My Blood Pressure

Sub7

My father and my brother both have high blood pressure, i've never been tested but after I had a single bong I went into a panic attack. A while before that my brother had the same thing but much more serious, he just went mad for a couple hours.
I've been reading it lowers blood pressure and it heightens it, so what are the facts? Should I just avoid it altogether?

Its like all drugs. It works differently on different people and there can be a big difference between indica and sativa strains. For me it does nothing to my blood pressure. I wish it did but it doesn't. Have heard some people say it raises and some people say it lowers.

One bong hit could easily equal a gram or more Cannabis. Could be too much if you're just starting out. If you want to try the herb just use a small one-hitter or a joint and take a small hit. Wait 15 minutes, see what you think. Even one small hit of da kine may be too much for a beginner.

Some stuff seems to get my blood pumping more - I think it's strain and quantity related.

Yeah,a real Sativa hits me with a fast heartbeat for a few minutes every time.

My lower number was way down the last time I was as at the doctor. That was when I was smoking a lot of Indica heavy strains.

Yeah,a real Sativa hits me with a fast heartbeat for a few minutes every time.

My lower number was way down the last time I was as at the doctor. That was when I was smoking a lot of Indica heavy strains.

OOOH Baby, thatsa what I want to hear!
This seems to be a consensus
Indica's the heavy one
Sativa sharpens senses

A +Rep revue

I remember when I was younger,there was nothing but Sativas to smoke. Rapid heartbeat and especially sudden BP drops were common side effects of those weeds.

You'd be standing in a group smoking a joint,ol' Bob would get a "body rush" bp drop and pass out for a second. Mexican weed was fun.

I can tell it raises my blood pressure slightly but i just ride it out. Maybe you smoked too much or had some stuff that was killer..heh. sometimes different type of sative/indica will affect you differently. I prefer sativa personally. anyway hope all goes well. give it a shot again. happy smoking..!:rollit:

I remember when I was younger,there was nothing but Sativas to smoke. Rapid heartbeat and especially sudden BP drops were common side effects of those weeds.

You'd be standing in a group smoking a joint,ol' Bob would get a "body rush" bp drop and pass out for a second. Mexican weed was fun.

It's interesting you should bring this up. About 20 years ago I used to smoke with a buddy who said he occasionally saw people 'stroke out', as he called it, during/after smoking herb. I'd never witnessed this or even heard anyone else talk about it until you brought it up.

It's also interesting that you should mention Mexican weed. At the time we were living in southern AZ and all we ever got was what came across the border from Mexico. My buddy was originally from TX, so he probably got a lot of the same quality Mexican stuff I did.

Ahhh, that good old Mexican herb. It was usually dry, full of stems & seeds... but, as you said, it sure was fun... Nothing like some good Mexican herb that was grown outside in a field. That stuff has a very distinctive smell!

Anyway, I think the effects of herb on BP is purely individual. It would depend on your age, metabolism, physical health, and, of course, the weed itself. When I was younger, weed would increase my BP quite a bit. Now that I'm older, it doesn't affect it at all.

I have high blood pressure as well. I am on 3 different meds for it. I can only give you an answer from my personal experience. I am using the keif candy and of course while high on the candy I don't notice if my blood pressure is too high or not until I use my blood pressure cuff to check it out and see that indeed it is high and I need to take my meds. Even with the candy I think I will be on the meds for my blood pressure for life.

I think it's just like all meds and you need to watch it. Diff strains effect me differently. Indicas are more sedating to me and my cardio just told me to take my heart meds at least an hour before/after smoking since my heart meds lower my BP & I mostly smoke indicas. I only smoke sativas during the day, if I smoke them at all, and I've never really noticed them affect me in a negative way so, I prolly didn't help answer you too much!

Have you talked to your doc about it? Unsure if that's an option where you are located.

Back
Top Bottom