoo juice and/or great white for benies.

a little small to be feeding in my humble opinion. I normally do not start feeding them until they are a little more developed but thats just the way I grow, I am sure some guys/gals have good results feeding them right out of the gate. That is a lot of light for such small plants at 24 inches, I would start by moving your light up to at least 36 inches. I would also drop them down to at least a 20/4 schedule so the plants can rest a little, personally I always run 18/6 because I believe a plant is much like a human, we need to get some rest in order to preform, but again that is just my opinion and others will disagree.

a little small to be feeding in my humble opinion. I normally do not start feeding them until they are a little more developed but thats just the way I grow, I am sure some guys/gals have good results feeding them right out of the gate. That is a lot of light for such small plants at 24 inches, I would start by moving your light up to at least 36 inches. I would also drop them down to at least a 20/4 schedule so the plants can rest a little, personally I always run 18/6 because I believe a plant is much like a human, we need to get some rest in order to preform, but again that is just my opinion and others will disagree.

Thanks for the reply, and Happy 4th!

These were actually started from seed with quite a few others. germinated in paper towel until tap roots and them placed into rapid rooters. All of the brothers and sisters are much larger and ready for feeding. These runts have stayed this size for 3 weeks and are growing but extremely slow. The leaves are hard like rocks.
im wondering if they were bitten by an insect or if its a plant virus? A handful of my other plants at 3 weeks are short and starting to look like they are changing to this thick hard leaf stunted growth.

When these first started out as seedlings they had normal leaves and growth. They weren't fed until they had 2 sets of leaves.

I don't use a humidity dome, the room is at 50% +/- . The tray I start seeds in and everything else I use are washed in a mild bleach solution. Or H2O2. I usually run H2O2 through my ultrasonic cloner for a bit then wash with bleach. Its aeroponic so no I don't put rapid rooters into it.

Solved! Thanks to all of you who helped!

Found a google image of exact same problem. https://www.-----.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246324

Sounds like I have mites biting and injecting toxins into my plants.
Time to unleash this small army of 200+ praying mantis and 1500 lady bugs!
If that doesn't work Ill spend the money on avid.

Anyone have any recommendations as to which one to buy? They are all around $100 bucks!

Back
Top Bottom