5 gallon buckets
fox farms ocean forest soil
4 ft T5 w/ 8-54 watt bulbs
2-Jack Herer clones
2-GDP clones
1-Northern Lights clone
1-Chem 4 OG seedling started from Cali connection seed
1-Blackwater seedling started from Cali connection seed

First time doing this indoors and im confused about the lights...how far should they be from the clones and how far should they be from the seedlings which barely broke through the soil today...will post pictures shortly...trying to figure out how to work this grow journal as well

Re: My 1st Indoor Grow...All Help Appreciated

1414260698803.jpg
1414260761903.jpg

And should I be using all 8 bulbs or just 4...if only 4 which do you recommend the 4 in the middle or the two on each side?

I don't believe there is such a thing as too much light when you're using T5's. I use them myself. I think I would try to get some different spectrums and use those all at once. 4 65K and 4 35K.

Yeah mine are 6500k...I will put on all 8 bulbs and I already lowered the light so its about 3-4 inches above the tips...should I put the seedlings in here as well and should I put them as close as the rest?

Seedlings don't really need that much light in my opinion......nor nutrients until the 2nd or 3rd set of leaf nodes appear.

Nice clean setup dude! Sub'd

Subbed! Loving the tent set up man, can't wait to see how these bloom :)

Thanks for subscribing everyone...looking forward to this grow...I've taken kingjohns advice and put my lights 5-6 inches above the tops and running all 8 bulbs and the plants seem to be loving it...so what exactly is the reason of having 3500k lights when I have the 6500k already? Isnt that a downgrade? Also is there an ideal distance for these seedlings to be away from the light i currently have them outside of the tent...lastly, how often should pictures be posted? I was thinking of posting pictures weekly so you can see the progress...thanks again

from what I have been told, the 6500k is ideal for flowering, and the 25-35k is more ideal for veg. But I have also been told you can use both mixed with no harm done. Im trying them both mixed for my 2nd grow now

from what I have been told, the 6500k is ideal for flowering, and the 25-35k is more ideal for veg. But I have also been told you can use both mixed with no harm done. Im trying them both mixed for my 2nd grow now

You have that completely backwards my friend. The bluer the spectrum (6500k) is best for veg because the blue light stimulates the growth in the stems and leaves. The lower red and orange purple spectrums are best for flowering.

So I can use my T5s to flower if I switch the bulbs? I already bought a 600 watt hps with the ballast...which works better?

Yes, you can use T5 to flower... technically, you can use the same bulb throughout, but you'd be BETTER OFF using the 6500 bulbs for veg and get some 2700 bulbs for flower. If you already have the HPS.... and you can successfully deal with the extra heat generated, then definitely go with the HPS, at least for flower.

My current grow space I could never run HPS of any wattage (cab too small, would get too hot unless I also ran air conditioning. would hate to see my electric bill then LOL.

Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom