My 5th Grow SLH & Gold Leaf

Day 11ish - Put the root riots into the Hempy Buckets about 11/12 days ago and seeing some progress on one of the two SLH that is very pleasing.
Chatting with @FelipeBlu and feel like doing a little pre FIM'ing LST called Pony Tailing. Will post some pictures as that progresses.

The other little one is looking really pitiful.
It had major difficulty shedding it's shell and is looking rather mutated in the moment. Will just have to wait it out and let it recover.

Poor Baby!
:green_heart:

As we have discussed, but for the benefit of anyone else who doesn’t already know, the difficulty with shedding the seed shell is typically the result of the seed not being in the optimum position when inserted into the medium.

If one inspects the seed, a flat end and a pointed end can be discerned. The flat end is a hinge, and the pointed end opens to let the tap root out.

When the root emerges, it is programmed to turn 180 degrees to embed itself into the medium. Orienting the seed with the hinge side up will cost the sprout valuable energy to re-orient the root.

Once anchored, the sprout pulls the apical meristem out of the medium. Ideally, the friction of the medium will then pull off the shell. That’s the design, at least..
:passitleft:

A little update. In consultation with @FelipeBlu I was reminded of a technique that might be beneficial to the type of future training and growth desired. PonyTailing.

The idea is to temporarily lightly bind the more prominent leaves up in a " ponytail" like fashion to encourage the lower nodes and branches to grow more. Since I'm planing on FIM'ing these plants and LST the lower branches to encourage a larger bushier growth.

So here is SLH 2.1 in process.
After one day of ponytailing this is the results so far.

It does appear that 2.1 might have already reached the hempy reservoir also.

Still struggling along SLH 2.2. I'm hoping that once it hits the reservoir it make a difference in it's recovery.

If 2.2 doesn’t get her meristem figured out soon, the growth from the first nodes is going to overtake it! Almost looks like a triploid.
o_O

I'm not exactly sure what to do about this. Part of me feels it's time to drop another SLH seed and replace this with one that will grow right. I want two strong and healthy SLH for this grow harvest.

Seems logical.

On the other hand, she might surprise you with lots of branching growth, without the need for topping. Your nutes don’t cost much, and she won’t hog much light for another couple of weeks..
:green_heart:

Thanks, Both opinions are viable. I think I will drop another seed in water and if this one turns around I still will only have three plants in the flower tent.

I guess I'm also a bit disappointed with my germination efforts with the Gold Leaf seeds. I have another three seeds(the last) in water now for more than 72hrs and no pop yet.

I have followed the germination process suggested by 420 and exactly as I did the first two seeds I dropped and seeing no results from the remaining 8seeds I had.

I'm really enjoying the Gold Leaf I have grown and really want to keep it going. It's a fantastic high and awesome medicine.

I figure it may recover, however I had wanted two viable healthy plants to test some yield ideas we have been chatting about.

I haven't contacted 420 yet. Will wait another couple of days with the current seeds in water. Their instructions is to wait for the seeds to pop in water and show a tap and put directly into soil.

Back
Top Bottom