My Blood Pressure & Marijuana

dudubrown

HI new here ,i have high blood pressure ,today reading between 150-167 SYS. a couple week ago i was able to acquire some weed and i have smoked off and on a long time but trying to find a place in civil servant work never really used regularly.I have been over road truck driver for 10 years and the job doesnt allow for drug use with testing at random etc.I have always squeaked by my physicals just barely with my BP.I havent worked for a year or so .So i got this weed and monitored my BP and after a couple of days my BP was between 120-140 usually 132 and this went on for 2 weeks needless to say the weed ran out ,wasnt much and my BP is deadly again.The weed dropped my BP 40 points and i am having trouble understanding why the medical industry isnt screaming for the legalization of this product,why are there not any physical studies on this effect.

There are some decent prescription drugs that can treat high blood pressure, but I'm not convinced the potential side effects are any better.

My mom for example - they gave her something, I don't know what, for high blood pressure and it was later linked to causing diabetes. She's now got diabetes but there's no sign of any of the reports that link the drug to it anymore.

That kind of stuff just makes me very wary.

MJ hasn't helped my blood pressure, but thats the way medications work. They don't work for everybody. I wish it did because I hate taking prescriptions.

i noticed this is your first thread/posts so i just wanted to say . . .
:welcome: 2> 420 !

:passitleft:

i have a new rx for high bp right now. i've had it for 2 weeks. i haven't taken any yet. probably won't. my bp wasn't even very high @ 140/86. a bit high but i hadn't medicated and was a bit stressed. my bp is usually textbook perfect. in the old days it was a major problem because i weighted about 130 lbs more than i do now. my only medicine is Cannabis. the exception is when the pain is really out of the ordinary range and then i have a rx for pain. but i use it very sparingly. 90% of the time Cannabis keeps me from needing rx's that would only shorten my life. i wish you good health, if i'm gonna wish, i wish you all good health :cool:

Have tried 4 different meds for arthritis and they work really well if you like projectile vomiting. Needless to say I'm not much of a fan of projectile vomitting so I use MJ for the arthritis.

Back
Top Bottom