Mutt's 2nd Organic Grow - Soil - TGA Genetics

re: Mutt's 2nd Organic Grow - Soil - TGA Genetics

I'm pretty happy with this batch. No problems to speak of. No bugs .... no plant issues at all.

grats bro. they look tasty :)

Very nice job on harvest and trim!

fargin yummy:)

Thanks bro .... I've been neglecting everybodies journals. I need to make the rounds more and keep this interesting.

Unfortunately, I was working in the veg box today and found a few mites. Not many .... but enough. So, I pulled everything out. Did a very aggressive defiliationg and lollipop of the veg plants. I sprayed down the entire box with Bronners magic soap and SNS 203. I also sprayed the hell out of the plants with the same mixtures. Plus, I did a thurough soil drench. I'll repeat it all again in three days. I'll keep this up for about 2 weeks and then put them in 12/12.

Good thing is, the last batch i just harvested didn't have any bugs ..... thank god. So, at least I got one good harvest out of the way ... with out bugs. Now, if I can just do more than one grow in a row, everything will be great. Since the Nurse Jackie seedlings were rescued form mites .... I think that may be where the bugs came from. Plus, they just seem to be failing to launch. So, they got tossed. I'm starting fresh once I move the 6 in veg over to the flower box. Everything is getting wiped with bleach and as sterile as I can make it.

I've had it up to here ...... with fucking bugs.

Gonna pick up some Nuke em and some spinosad.

Thanks bro .... I've been neglecting everybodies journals. I need to make the rounds more and keep this interesting.

Unfortunately, I was working in the veg box today and found a few mites. Not many .... but enough. So, I pulled everything out. Did a very aggressive defiliationg and lollipop of the veg plants. I sprayed down the entire box with Bronners magic soap and SNS 203. I also sprayed the hell out of the plants with the same mixtures. Plus, I did a thurough soil drench. I'll repeat it all again in three days. I'll keep this up for about 2 weeks and then put them in 12/12.

Good thing is, the last batch i just harvested didn't have any bugs ..... thank god. So, at least I got one good harvest out of the way ... with out bugs. Now, if I can just do more than one grow in a row, everything will be great. Since the Nurse Jackie seedlings were rescued form mites .... I think that may be where the bugs came from. Plus, they just seem to be failing to launch. So, they got tossed. I'm starting fresh once I move the 6 in veg over to the flower box. Everything is getting wiped with bleach and as sterile as I can make it.

I've had it up to here ...... with fucking bugs.

I here ya about trying to keep up. It's getting pretty hard. My last big picture update was on page 15 or 16 of my thread, then 3 more pages of talking :winkyface: You made me decide I should change the journal link in my sig when I do large picture updates. Thanks. +rep for making me think of it! :Namaste:

Sorry to hear about the mites! I had those in SD once. Ruined most of the crop so fast! Barely salvaged enough to get myself through to next harvest. I started over though with some "clean" clones. I knew a lot of growers back then though, so it was easy to get a dozen clones. You know guys out there don't you? I'd be willing to give away clones down the road, but right now I am still growing mothers.

spinosad is good good stuff.
Gonna pick up some Nuke em and some spinosad.

Yeah I got buddies that always have a couple clones I can get. I try not too though. It only takes one bug on one plant ... and then you are right back to the battle with bugs.

I did take some TGA Space Dawg beans and put them into rapid rooters. They should sprout by Monday. The great thing is ..... by the time they sprout and are ready for more light. The Veg box will be empty and I can put them right into the veg box under 400 watts. They should take off instead of just suffering in pergatory (in the clone box) under the T5's.

I do have to wait to flower long enough to allow my LA Kush to get just a bit bigger. I want to take some clones from her. But, I also want to leave enough plant to be able toss her into flower (still a decent size). I don't want to lose the genetics. I really really like the awy the LA Kush came out. I really like to smoke it and a buddy and his wife (MMJ patients) really like it too.

Thanks Wiz ..... got it.

I checked on the drying plants and they appear to be fairly dry. I took them all down and snipped all the buds off the stems and put them into turkey trays. Then stuck them into my drying racks. They'll sit in there for a few days and then into the jars. I weighed what I have and it came out to 6 ounces. That's not bad. I was hoping for more. But that'll do. The buds this time are much denser and better quality than my last batch. So, I am more than happy with the results. A little disapointed with weight. But, It'll last me a long time. And, it seems like it'll be fairly dank .... time will tell. I think my failure her is CO2. I bet they would fatten up more with more CO2. This is just a theory. But, I had twice as many plants in there. And, they used up twice as much CO2. So, that could be part of the problem.

I have read that to much co2 at or near the end of flower can actually be bad for them causing reduced resin production and slowing flower development. Jon705 uses co2 in a sealed room but I believe he stops it about 3weeks before harvest.
I also read you get the most out of co2 during veg state. but hey I could be wrong and thats most of the time:)

I ran my new grow (first journal still) with out co2 and Im seeing remarkable results. Only in week 2 of flower. And I have alot more plants then my last grow. But I do keep my closet door open as well. So that maybe the difference. My new theory with growing is keep them healthy and dont over do it & you will be happy in about 3months.

Well mine is a sealed box. it has vents at the bottom that allows air in. and, a 500 CFM fan pushing air out. You'd think that it gets plenty of CO2 .... but, With six plants in the box, it's pretty crowded in there. Anyway, we were talking about it ealier today. The thinking was that they are using it up faster than the fan can vent in new CO2 .... but, that's just theory. I'm still not doing something quite right (for my environment). I just need to figure what that is. For now, what I'm doing will work just fine to keep me in meds.

There's plenty of air flow. I have huge negative pressure, and it replaces the air really well. I just don't think the concentration of CO2 inside the box is really ever high enough to encourage really large growth.

Back
Top Bottom