My 2nd LED Indoor Grow - White Widow x Big Bud & Assorted Supporting Cast

It has become very obvious that the buds growing on the side of the tent with the Vipar are far smaller and less developed than those under the LED that shall not be named. The WWXBB under the Vipar is the auto-topped (it topped itself) and was the most vigorous of them all. I'm wondering if this disparity in development is due to the light or the phenotype. The Quick one Auto, which uses both lights, is fairly even, but is regularly rotated. I'm going to swap the lights over and see if that makes a difference. This is going to be an awkward job as I can't fit into the tent any more and means it will have to be done by leaning in through the flaps.

The temps have turned much colder with the tent dropping down to 16 C (60 F) today as they slept. It's a shame they aren't closer to ready as this would bring out some interesting colours in the WWXBBs.

I've just ordered a larger exhaust fan with a capacity of 540 cubic metres per hour and I'm very confident that this will fix my humidity issues as, even allowing 20% for the filter, I should be exchanging the air in the tent 2 1/2 times every minute! I've been leaving the flaps open slightly during their day and have managed to keep the rh to between 40 and 45%, but that means I have to set my alarm to get up and close them as she goes to sleep at 7 am and I usually go to sleep around 3 am, plus they are starting to get really stinky!

As an experiment, I turned off the pissy PC fan I have running on extract and just left the fan I recently bought running. The rh sat at a steady 70% (the cooler temps mean the tent is sitting at less than 25 C - 77 F). Switching the pc back on brought it down to 65% So the more powerful fan will definitely do the job.

Hey Pennywise, do you think it's too late to start changing one branch to male? They are currently on day 25 of flower and I'm thinking of creating a male flower from a lower, small bud on the most vigorous WWXBB and pollinating a small bud on the next most vigorous and the auto. However, I think I may be too late for this.

Speaking of the auto, I just supercropped a couple of buds on her to allow some light into the centre of the plant and they are just pure flower all the way down the branch. Shame all the pistils turn green when I mess around with the colour balance.
WIN_20170426_23_23_52_Pro.jpg

Yes, you actually start treating with colloidal silver or STS the day you flip your lights. What it does is inhibits the production of ethylene which is needed to produce pistilate flowers. When the female flower doesnt form then the plant will produce staminate flowers or pollen sacs.

Yes, you actually start treating with colloidal silver or STS the day you flip your lights. What it does is inhibits the production of ethylene which is needed to produce pistilate flowers. When the female flower doesnt form then the plant will produce staminate flowers or pollen sacs.

Yeah, thought as much. Thanks buddy!

Oh well, at least I have clones and can do this next time around.

I agree, they are gonna be some great colas. Grow info says flower for 5 to 6 weeks. I think that is as reliable as 59 days from seed to harvest with this girl as she is on day 28 of flower today and there is no way she will be ready in 2 weeks!

On another note, I thought I might just mention that I have only changed DWC res #1 twice and res #2 three times throughout the entire grow to date. And I certainly wouldn't have been able to do that without the TDS meter and the chart of res issues you posted here earlier which you used for your last grow. Cheers for that!:thumb: I've either been adding water, straight nutes or diluted nutes depending on their situation at the time and occasionally tweaking the ph and it it seems to be working like a charm.

The longer they go the better though. .

Don't forget, the grow info also said average yield of 45 g so I definitely ain't complaining and she also seems to be doing really well on 12/12. In fact, she is acting very much like a photo. I now think I won't be chopping her until a week or so before the WWXBBs. As for the mystery girl, my interested has completely evaporated and I've been tempted to rip all three here and now. They are the same as in my first grow, which in some ways is somewhat of a relief as my confidence really took a battering with that grow.

Im using base nutes and some beneficial microbes, not an extensive line up. Thats the problem with polyhybrids you never know whats gonna pop out of the soil.

Hey Pennywise, do you think it's too late to start changing one branch to male? They are currently on day 25 of flower and I'm thinking of creating a male flower from a lower, small bud on the most vigorous WWXBB and pollinating a small bud on the next most vigorous and the auto. However, I think I may be too late for this.

Speaking of the auto, I just supercropped a couple of buds on her to allow some light into the centre of the plant and they are just pure flower all the way down the branch. Shame all the pistils turn green when I mess around with the colour balance.
WIN_20170426_23_23_52_Pro.jpg

I just measured the stems I super cropped and the one on the left is 11 inches and the one on the right is 10.

At least that's what's visible and where I bent them.

So, my new super duper extractor arrived today - dual speed, 415 cubic metres per hour on low, 565 cubic metres on high. That should do the trick!

Only problem is the 6 inch ducting hasn't arrived yet. Oh well! I've dismantled the other extractor anyway and removed the carbon filter, which will need to be modified to fit the 6 inch ducting. It's pointless installing the new extractor in situ without ducting anyway, so I've set it up on the floor at one of the inlet ports and will try it and see what happens. I'm just waiting for the tent to warm up and the rh to rise before I switch it on.

Damn, on low it's sucking in the sides of the tent so that they look like Louis Armstrong's cheeks.
When I turned the fan on it was 24.3 C (75.74 F) with an RH of 72%.

Two minutes later it was 23.7 C (74.66 F) with an rh of 41%. I can live with that :)

Back
Top Bottom