420 Magazine Background

My answer to all war and environment issues caused by oil

TorturedSoul

Member of the Month: May 2009, Oct 2010, Sept 2017
There are ways to clean the "filthy buggers" up. Aprilia"s direct fuel injected 50cc scooter engine (called "Orbital") is said to be a clean-running one, and it doesn't even sound like a two-stroke engine at idle (no misfire). I assume it still has the power thing going on (in relation to its displacement).

I'd kind of like to have an electric motor on my bicycle (I could ride it again, lol). 25 mile range at 25 MPH on my hilly roads would be fine - if eight to ten hours of charging, 120VAC @ 8A or less (knob and tube wiring, extremely limited total capacity) would get the battery back to 100%. I'd like that range @ 40 MPH, lol, but then the DMV probably stops calling it a motorized bicycle.

If wishes were horses... I wouldn't be able to feed them.

Old Salt

Member of the Month: Apr 2019
There are ways to clean the "filthy buggers" up. Aprilia"s direct fuel injected 50cc scooter engine (called "Orbital") is said to be a clean-running one, and it doesn't even sound like a two-stroke engine at idle (no misfire). I assume it still has the power thing going on (in relation to its displacement).

I'd kind of like to have an electric motor on my bicycle (I could ride it again, lol). 25 mile range at 25 MPH on my hilly roads would be fine - if eight to ten hours of charging, 120VAC @ 8A or less (knob and tube wiring, extremely limited total capacity) would get the battery back to 100%. I'd like that range @ 40 MPH, lol, but then the DMV probably stops calling it a motorized bicycle.

If wishes were horses... I wouldn't be able to feed them.
I tested a Schwinn. It had a 7 mile total trip capability on one battery. I had two. They wouldn't get me to town, let alone back home.

PE636

I'm down for an electric vehicle, as in a plug in electric.. In the end all our fuel is solar, even oil and coal are essentially trapped solar energy. Getting it straight from the sun is much cleaner and eventually will be more economical. If we make it another 50 years the computers will be doing all the the driving while we lounge and smoke a joint. We can even have moving electric charging stations on the highways to recharge cars in motion!
I'd be interested in an electric pick up truck equal to my 3/4 ton diesel. I tow a lot so the torque is important and electric has all the torque from zero rpm. Has to do at least 1000 km on a charge. Right now towing my trailer that far costs 224 dollars in diesel plus about 5 dollars in DEF, and 8 bucks towards oil and filter change plus about 18 dollars for tire wear. Cutting the fuel bill even in half would be amazing. Funny thing is that the tailpipe of the diesel truck is wayyy cleaner than any car tailpipe, you could eat your lunch out of the thing.

Gazoo

Wow leave for a minute :19: :19:

What happened I remember when DIESEL was cheaper ? but that was
also around the same time they started charging to NOT Add LEAD in Regular gas
and call it UN-Leaded

Edit just looked it up maybe it was called REGULAR LEADED ? but recall it
being just called Regular gas.

Last edited:

Old Salt

Diesel is still cheaper for much of the year here. I drive one, and my generator uses it. The reason is my furnace oil can be used to fuel both in case of a long term power failure. My lawn tractor, snow blower, and weed whacker are fueled with gasoline. Battery powered implements are not currently an option due to the size of my property, and the amount of snow I have to remove.

PE636

Diesel and gas are roughly the same price per liter within a few cents here, but the mileage with the diesel is much better not to mention far more suitable for towing. My previous gas truck was getting around 23 liters per hundred km with the trailer on, and the diesel gets 17.5! Easy choice when you put on close to 100k km per year. I have a diesel tractor from 1964 for lawn mowing, snowblowing my 600' driveway , and various firewood and yardwork tasks, 35 hp, loads of torque and very rugged and simple to maintain /work on. Can't see electric replacing that anytime soon. I used to have a gas trimmer/whipper snipper for the lawn until I borrowed my parents 40 volt rechargeable one day last season.. Easily runs for an hour+ with surprising oomph, which is more than enough to trim up around the house and bushes etc in a 2 acre yard including along a few hundred feet of fence. Electric is advancing but has quite a way to go for some things.

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019
When I was young I wanted to be an electrical engineer, and it was this topic that drove me. In my studies I happened upon Nicola Tesla's work and when I realized that in 1898 he solved the energy crisis by showing us how to tap the big natural battery that is the earth, I also realized that the powers that be did not want to move us away from the petroleum based economy that we now enjoy. Solar at the current state of the technology is still a long ways from being able to solve our problem, but the non depletable charge that is formed between ionosphere and the surface of the earth could easily be tapped and used to power everything we have for free... cars would not be a problem, simply charge the roadway and use induction coils to power the vehicles traveling along its route.
Tesla died a poor and broken man because the Rockefellers, Gettys and others selling us oil had to silence him. Some day we will run out of our fossil fuels and will need to explore our first technologies again, and re-realize why the first power stations, the equidistant sets of pyramids located all over the globe, were equipped with gold capstones... to capture the energy stored by the earth each day as the sun beats down on us. Tesla's solution is simple and easy to implement, and many engineers and scientists know it exists... but they also know that for now, anyone who gets in the way of big oil will be silenced... one way or another.

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019
Let me blow your minds a bit further...
Tesla's invention makes it easy to power land based systems using stored solar energy, but what about airplanes? Do we revert back to batteries to power them?
In 1934 Michael Moray walked into the US patent office with a black box that he claimed would power the world. He disappeared... no one knows what he was working on other than it involved germanium crystals.
Think piezoelectric effect... squeeze a crystal and electricity pops out....
Did you know that some crystals are of such a shape (pyramid power) that they capture the energy from the sun? Moray had figured it out... how to get significant energy from these crystals. I imagine a day when a simple crystal (star trek's dilithium crystals?) will be able provide enough power for hand held weapons or to fly aircraft. Science fiction becomes science fact... it just takes time.

Gazoo

WOW

1569083216613.png

Here the Moray radiant energy device is providing free power to 35 100-watt lamps and a 1200-watt iron.

UrbanAchiever

Photo of the Month: Feb 2018
When I was young I wanted to be an electrical engineer, and it was this topic that drove me. In my studies I happened upon Nicola Tesla's work and when I realized that in 1898 he solved the energy crisis by showing us how to tap the big natural battery that is the earth, I also realized that the powers that be did not want to move us away from the petroleum based economy that we now enjoy. Solar at the current state of the technology is still a long ways from being able to solve our problem, but the non depletable charge that is formed between ionosphere and the surface of the earth could easily be tapped and used to power everything we have for free... cars would not be a problem, simply charge the roadway and use induction coils to power the vehicles traveling along its route.
Tesla died a poor and broken man because the Rockefellers, Gettys and others selling us oil had to silence him. Some day we will run out of our fossil fuels and will need to explore our first technologies again, and re-realize why the first power stations, the equidistant sets of pyramids located all over the globe, were equipped with gold capstones... to capture the energy stored by the earth each day as the sun beats down on us. Tesla's solution is simple and easy to implement, and many engineers and scientists know it exists... but they also know that for now, anyone who gets in the way of big oil will be silenced... one way or another.
I learned about this years ago as well. I basically lost interest in the hamster wheel we call society.

I own a shirt that says "Tesla > Edison"

Capitalism is the death of this planet. Greedy fks.

I owned a 50cc scooter and loved that thing. I actually miss it all the time. Never missed a vehicle in my life, they are just transportation devices, but the scooter was fun, efficient, and made it easy to do almost anything that didn't involve moving quantities of stuff. I will eventually buy another one.

My solution would be to raid and expose all the black budget bullshit you Americans have been paying for, over the last 50 years, and I am willing to bet the goodies we find in that mess would provide solutions to everything.

Nunyabiz

The USI (United States of Israel)
Is completely owned by big corporations, they run the country.
The ONLY possible hope is electing Bernie Sanders and wrapping him up in bullet proof coats and lock him up in the Oval Office so they cant assassinate him.

Then get about 100 Million yellow vest to completely destroy the entire corporate media propaganda, burn them down and send every alleged journalist to prison for treason.

Old Salt

WOW

1569083216613.png

Here the Moray radiant energy device is providing free power to 35 100-watt lamps and a 1200-watt iron.
I'll need to look that up. There may even be a patent on file for it.

Gazoo

I'll need to look that up. There may even be a patent on file for it.
Check this one out

Cut and Paste from article

"But in the face of all of this, the U.S. Patent Office refused to grant Moray a patent, first, because his device used a cold cathode in the tubes (the patent examiner asserted it was common knowledge that a heated cathode v as necessary to obtain electrons) and, second, because he failed to identify the source of the energy. All sorts of irrelevant patents and devices were also presented as being infringed upon or duplicated by Moray's work. Each of these objections was patiently answered and nullified by Moray; nonetheless, the patent has still not been issued to this day, although the Morays still keep the patent application current."

"Moray thus is vindicated as a man ahead of his time, who simply built a device before any theory existed to explain its operation."

Last edited:
Top Bottom