My 5th Grow SLH & Gold Leaf

I drank out of the fridge dispenser and the sink cold water dispenser. Should I call an ambulance?

Well, ya did make it through the night, so an ambulance probably isn’t necessary. But it did measure 700ppm at one time..

How does it compare taste wise with LA’s finest?

So! I moved the GL 2.2 into darkness on Sunday night and will keep it there until finished with harvest. Here are some pictures.

First is a picture of the nutrient issue I was having.
The only thing I can figure is the change over from Tap water to RO.

Here are some full plant pictures:

The buds are large, tight and thick. I had some amber happening on the tips of some of the tallest colas.

One thing I noticed with this grow was the sugar leaves didn't get near as much frostiness as previous grows have. Also the smell was lighter. I feel this grow didn't live up to it's fullest potential. We shall see when the final weight comes in as I jar them up.

Still some confusion as to which strain I grew. I thought these two were SLH to begin with. Then I thought perhaps I got the little cups mixed up and was growing GL because of the early tight node spacing and very thick leaves. In the end the node spacing on this grow was much more like SLH. However the smell was much more like GL. Hate that I messed that part up initally. Hopefully will be able to taste the difference.

I had a couple of major distractions happen at the beginning of February that put me off my intense interest in growing. One was a major surgery. The other was a death in the family. Both kind of knocked me back a bit from paying attention to this grow.

I cut down and defoliated 2.2 of the fans this morning. I will let it hang a day then start wet trimming the individual branches. This plant is not going to yield like I had wanted. I will be lucky to get an ounce of smoking buds out of this one I think. I left way too much secondary growth going and it produced very little of course. Might have taken away from the primary colas. But it was an experiment to see what a natural grow would be like.

Definitely need to LST branches outward early on. Defoliation in veg a 2-3 of weeks before flip. Remove secondary growth early on and continually. Perhaps defoliation as stretch ends but lightly up top. Concentrate on the top colas, and get rid of the fluff down low. Simple actually.

Hey Bro! :high-five:

It was a difficult time indeed. Sometimes life gets too complicated to let us focus on any one thing very long.

This grow was still a great learning experience, as evidenced by your above summary and stated intentions for future grows.

I look forward to sharing the experience!

:surf:

2.1 in all her glory. Spending her final days enjoying the extra space created by sister 2.2 being harvested. It has always appeared that the buds on this plant are larger and thicker than 2.2. She was the largest for so long in the veg cycle and was only surpassed in size as they went into stretch. Except for the browning edges and tips she is a fine looking plant, though a little on the small side. Waiting for harvest.

What's your dry and cure process?

I start by letting the plant sit in darkness for a couple of days until I am ready to harvest the branches. Then cut and defoliate the fans from each branch and hang in a dark space with moderate humidity. Then after a couple of days I wet trim and clean up the buds and re-hang. Kinda at my leisure. When ready to jar at about a week from harvest I go through and clip the buds into the jar and store with Boveda. Store in the dark and burp every day for a couple of weeks and then slow down to every other day. Typically first smoke after 4-6weeks. Will Power.

Amber Alert this morning. Inspection has shown a couple of colas with some Amber trichomes so this young lady 2.1 is ready for the darkness also. Swapped her into the Veg Tent with lights out, and moved the Berry Bomb's into the big girl tent.

Now I need to get busy this morning doing the finish wet trim on 2.2 so I can be ready to harvest 2.1 on Sunday.

So a little wrap up. I dropped the seeds the middle of December and had sprouts in hempy by December 21. Flipped on February 10th, and now harvested. So a 4 month grow almost exactly.

Back
Top Bottom