My Bilbo strain is all the sudden boating

MagicNative

My leaves are curling upwards on one of my girls.. Ive read on here and other sites that this is usually cause by heat stress.. So I am now even more confused.
My Light is an LED it gives of almost no heat and its only a 96w light (Mars Hydro48 96w)
I recently added an extra inch in distance from the canopy
& my room has went from being a normal temp of around 79°-83° down to about 73°-75° sometimes it gets to about 77 buy I turn my mister up higher and fan up and it goes down rarely quickly.. I just transplanted not to long ago and have only watered once.. Never feed nutes yet but the soils is a mix between FFOF Happy Frog and an Organics mixed with a high porosity mycorrhzea. The leaves of my Bilbo strain weren't doing this a few hours ago so its just recently started this on guessing..
Ive heard maybe the FFOF is feeding it to much
And another guy from -------- says she looks fine but I don't get it why if she is fine the sudden boating .. Curling upwards

20170105_052221.jpg

Do you have the fan directly on her? That can cause it. What's your humidity at?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

About 2 ft from them but its oscillating and ive had it off for hours because of my new humidifier.. It puts out a cool mist and drops the temps in their pretty good when the fans on.. My humidity is about 53 low and 57 high

This guy on -------- just told dome that it probably is the Fox Farm that its a soil that's 2 hot.. I thought FFoF is a really good popular soil..

That isnt heat stress. It looks to me like you may have a humidity problem. Maybe your humidity is way too low or the humidity is swinging drastically from lights on or lights off?

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

See thats pretty much exactly what I was thinking.. Ive recently gotten a humidifier and at first it basically did nothing to help with humidity and now I closed off another portion of the room and left unchecked it goes to high but turn it of for about 20 min and the room bottoms out.. I try to keep the room about mid 50's for right now but when ive fell asleep or left ive cane back in with the humidity being as low as 38 and as high as 72/3.. I was mentioning the humidity in another post/thread and this one dude was all like ah don't worry to much about humidity mines always about 20 something to 38.. But my stuff still pretty young and its the movement of humidity from lows to highs off and on that im worried about.. I don't know a whole lot but I have read into it alot especially when the little things like this hit and I wonder if im about to loose everything or not thats why I ask.. And some of you are alot more educational and knowing than I.. Ive heard nutes being to hot, room being to hot, lights to close, temp fluctuating and like 5 other things and im sure in some cases everyone's right depending on the situations.. So thanks for any of the help u guys are giving.. I don't know how to keep the humidity more constant than being in here 24/7 for now tho so its getting kinda irritating sitting here listening to a light fan going non stop. Lmao but ill keep picking at my soil for now and try to keep them happy as I can.. I wish I could put this thing on a timer but if its power goes or it gets shut off it stays off till you turn it back on and that wont be good either.. Anyway ill keep going I guess.. Doubt it'll kill them all together at this point unless I don't kinda keep them in a closer check.. Thanx for the help guys

Just in case ive moved my fan back another foot and as far as the nutes/FFOF I don't think I can do anything at this point but let her grow out of it if thats the case she might not like it that much but she hasn't had any problems this far and she's had time to grow into the new stuff they didn't even really slow in growth when I transplanted them.. Well actually I think the AK lost almost 2 days.. She was bigger than the Bilbo as far as how far she was along but now she seems to be falling a little behind.. She is still growing just fine tho even tho I broke some of her roots off while trying to transplant her.. Humidity... Thats the cake.. For now there isn't anything I can do but constant monitoring turn it up/down/or off fan off or down.. Idk.. Working on it but need other things to keep moving forward too so..

Dont worry. Your not going to lose them. They are are just telling you they dont like the fluxuations. My humidifier has an adjustable percentage so it automatically turns on and off to keep the humidity close. If yours does not have that it will be a little harder to control for sure. In the vegetative part of the grow 55 to even seventy-five or eighty percent humidity is just fine as long as it's not fluctuating constantly. The temperature that you keep your room at has a direct correlation with what humidity you want to Target. Your first objective should be trying to stabilize the humidity a little bit then we can work on what temperature is good for your humidity level or vice versa. Either way this is not going to kill your plants but it does certainly affect how well they can grow.

Thanx i love the help.. Hey im on roll-it-up too and im talking to someone about maybe doing a supercrop on my main stems now so I could give the girls a few days to heal before they get to their 6th/7th node and I cut'm down for a mainline.. What do you think.. I don't want them to have any bend or anything I just want them to get that wider knuckle and hopefully it'll help.. I didn't want to do to much training in one day later on when I do the mainline and stuff..

Sounds like you have a good plan. I like to hit them hard in 1 day though myself. I have no problem topping, supercroping and lollipopping all in 1 sitting. They are tough and usually dont flinch at it.

Cool.. Being my first real grow i guess im just being a sissy about it.. I check them all day long pretty much.. At one point before I got the humidifier I was running boiled water in and out of the closet 4 or even 5 times an hour and id still have to go back and forth to check lvls to know if i needed to do it again.. Plus be able to check them over to watch for any negative/positive signs of growth or symptoms. I love it but right now its been driving me crazy too .

Back
Top Bottom