My 2017 Outdoor Soil Gurls

09 May 17, Thursday....

A month old and the gurls are coming along fine. The rest but 2 will get their last taste of the LED. I'm keeping Tiny and one of the Triplets inside till the solstice or they out grow the space. These two will get potted up today. The rest will go outside this week. The temps are finally getting to average around here which is in the 70's.

They got fed on Saturday since the soil was a little dry on top. None had any run off so I guess they needed it.

As you can see by the pics we are 2 short. They went outside yesterday before a cold rain. One in the back forty and the other down by the lake. I wanted to test their resilience. If they pass then I'll know that the rest will make it as the temps rise. I'll check on the one when I walk the line this afternoon.

So the only other thing to do is decide to trim a few fan leafs (which are blocking the side shoots) off the two that I'm keeping. It's the only real trimming they will get.

Pics of what's left....

IMG_096145.JPG

IMG_096044.JPG

IMG_095937.JPG

Well good morning there LadyV. Glad to see your still around.

Yes, those are the same set. Picked up a few more before the rift and they were removed from 420. At our level I still believe them to be a better set.

Those gurls are waaaay late for outdoor planting but they will go outside none the less. I am glad to see Tiny sprouting up like that. This is my third attempt to produce some quality meds from growing outside up in New England. Those north of the boarder have been doing it forever now. Which is why I got my beans from then. We'll see.

I forgot to ask would this be a good meter to get? Jellas Pocket Size PH Meter / PH Tester / Mini Water Quality Tester for Household Drinking Water, Hydroponics, Aquariums, Swimming Pools, PH 0-14.0 Measuring Range, 0.1PH Resolution (Yellow)

What would be a decent priced ppm meter?

I forgot to ask would this be a good meter to get? Jellas Pocket Size PH Meter / PH Tester / Mini Water Quality Tester for Household Drinking Water, Hydroponics, Aquariums, Swimming Pools, PH 0-14.0 Measuring Range, 0.1PH Resolution (Yellow)

What would be a decent priced ppm meter?

I did as we all should do when reviewing a product. I axed my friend google...LOL. All products are trial and error. I saw more positive reviews then negative which tells me it's a decent product. I use the "HM Digital". It did me good. The only thing I would say is to test it in solution weekly and/or before every use. Get some testing/calibrating solution. This is all if ph is an issue for you. It is for all of us....LOL.

Hidie Hoe folks...LOL.

Nothing going on but the rent. All gurls have been moved outdoors. In all we 10 plants in various places through out the mountains...LOL. Already seeing signs of those dam little green bugs. Want to get on them ASAP.

Any ideas for outside plants in the back forty?

As always, stay frosty my friends....

Update...lol.. Well sorta.

Been reaching out for input. The below is edited from my question on another thread. Then I'll add comments pertinent to my tread.

The question was regarding how much sun should the plants get during the day. Yea, yea 12/12 in hydro. But in hydro we're controlling that. What's the magic number when they are outside? Plant location and how much shading is important in this regard.

"Ok so let me start here since one of my issues is shading. I've read that our gurls should be in 10-12 hours of sunlight. Last two years sucked for that...new state and new property. The lake spot is getting the worse sun but a better spot due to wondering eyes. Unfortunately it's sun path is north to south on a hill side. At least it's down slope is on the east side. I've given up on the back forty. What appears as a good clearing during the fall and winter turns out to be shaded by tall Maples in the summer. That leaves me with 3 gurls in 5 gallon pots on the front of the property. My best spots are within eye sight of the road and tenants who live on the property. My property my shit but don't need to start anything. So I have them tucket in a hemlock grove. This spot has sun from sun up to about 1700. If this spot turns out to be the one then I'll move the best 2 into the area so I can pay more attention to them?

How much sun do I need to get on these gurls?

Another rainy cloudy day in New England but wait a minute it will change.

Recap...
Started with 10 plants. Actually attempted to pop 13 but three didn't germ. 3 of the gurls were planted in the soil and the remaining went into 5 gallon pots. The ones that failed were the soil gurls. Had pest problems right at the start. Didn't find any viable answers to my questions so I went for a low quality pest product from a box store. Seems to work for the little critters but nothing on the bigger ones like spiders and catipillers. So I just make more frequent trips to check on them.

Sunlight is the biggest problem. Working on it...lol.

My next few questions should be about topping. I've also noticed from others that some shoring up needs to be done. This may be a problem because they are in pots. The only other option is to keep them short. Keep topping till the solstice. I prefer the pots right now till I nail down my sun issues. I think I still have some time. And of course that brings us to the question of trimming them fan leaves. I'll wait till the rain moves on, give them a day or two to recoup then give them a gentle hair cut. I hope to have some input by then.

I'll get out to the site for pictures tomorrow and post up.

Comments, questions and input is always greatly appreciated.

FOr pests, you thought about just getting your hands on some neem oil? Its cheap and lasts a long time since its to be mixed by the teaspoon with water and soap. Supposed to be fairly effective for dealing with pests. Cant remember if pesticidal or repellent or both, but giving a spray down with that when you check up on your plants could be a good call

FOr pests, you thought about just getting your hands on some neem oil? Its cheap and lasts a long time since its to be mixed by the teaspoon with water and soap. Supposed to be fairly effective for dealing with pests. Cant remember if pesticidal or repellent or both, but giving a spray down with that when you check up on your plants could be a good call

What's up Jurf... Thanks for chimming in.

Yep, got some neem oil last week. It does great for the little critters but am still finding spiders and catipillars. No worries. Between the home front and the lake I can make more regular visits.

I need to get some pics posted so I can get the input on them.

Here in Oregon, if they are out in June its ok. Before memo day, sun is to red and will cause pre flowers that can stunt growth and throw you about a month behind. NE should be close, I'm just above 47th parallel.

Cheers

Looking great, nice colors on your larger one's. Smaller one's will come along soon enough.

Cheers

So potted up my best 2 gurls. 50/50 mix of good ole new England soil and bag stuff...LOL. Nectar of the Gods... Got a third gurl that may get potted up next weekend. All the gurls got fresh soil and tomato hangers. Everyone had dried soil so they all got a gallon of water. Will apply some foliar feeding once the sun dips below the trees. No mishaps...LOL. Will feed them mid week.

Pics...

IMG_101044.JPG

IMG_100946.JPG

IMG_100848.JPG

IMG_100741.JPG

IMG_100647.JPG

IMG_100538.JPG

IMG_100443.JPG

IMG_100349.JPG

IMG_100247.JPG

IMG_100145.JPG

Longest day in the northern hemisphere...yea...lol. Let the training begin. Wire ties at the ready. Plan is to top the biggest gurl once she reaches the top of the cage. Meanwhile everyone gets the LST treatment. Not sure exactly when bloom starts but will LST till then.

Input...

Crazy About that flower, but all looking great. Nice bikes too.

Cheers

Crazy About that flower, but all looking great. Nice bikes too.

Cheers

I know right...LOL. So what kind of shit is that. Her upward growth slowed down to nothing but that top cola started filling in last week. And she's only about 3 feet tall. Didn't even notice the pistels till last night when I was bending down the side shoots. Hopefully she runs her full term and I'll have one hellofa top cola. We'll see.

So they all will get 1/2 gallon each of nutrients. Got to get to the gurls on the lake and put the tomato vines in and LST them.

Having fun at this point.

Keep'em Green and as always Smok'em if you Got'em....

Back
Top Bottom