My buds aren't dense

spysmasherr

So all the budsI've harvested, indoors or outdoors, dirt or hydro are light and fluffy and not dense like what is out there on the market. I know a lot of bud is vacuum packed which would condense buds but I wonder what I could be missing. I change my chemicals as weeks tick off and plant goes from veg to flower based on notes manufacturer publishes. Not sure what gives. Thanks in advance.

spy

Indoors I'm running two led's. Run autos mostly on 18 hours. Using fox farm nutes indoors. Outdoors I've got plenty of sun, southern exposure using 5 gal buckets with horse manure, milorganite, touch of lime to lower manure PH. High "N" during veg stage with increase of P/K during flowering as needed.

dlm

Distance of leds from canopy? Type of light and size of grow area? Any chance you could show a pic of the setup? Some of the folks here are great visual problem solvers.

You spent premium dollars for FF nutes, and then use processed sewage for soil. That is a bold choice sir.

There are some great outdoor folks here too, I am not one of them. However, sun grown tends to get huge nicely formed nugs, but not crazy dense. Those really rock hard nugs come from a well controlled environment, feed regime, and often Co2.

You spent premium dollars for FF nutes, and then use processed sewage for soil. That is a bold choice sir.

Lol

Love that statement, so true my friend of so many growers

A friend of mine once gave me a hard time that my buds weren't tightly compact. I told him a pound of feathers or a pound of hammers weigh the same

All good points. The outdoor farming horse manure is really good. Really Good! I have a good source of it too. Led's indoors sit pretty close to the tops- I'd say 6-8 inches distance. I actually use fox farm during repro stage on the outdoor plants to get them the notes they need. I use what i have. Regarding fluffy vs dense nuts..I get it-a pound is a pound. But many people looking for buds EXPECT dense cause that is what they usually get. It's just market demand factor really. One buddy of mine loves the fluffy. He says it isn't any less potent then dense bud. Says it taste better too since I grow the outdoor stuff in a healthy environment. Just would like to see some indoor buds be closer to super dense nugs. I now about C02 but that might be too much of a finacial burden on my crops. I tried making my own CO2 from sugar and baking soda but I didn't see any improvement.

spy

A lady friend of mine who smokes and commented how come my weed look different than the kind she normally gets which is very hard and compact. I told her mine are like fresh vegetables from the garden compared to frozen bagged vegetables from the grocery store. This lady loves to cook so she got the analogy immediately.

Back
Top Bottom