My 1st Indoor Grow - Advice Welcome

Re: My 1st Indoor Grow...All Help Appreciated

Thanks for subscribing everyone...looking forward to this grow...I've taken kingjohns advice and put my lights 5-6 inches above the tops and running all 8 bulbs and the plants seem to be loving it...so what exactly is the reason of having 3500k lights when I have the 6500k already? Isnt that a downgrade? Also is there an ideal distance for these seedlings to be away from the light i currently have them outside of the tent...lastly, how often should pictures be posted? I was thinking of posting pictures weekly so you can see the progress...thanks again

1) 6500 Kelvin or cool white Florescent light bulbs are best used for vegetative growth. 2700-3500 Kelvin or warm white Florescent light bulbs are best used for flowering.

2) Your growth and yields will be superior under the 600 watt High Intensity Discharge ballast.

3) Florescent light bulbs are best positioned 5"-6" from the canopy to allow sufficient room for growth and air space.

4) Here are lumen versus distance charts that may aid you for Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light bulbs.

You may be able to lower your light. Place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat and move the light above your canopy to that height.

Here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

5) I find it best to update my Grow Journal and Reviews every 3-4 days with new photographs to track your plants progress and keep peoples interests high.

Re: My 1st Indoor Grow...All Help Appreciated

1) 6500 Kelvin or cool white Florescent light bulbs are best used for vegetative growth. 2700-3500 Kelvin or warm white Florescent light bulbs are best used for flowering.

2) Your growth and yields will be superior under the 600 watt High Intensity Discharge ballast.

3) Florescent light bulbs are best positioned 5"-6" from the canopy to allow sufficient room for growth and air space.

4) Here are lumen versus distance charts that may aid you for Metal Halide and High Pressure Sodium light bulbs.

You may be able to lower your light. Place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat and move the light above your canopy to that height.

Here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

5) I find it best to update my Grow Journal and Reviews every 3-4 days with new photographs to track your plants progress and keep peoples interests high.

You always have the best charts and info man! +1 :)

When necessary I use a Honeywell cool mist humidifier to raise the humidity in my grow area. The Honeywell cool mist humidifier has a large reservoir reducing daily labor of refilling the water reservoir.

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_11-19-2013_-_011.JPG

But what about when flowering when using a 600w hps...the tent will most definitely be in the 90s...and I read somewhere that temps for flower should be around 68 and humidity for flower should be in the 30s...my humidity hasn't gone under 50%...whats the best way to keep the temp and humidity down for flower...although mine are in veg im just trying to get everything ready beforehand...

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. If in flower your the humidity levels in your flower area are consistently above 50% humidity I would use a dehumidifier to reduce the humidity levels placed in the area where your intake air is. The easiest way to reduce your grow area temperature and humidity level is with proper cooling and air exchange for your grow area regulated by a master controller.

Here is a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer that is in use in several of my Grow Journal and Reviews

(Click on the photograph for a direct link to the product)

https://sunlightsupply.com Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

The Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer can control a fan, either a humidifier or dehumidifier and control CO2.

Here are some videos from Joey at PerfectGardens.com that may explain cooling and air exchange better

[video=youtube;TX30MJJV804]
[/video]

[video=youtube;pSgZD6xf6EA]
[/video]

[video=youtube;OIFLfFwMH7k]
[/video]

[video=youtube;9owgHHkNBj8]
[/video]

Very awesome journal and ladies NUTE! Growing some cool strains as well, can't wait to see how those Northern Lights turn out.... been wanting to grow Northern Lights ever since I got interested in growing... Basically impossible to find clones of it in Denver haha.

Anyways, definitely subbed to this journal! Can't wait to see these ladies grow!

And your lights look pretty good, but just for reference, when dealing with Clones and Seedlings your CFL's should be over 6 inches away. I have a DIY Light and Hood set up in my grow room currently, and I had it about 2 inches away from the clones and they got bad heat stress within two hours. Heat Stress does not make the babies look happy haha):

Anyways! Good job and good luck sir!

Back
Top Bottom