My 5th Grow SLH & Gold Leaf

Wow! Has it already been eight days since I did the flip on the girls? Guess so and they are coming alive.
I'd say in the moment this is all one could ever ask for. Beautiful.

Some of the tips of the leaves are looking a bit burned on the left plant. Any reason that one is different?
That's something that @FelipeBlu and I wondered about last week while he was here. There doesn't seem to be an apparent reason that we can figure out. Nutrient levels are just right at the correct levels, pH is correct for hempy growing, lights are at the correct distance and the temp and humidity are in the perfect zone.

It appears to me that the slight burn is on the tips of leaves that are at least a couple of weeks old. The newer growth looks fine.

Yes, that was the opinion that we shared last week. A wait and see thing, especially since it's going into stretch and may have different feeding needs now.

Almost three weeks into stretch and things are happening fast now. First up slowpoke 2.1 who showed such great promise in the beginning is finally making some progress.
2.2 has been going like gangbusters since before the switch and that has only improved with time.

Just a catch up picture from the 23rd of both of them together.

These are supposed to be the same strain Gold Leaf. They could be SLH given that I originally thought that's what the were. However the leaves were so broad and big early on, so who knows actually.

I think I might have a problem.o_O:sorry: I've currently been out in the garage measuring spaces for a 4x4 tent.:cool:
Gorilla Grow has a 4x4x6'7" for $231.:p Hummmmm! Are there meetings for this???:rolleyes:

:lot-o-toke:Problem is I can't use all that I currently have. Might have to start giving more away. :passitleft:

Day 24 since Flip. Watering this morning. Each took a around 1.5liters with a little runoff. I feel I have really hit a sweet spot with the watering every two days. This amount of water/nute consumption has been settling into a fairly consistent amount. With the watering I move, switch positions and rotate each plant.

Both together. Closeups of each individually show buds really beginning to form nicely. 2.1 is the smaller one. and 2.2 the monster.
Both are healthy and happy. Since the last watering I can definitely see strong effort in bud formation and building.

I installed a smart plug last week. It's connected to my Amazon Alexa for control, but it's own program that measures the electrical consumption and charts it.

Currently the Flowering Tent has been using approximately 3.5kW's per day. Works out to about 100kW a month. Base rate here in SD is $.22 per kW and 2nd tier is $.39. If I go over the 228kW use the 2nd tier will kick in for the overage. At $.39 kW, my monthly cost is about $39 per month for the two light flowering grow period. The Veg tent only has a single Mini so it's consumption is about half.

It's nice to have the option to monitor use and put a definitive cost to grow.

Brother @FelipeBlu down for a quick visit to handle family business. He was able to participate and fondle the girls a bit on Sunday night the 10th of March. That marked the 4th week since the flip. Current harvest is projected for the end of April. About 6-7 wks more.

The consensus is in that these look and smell like Gold Leaf.

Getting ready to drop a Triple Cheese and two SLH's to germinate and get started. Planning on a 8wks veg cycle. That will allow a tent to be open at harvest time for drying.

Just a day short of 6 weeks since the Flip on February 10th. Have been seeing what appeared to be some sort of deficiency. It's finally been ID's as Potassium (K). Recently change the formula and it has really become apparent.
I actually feel that it had this problem since perhaps the flip. It would explain a lot of little mysteries.

8 Weeks - 56 days and we have an Amber Alert on 2.2. Just a few Trichomes turning Amber on the top two colas. But it's moving into harvest time very soon. I prepared the Veg/Drying Tent this morning. Will give her a couple of more days of watching to see if more appear.

I hosted a gathering of Southern California 420 Forum members last night and had an opportunity to share viewing my flowering girls after lights came on last night. Over all opinion was 2.2 is ready for harvest and so after a watering she went into the harvest/drying tent for a couple three days of darkness. 2.1 is still looking a little immature so she takes center stage until she is ready.

Funny conversations came out of our gathering last night relating to use of tap/filtered water over RO. It seems that my issues with this grow and nutrient needs changes when I started using the RO. Previous grows and the veg cycle of this grow had no issues. It seems counter intuitive to have issues with known nutrient values in RO, and have little to no issues with water of unknown nutrient quantities. Perhaps it was a concept of making a change over? Don't think so. Who Knows, weird science.

Back
Top Bottom