My 5th Grow SLH & Gold Leaf

I keep my journals open until my smoke test if Teddy lets me. He eventually comes along and moves them.

I like doing an individual journal for each grow. It makes it much easier for me to keep track and find info that I would like to refer to. When they are moved they are still available to review.

Sat down and harvested 2.1 today. First a couple of picture before the chop.
As you can see the nute deficiency is very evident on this one also.

I will say that this one is going to produce a much higher yield. I'm guessing between 1.5 and 2oz. While I think 2.2 is going to yield under 1oz sadly. A lot of that has to do I feel with the initial growing period when 2.2 was deformed and had so much difficulty shedding it's husk.

For both of them, I feel I had some major issues with nutrient deficiency after stretch started. It would appear that I had a major change from using filtered tap water to RO with nutrients only.

Good lessons learned I hope. Though I'm not sure how to compensate for the difference in water nutrients numbers wise.

the bulk of my water is straight from the tap. I add nutrients and PH. I've really only had one issue but I dont' think it had to do with the water, I think it was user error...

Did you switch water sources in the middle of your grow?

the bulk of my water is straight from the tap. I add nutrients and PH. I've really only had one issue but I dont' think it had to do with the water, I think it was user error...

Did you switch water sources in the middle of your grow?
Yep, sure did! Came to a point of understanding that I had a huge unknown with my tap and it measures really high PPM. So thought I would try the RO approach.

I have had really successful grows in the past and this one really took a hit with the change. Not sure if I should continue with RO or just try and improve my filtration system. Adjusting the nutrient PPM should compensate for the loss of the Unknowns in the tap. Supposedly??

I don't know about the technical stuff you're measuring, ppm's. I'm in coco/ perlite and don't worry too much about ppm's. I bet the plant got shocked and just didn't recover. Whatever the reason was.

How are the new plants doing so far?

How long after switch did you see changes?

I bet if you went RO from seed or clone you'd be ok. Lotsa CalMag for RO water?

Yes I feel you are correct in the shocking of the plants and saw the results begin to develop shortly after the change over.

New plants seems to be doing well, but they are also all in the Veg cycle. Your Berrybomb clones are looking very nice and I'm doing a DynaGro vs MegaCrop comparison with them using RO. Definitely using a higher concentration of CalMg.

Final Trim and Yield for 2.2 is in and it is a surprise.

I separated this yield into 3 groups.

Top Colas - 19grams
Smoking Buds - 25grams
Edibles Larf - 14grams

44grams for smoking, 14grams for edibles. All jarred up and ready to burp and cure.

I'm actually surprised and pleased with 1.55oz of smoking material and a 1/2oz for making edibles.

Final Yield is in for 2.1 and another surprise.

Once I separated this yield into 3 groups.

Top Colas - 24grams
Smoking Buds - 17grams
Edibles Larf - 33grams

41grams for smoking, 33grams for edibles. All jarred up and ready to burp and cure.

I'm actually surprised and pleased with 1.44oz of smoking material and a 1.1oz for making edibles.

I think I will use quite a bit of the Larf from this batch for making some RSO oil. We shall see, but it's really clean it it smells so nice.

Final yield for both plants of this grow.

Colas Tops :cool:= 43grams / 1.52oz
Smoking Buds :p = 42grams / 1.48oz
Total 3oz :thumb:

Larf = 47grams / 1.66oz

Total grow weight = 4.66oz

Considering previous grows this wasn't that much less and used considerably less resources such as time spent watering and mixing nutrients.

Understanding some of the issues from this grow certainly explains a lower than hoped for results.

Several takeaways. Better Nutrition Control, especially more runoff to flush out the reservoir.
Some lower end defoliation maybe lolly popping, but especially the tertiary growth on all stems.

I will finish this particular posting with saying that I have already smoked some Larf from 2.2. Twice actually. Amazingly smooth considering no curing. Taste is a little hidden of course. Most interesting is the type of high. It's a lite high. Relaxing and easy to work with. Concentration level was nice also. Might keep some of the better larf buds for smoking after the cure. It will be interesting to sample the two side by side for sure.

Some Bud Pictures
Like my fellow grower @DrDoob I left a bit of the smaller sugars on to as he says protect the bud. I've done this lightly in the past and it nice because as I get ready to use I just pick off the leaves and keep them in the jar for edibles later.

Both of these Bud-cicles are from 2.1. She did produce some nice bud.

Do you see that big tray of Larf in the background. Yummy

This is definitely Gold Leaf a strain created by 420's Ron Bergman. There was some early confusion with potential switch of the SLH seeds. So I couldn't confirm that until the smoke testing.

It's been almost 2 months since I put this harvest into jars for curing. I tested some very early on and was extremely please with the outcome. More recently over the last three/four weeks I have been enjoying it more and now am enjoying it almost nightly.

It has a nice herbal earthy taste with different levels of subtleties depending on the quality level. The smoke is smooth and soft with a nice fragrance and aroma that isn't very dank or weedy. It provides a very nice sedative effect for relaxing that still allows the ability to enjoy a good movie with full attention. It layers up nicely after two or three bowls and provides a very restful sleep.

I separated the jars into three levels. Top Colas, Medium size tight smoking buds from below the top colas to above the larf, and Larf. Plans for the larf are mostly for edibles and oils. The medium grade for every day routine pleasure. The top most colas are large and tight. They are also very potent and rank close to the top shelf for quality of smoke.

I will consider getting some more of these seeds, possibly share a purchase with someone. I can see where this would be an awesome addition to a Dwarf mother collection if I find I can do that successfully. It was a very easy to grow experience that allowed me to experiment and get my techniques and processes dialed in.

Most definitely Gold Leaf - the high CBD level is very good for arthritis pain at the end of a long work day.
:Namaste:

Make sure to remove the sugar leaves that you left on to protect the buds before vaping/smoking - they don’t taste very good compared to the flowers.

It is time to move this journal over to the Completed Journal section of this 420 Growers Forum. It was a good grow. Not exactly my best. Didn't have any really growing issues, just had some things in real life distract me from doing the best job I could have. The smoke is very smooth with a great typical Gold Leaf flavor. It has a great high really nice and sedative yet not put you down and out. Focus and attention to watching an action movie and staying with the plot is easy.

Back
Top Bottom