Mutt's 2nd Organic Grow - Soil - TGA Genetics

re: Mutt's 2nd Organic Grow - Soil - TGA Genetics

This is my 5th cycle of defoliating and roughly my 8th grow cycle. Defoliating makes it easier to bend, makes it so you can set your plants up to get the best light (more room), allows light to get all the way through to the bottom of plant, makes it easier to harvest and I think it drys quicker (not too quick though), and with leaves its seems like a big old mess looking back. To each their own though!

Nice job Muttt. They look amazing. Just had the roof in my shop repaired where I plan to install my growroom. So I'm hoping to start on my room this weed... opps, I mean weekend. I am looking forward to my first grow in a long time. Sorry for drooling on your ladies.

Welcome Skunkpilot and Ashinkushaa

Thanks DocDee .... that makes me a little more comfortable with it. What do you think about how much I took off?? Too Much??

I went down and checked on the girls today. I was actually suprised. In the last 24 hours, the little tiny leaves I left on the experiment, have all doubled in size. But the really amazing part is the trichomes. None of the other plants have any visible trichomes on them. But, the one I defoliated has just pump out crazy trichomes over night. About half the surface area of most of the upper leaves are now just covered in Trochomes. I didn't expect this. And, since it is only 22 days in flower .... I wonder how much more trichs it will produce. :slide:

Wiz ..... I'm sure glad your sticking with my journal. Not sure why, but not very many subscribers this time. I must have pissed them off with my last journal.

It's putting out more energy to fix the defo but no where to put it except the buds :)

2 reasons I'm following your journal one your a wise grower cool 420 member & I'm still trying to figure out how to build your grow room design :) (believe it or not that was all 1 reason :rofl: )

2nd reason I like to stay around for as many journals to keep learning :thumb:

OH shit .... .that's right, you did ask me a while back to help you with that. What would you like to know. I can talk you through the whole thing if you want.

I think your defol was perfect mate! That's exactly how I do it. Should look like it needs another in a few days lol

Wiz

I'll Help you figure out what you need to get. But, you are going to have to get at least a skill saw. Look for one at a pawn shop ... you can get them for cheap.

Doc

When do you defol and how long before you do it again?

At day 21 or when I want to stop stretch. Usually day 21 (give or take a day if I'm busy/lazy) then after that I allow a week or so for more fans to come in then I start plucking them every couple days (only ones with long stems and/or blocking any bud sites). Then I do another complete defol at day 45-50 depending on strain finish time, Typically 2 weeks from finish I like to do another complete defol.

Oh and forgot to add. I give them a half defol (only large fans and really low ones) in veg around week 3 or 4 from seed and week 2 or 3 from rooted clones.

Yea of course I would still like to know. I just need ready to put together measurements. I don't have cutting tools so ill have Home Depot cut them to exact size.

Wiz

I'll Help you figure out what you need to get. But, you are going to have to get at least a skill saw. Look for one at a pawn shop ... you can get them for cheap.

Wiz, get at least a circular saw (aka skill saw., Skill is a brand). You may not want to buy tools, but think of it this way. The Depot charges you for each cut. If you're trying to build a cabinet, you will need lots of cuts. They will add up quick. I suspect, you will spend more paying for cuts than it would cost to buy a saw. There are other factors when evaluating the cost as well. On one hand, the HD cuts will probably be straighter then the cuts you will make yourself. On the other hand, when you realize one of the measurements was off, or something isn't fitting together right, you will not be able to fix it yourself. You will end up back at Home Depot asking them to make another cut. How much time and gas will that use up? Take Mutt's advice. Check out a pawn shop and pick up a used saw. You can get a high quality saw, such as a skill saw, for maybe $20. You could also ask friends or neighbors to borrow one. Tell them you're making some shelves. I have lots of tools, but the circular saw is the most used tool of all. Sure a table saw will make straighter cuts a little faster, but it can't do anything you can't do with a hand held tool. You might want a jigsaw to make the holes for fans and such, but the circular saw can do that too. As long as you're OK with square holes. ;)

You're gonna make a journal about the project, right?
My favorite threads are the ones where they talk about building the room, but I'm a gear head. :Namaste:

Actaully, we could start a thread together. That is specifically about building a box. And do your project in that thread. Lots of pics and tech advise??

I'd definitely be subbed for that! Looking to make a closet for vegging but I have very minimal carpentry skills.

Actaully, we could start a thread together. That is specifically about building a box. And do your project in that thread. Lots of pics and tech advise??

I'd watch that one :)

So if Mutt and Doc team up, do we end up with a Vet? :rofl:

That thermometer gets no where near my ass !!!

Day 23 Flower .............

Went down to water and feed the girls. Everything is looking good. No bugs or mold. Poppin all kinds of cotton balls. The cotton balls are actaully starting to stack up and fill in the lower parts of the colas. I'm really happy with this run so far.

DSCF07192.JPG

DSCF0718.JPG

DSCF07175.JPG

DSCF0716.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

The Test subject was looking really good. Noticable growth in the last 48 hours. I took her out to get a better look at her.

DSCF07111.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

DSCF07131.JPG

It's kinda hard to see. But, this is a closeup of the trichomes on the test subject.

DSCF0710.JPG

Not much to tell you about the Veg area. It's growing good. I may take a bunch of clones for some friends .... that should help keep them short and bushy.

DSCF07202.JPG

I ordered a second sensor for my online temp and humidity sensor. This thing works great and lets me check my temps and humidity from my smart phone or computer. It only cost me 45 bucks for the additional sensor. And, it connects to the system I already have. Now I can keep track of both boxes on one system. I took the sensor probe and stuck it through a vent hole into the drying rack area. That way, I also know what temp it is in drying area.

DSCF07212.JPG

Well, that's about it for now.

digging the THIS OLD GROWBOX thing with Bob Weeda:)
and yeah wizz if you need a tool more than twice you should by it.
I was a carpenter for 30+years and if you asked to borrow a tool from once I was good with that and maybe a second time.. after that get your own.as a matter of fact if a apprentice carpenter started on the job under my watch came in he was required to buy 2 tools a month and he better have receipts or he was walking.
and a circular saw can be purchased for little cabbage even a good one. and them boys at HD no less then you do.
anyway Mutt did a sweet job on his so listen to him and you will have a custom grow that you can be proud of:)

I ordered a second sensor for my online temp and humidity sensor. This thing works great and lets me check my temps and humidity from my smart phone or computer. It only cost me 45 bucks for the additional sensor. And, it connects to the system I already have. Now I can keep track of both boxes on one system. I took the sensor probe and stuck it through a vent hole into the drying rack area. That way, I also know what temp it is in drying area.

Did talk about this system anywhere? I just reread the beginning and I don't see it. I've been wanting a way to check temps in various spots in the basement from my phone. Could you post links to the products you're using?

EDIT: I found the system. Looks like just what I want and not too much $$. Thanks :)

Wiz, get at least a circular saw (aka skill saw., Skill is a brand). You may not want to buy tools, but think of it this way. The Depot charges you for each cut. If you're trying to build a cabinet, you will need lots of cuts. They will add up quick. I suspect, you will spend more paying for cuts than it would cost to buy a saw. There are other factors when evaluating the cost as well. On one hand, the HD cuts will probably be straighter then the cuts you will make yourself. On the other hand, when you realize one of the measurements was off, or something isn't fitting together right, you will not be able to fix it yourself. You will end up back at Home Depot asking them to make another cut. How much time and gas will that use up? Take Mutt's advice. Check out a pawn shop and pick up a used saw. You can get a high quality saw, such as a skill saw, for maybe $20. You could also ask friends or neighbors to borrow one. Tell them you're making some shelves. I have lots of tools, but the circular saw is the most used tool of all. Sure a table saw will make straighter cuts a little faster, but it can't do anything you can't do with a hand held tool. You might want a jigsaw to make the holes for fans and such, but the circular saw can do that too. As long as you're OK with square holes. ;)

You're gonna make a journal about the project, right?
My favorite threads are the ones where they talk about building the room, but I'm a gear head. :Namaste:

My local home depot is about :hmmmm: NEXT DOOR:) :rofl: Im serious. I dont think they charge you by the cut. I built my clone/veg cab and it only cost me $30 for the 8x8 wood. Good grade.

Back
Top Bottom