My Big Girls - Outdoor 2015 - Central WA - Blue Hash & Power Kush

Time constraints dictate that I harvest on the early side. Got my drying tent set up and will be most likely starting the chop on Saturday. The girls had their final feeding about a week ago and are being given only water. I don't really believe a full 2 week flush is necessary, but if you have any evidence to the contrary, I am always open to suggestions.

sadness

Somehow someway try to give her more then a week.

I will be sad to see the Big Girl come down so early.:tokin:

3 more weeks would be nice

Trying to stretch it out as long as possible. Weather should be good for the next week. I will base my final decision on the trichomes if possible. Scope should come tomorrow.

image33743.jpg

Trichs are mostly cloudy, even a few Amber here and there. I am going for a 50-50 mix, but these girls are close. I have a few sample branches drying in the tent already, but the main harvesting will begin within the next week most likely. The bit of popcorn that I sampled off of the PK smoked amazing and tasted good considering it's not cured yet. It gave me a nice clear headed sativa high. Very excited...

Personal circumstances often dictate harvest timing. Trichome viewing is only one part of the picture. I don't even start looking at them until white pistils recede and you are still throwing lots of them on your plants, Mr. Darko. You do what you need to. Big haul of fine smoke in any event.

Leave it as long as you can. Up where you are in the PNW you start flowering two - three weeks after I do. I think they are 10 days away from prime yet...

Spectacular grow!

For various reasons, I began harvesting last night. I cut some choice colas off of the PK and trimmed for a few hours... The plant looks like I barely touched it!!!! its going to take me days to trim and hang all of this bud. Anyway, I haven't tried the Blue Hash yet, but the small branch of Power Kush that I cut a few days ago is dry and it is amazing! The strain is a 50/50 hybrid, but because I chopped on the early side, the high is speedy and cerebral. Great daytime smoke. Good for depressive symptoms. Even before curing, it is amazingly smooth and tasty. I can't wait to try the final product.

Nice Donny! It looks like the pistils are reeceeding. Almost there... It's hard when depending on mother nature. If the weather looks good and you feel secure you should let 'em ride a little longer but if you decide to chop 'em you're going to have a ton of nice smoke.

I have plants out in a cheapo greenhouse right now and it is taking a lot of discipline not to take them down. I want to scream, "hurry up and be done already!" If you can let them go another week then you should. They will add a lot of bulk as the pistils pull back if you can wait it out. Have you done any sampling?

For my part, when things get close I like to take a good sized sample cola, trim it down and let it dry for about four days. It is a good way to see where things are at and always buys the plants four more days of life when I start getting antsy to chop! Most often I end up waiting a little longer after smoking the sample.

It's been fun watching your grow. I haven't said much but it has been a great show.

x2!

Back
Top Bottom