My baby girl is bleeding?

The motivation strain was original part of the Magus seed bank/breeder collection in till recently the company was purchased by Serious seeds :thumb:

Most breeders keep new strain crosses on a secret side to which i have found rather difficult to find its parentage line of breeding at present, part of this is due to stop other seed/breeders ripping of genetics and claiming/branding their own new strain...

For example white widow a world famous strain which original dates back to the late 1980's to certain person & more than one seed/breeder claims original status of the strain but the true genetic may only be tracked down to 1 or 2 companys/breeders !

You would have to look at all the strains it was crossed with to make it. Somewhere down the line it was probably crossed with a Columbian strain. For example a 4 way cross strain may demonstrate more traits of one of the crosses. It depends on how stable it is.

You hit the nail on the head Scarfinger! It seems that there is some columbian in this girls heritage.....
Starwarz (by Magus Genetics) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

I used to hang sticky fly paper to catch fungus gnats and once in a while it drips down a glob of sticky stuff that looked like that. Perhaps something else in your grow happened to fall onto the plant?

She is all grown up and got her first period she is ready to flower now...:circle-of-love:

I read about this in another forum years ago. They came to the conclusion (based on nothing really) that it is excess nutrients being pressed out through the stem due to overfeeding..? This grower had 8 plants and this appeared with two of the plants. There is no mention of the strain however he said he was using miracle grow so the brand of nutes is probably ruled out. Unless there is some crap that appears in some batches of nutrients? What if you taste it and compare the taste of the sap from a plant that does not bleed? :)
Very interesting..
Or!? Call the Vatican, You got the Virgin Mary (Jane), or she might be experience Stigmata...

I think Fuzzy Duck with Rosenthal is closest to the answer ''This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red. (The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium)''

So to sum up so far, there is your plant and a bleeding Jack Herrer in this forum, i found someone that said this happen to hes purple Nepalese Jam or an Orient Express, he couldnt remember witch of them it was though.
So strain doesnt seem to matter or?

I have no idea whats REALLY going on here.............but she is healthy and happy...........and that WILL make me happy in the very near future:thumb:
12527.JPG

12825.JPG

I think Fuzzy Duck with Rosenthal is closest to the answer ''This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red. (The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium)''

So to sum up so far, there is your plant and a bleeding Jack Herrer in this forum, i found someone that said this happen to hes purple Nepalese Jam or an Orient Express, he couldnt remember witch of them it was though.
So strain doesnt seem to matter or?

All hybrids crossed with something that demonstrates this trait.

The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium)''
Maybe, but doubtfully. Unless there was some kind of confirmation with leaf deficiency.

''This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red. (The red color is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties;

This makes the most sense to me except the term "haematin" most likely "Hematin" doesn't seem to refer to sap or fluid coloration but more in the outward coloristic of a plant.

I am leaning towards some kind of Xylem sap or Phloem sap. These can have different colors such as:

Sap color can be different for different plants. e.g.:
Banana - colorless
members of Myristicaceae - sap red
members of Anacardaceae - black sap
members of gluciaceae - Yellow sap
Symphonia globilifera - Green sap

Not claiming to be an expert. Just looking stuff up on the internet because I was board and it seemed interest to me.

Back
Top Bottom