My 1st Medical Grow - Thanks To NukeHeads

Actually a bud wash will slow the process down a day or two for drying them. I think it helps leads to better results by slowing the process down. Just my opinion.

Jay, you will always get mixed opinions on bud washing and drying, especially on Youtube. Hell, ask 10 growers on this forum and I bet you get at least 8 different answers. Bottom line, pick one that you can try with your means and give it a go. Next time, depending on how the results of the 1st one were for you, either repeat if it was great or try another method. Repeat until you find the method that works for you brother. I like the fridge method also known and slow and low. Not everyone can have their weed in the fridge though so do what works for you.

My fridge is a perfect place since it's just me and my dog.

Sorry I'm just confused. Now that I bid washed and hung them. I should wait 5 days and then put in the fridge in a brown paper bag for about how long Van. I would like your opinion on this. Thank you my friend!

Jay, if your room humidity is too high, you can put your buds in a paper bag and put them in your fridge for a week to 10 days. Your fridge will have a lower humidity level than what you said yours is. The bonus is every time you go grab something the fridge, you get a big wiff of what you will enjoying in a few weeks

Here is my method.....works for me and my situation.

1. Bud wash
2. Hang dry for 2-3 days
3. Do final trim
4. Bag and in the fridge for 7-10 days. (keeping them on their stems will slow the drying process down which is good)
5. Cut the buds off the stems and into jars, for curing
6. Burp the buds daily for a week. (I usually do one day where I empty the jar on a tray where I allow an even 'airing out' for about 20-30 minutes before going back into the jar)
7. Burp every 2-3 days for 2 more weeks. (Note: when you open your jars for the burping, you should still be able to feel a bit of moisture in the buds, they shouldn't be crispy....if they feel crispy, you have over dried a bit. Simple fix....throw a Boveda 62 or two of them in there depending on the size of your jar. They will fix you right up.)
8. Smoke when ready. The longer you cure the better Jay. I just opened a jar of Blueberry bud that I have had sitting in a jar for 7 months.....holy shit dude. Smell was incredible and the smoke was so smooth I thought something was wrong and I wasn't getting any of the smoke from my bong. I had to blow all the smoke out to confirm it was working....it was that smooth. Several hits and not even the slightest urge to cough. It was good when I last tried it in July/August. Its way better now!

A good dry and cure will do that for you. It would be a shame to spend the last 4-5 months working so hard to not spend a couple weeks to make it worth it. That hay or grass smell is common when you trim. It will go away with a good dry and cure.

So after 5 days of hanging. I put in the jar? How long would leave in jar until I can smoke? Or can I smoke it in 5 days from now?

It may take a day or two less or longer as well... It completely depending on environment and plant. If you think the plants seem dry put one in a grinder and see if it will grind up if it does jar it. If it goop's up to the point it needs help getting through it's not ready.

Jay, if your room humidity is too high, you can put your buds in a paper bag and put them in your fridge for a week to 10 days. Your fridge will have a lower humidity level than what you said yours is. The bonus is every time you go grab something the fridge, you get a big wiff of what you will enjoying in a few weeks

1. Bud wash
2. Hang dry for 2-3 days
3. Do final trim
4. Bag and in the fridge for 7-10 days. (keeping them on their stems will slow the drying process down which is good)
6. Burp the buds daily for a week. (I usually do one day where I empty the jar on a tray where I allow an even 'airing out' for about 20-30 minutes before going back into the jar)
7. Burp every 2-3 days for 2 more weeks. (Note: when you open your jars for the burping, you should still be able to feel a bit of moisture in the buds, they shouldn't be crispy....if they feel crispy, you have over dried a bit. Simple fix....throw a Boveda 62 or two of them in there depending on the size of your jar. They will fix you right up.)
8. Smoke when ready. The longer you cure the better Jay. I just opened a jar of Blueberry bud that I have had sitting in a jar for 7 months.....holy shit dude. Smell was incredible and the smoke was so smooth I thought something was wrong and I wasn't getting any of the smoke from my bong. I had to blow all the smoke out to confirm it was working....it was that smooth. Several hits and not even the slightest urge to cough. It was good when I last tried it in July/August. Its way better now!

A good dry and cure will do that for you. It would be a shame to spend the last 4-5 months working so hard to not spend a couple weeks to make it worth it. That hay or grass smell is common when you trim. It will go away with a good dry and cure.
Thanks for jumping in Van. I get nervous trying to tell others how to do things with me still being a newbie myself. Gaining more confidence in what I'm doing in my garden but others gardens is still nerve racking. Maybe one day

1. Bud wash
2. Hang dry for 2-3 days
3. Do final trim

Van. Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I'm going to follow your method. I look up to you. You have been awesome to me and I can't thank you enough.

I will be updating you all constantly until a bud is in my makeshift pipe! I'm so excited to have ganja again! I'm going to clean my grow room and go for it again!! I'm going to do an auto and also a reg seed or maybe three of them so I have 4 going on my next venture.

:)

Thank you again. I'm like a kid in candy store!!! I can wait it out 2 more weeks! This is going to be amazing!!

420s back!!

Ok so while my life line was offline - this is as far as I got, and I see that I messed up by cutting the buds off the stems before putting it in brown paperbag. Does this mean i keep it in the fridge less time?
1. Bud wash Check!!
2. Hang dry for 2-3 days Check!!
3. Do final trim (Messed up! I trimmed the buds off the stems)
1st day in paper bag...

This is how much came off the nuke

No worries Jay, it will be fine. It might make it dry a day faster. It will be fine. Like I said before, if you ask 10 different people for their drying and curing method, you will get 10 different answers.

No worries Jay, it will be fine. It might make it dry a day faster. It will be fine. Like I said before, if you ask 10 different people for their drying and curing method, you will get 10 different answers.

Very true! But I rather ask you!
BTW we are on day 60 of the ATF I will take more photos - but those buds are hard as a rock- I'm amazed! She is very hairy though. I'm guessing that is a good thing ?

Good morning!

Please kick back and enjoy my pics!!

Update!!!

So this is my ATF - She has been with no nutes for 1 week now - I'm a little nervous because some of her leaves are browning and getting crispy - I'm sure it's normal - I'm just nervous because this would be my second successful harvest thanks to all of you!

I can't wait to smoke the nuke!! I'm following your directions Van! So far perfect. I will be taking the buds out of the fridge later today because the out side is starting to become cripsy.

I can't wait to smoke the nuke!! I'm following your directions Van! So far perfect. I will be taking the buds out of the fridge later today because the out side is starting to become cripsy.
Hi JayandFun wish I had hopped aboard sooner. Let us know how it turned out. We just chopped out Nuke

Good morning!

Please kick back and enjoy my pics!!

Update!!!

So this is my ATF - She has been with no nutes for 1 week now - I'm a little nervous because some of her leaves are browning and getting crispy - I'm sure it's normal - I'm just nervous because this would be my second successful harvest thanks to all of you!

Ok.....the outside will become crispy, thats natural in the process. You want to draw the moisture out from the inside. How many days have they been in the fridge?

Whats going to happen, is you are going to put them in a jar and then all the moisture in the middle will get pulled to the outside and your bud will feel damp again. The slow and low method in the fridge works if you give it the time.

I would also consider giving her a bit of a feeding Jay. I think you stopped feeding her a bit too soon if you stopped when you stopped on the Nukehead. I think you are about 10-15 days from chop on the ATF an she could have benefited from another week or two of feedings.

Don't worry, it will be fine but its my recommendation is in the future stop the feedings about 10 days or so before your suspected harvest time. Also you will be amazed how much weight they will pack on the last couple weeks.

I can't wait until the app is fixed! I hope all is well!

Here is an update -

ATF has been back on nutes - She exploded with new bud spots - I hope you can see in the photos.

Nukehead is just living in a jar and I'm burping it for 5 more days before I smoke it. (Still has a small fresh cut hay smell)

Back
Top Bottom