My budget tent ventilation setup

I use 2 of these 4" USB fans in my 3x3 for exhaust & they do fine. Walmart - $5.99 ea. I do have a 4" Fan & Filter should I need it.
My local Wallyworld just removed the USB fans from the shelves due to the seasons changing, bummed I didn't stock up on a couple more...:confused: I bought a 6" USB fan by Performance Tool at another store that is disappointing in the amount of air it moves, thinking the blades to big...

:rofl:Aint it funny how if you posted that on any other sight people would be freaking out that you tore up your car. On a 420 page no one bats an eye cause we know it was a junk car... Right?? lol. You could have just covered part of the intake to drop the flow rate but it would still draw full power. You did remember to grab the catalytic converter for plant odor emissions, right?
I was kinda hoping people would have a laugh about it.
Yeah the cat comes soon.

Ok,
So I upgraded my extractor setup.
I now have 2 pc fans in the tent for airflow (not directly on the plants).
I got a carbon filter and some large ducting.
I took the blower box out of the car and macgyvered the ducting to it and made it air tight.
I also hooked up the switch so it will run at 4 different speeds.
Speed 3 is too much for the plants.
It's running at the first speed position now and it's powerful enough to suck the sides of the tent in, way more than before.
I'm happy with it so far.

20210910_170249.jpg

20210910_170306.jpg

20210910_170320.jpg

20210910_170655.jpg

are you just dumping the air back in to the same room the tent is in ?

if you are you might as well not run one at all. you're just recirculating the crappy air round and round. it'll be ok for one or two plants, but any more may run in to issues. air extracted from the grow space needs to be exhausted to outdoor.

if you are you might as well not run one at all. you're just recirculating the crappy air round and round. it'll be ok for one or two plants, but any more may run in to issues. air extracted from the grow space needs to be exhausted to outdoor.
Unfortunately it's the best I can do at the moment, hence the reason I called it a budget setup. I'd like to have a more professional system but for now it's working for me.

Unfortunately it's the best I can do at the moment, hence the reason I called it a budget setup. I'd like to have a more professional system but for now it's working for me.

nothing wrong with the set up or idea. just needs a vent to outdoor. it's very creative and makes good use of what you have available.

nothing wrong with the set up or idea. just needs a vent to outdoor. it's very creative and makes good use of what you have available.
I'll get some more ducting when I can and vent the old air outside, thanks for the tip. :thumb:

I'll get some more ducting when I can and vent the old air outside, thanks for the tip. :thumb:

not sure where the space is located but look around to see if you can tie in to anything already routed outside.
a popular set up is to tie in to existing dryer ducts or furnace exhaust.

lots of folk just add a dryer duct for the tent exhaust. my flower room uses an unused fresh air exchange duct for a washroom.

not sure where the space is located but look around to see if you can tie in to anything already routed outside.
a popular set up is to tie in to existing dryer ducts or furnace exhaust.
Nothing like that here, I'll have to run the ducting out the window. Don't really want to cut a hole in the wall if I can help it.

Naw, just add a dozen rabbits or so to the mix, lol. CO2, fertilizer (no composting required), and meat.

Naw, just add a dozen rabbits or so to the mix, lol. CO2, fertilizer (no composting required), and meat.

that would work here. the city is over run with rabbits ... :D

Back
Top Bottom