My cabnit growing area

ripmax

hello peeps,i have just taken down down the diementions from my cabinet.

i would like to no if this area will be suitible for housing 2 female plant,
also the light unit i want is a 400w hps growing kit..

diementions are

H = 1m160mm
L = 1m110mm
w= 550mm

well thats the space.

i would just like to no if the light will be to hot,and will it house 2 or 3 large females.

cheers guys plz comment

Don't you mean cm (centimeters) instead of mm (millimeters)? Millimeters are so small it's almost insignificant.

An area 1 meter square is going to be too small for a 400w system. Unless you get some good ventilation it will just get too hot.

well i did think it would be to hot but iam planning on having 2 fans in the cabinet to keep a cool breeze to the lights ,also the cabinet has some holes and gaps,so i assume that would let some hot air out.

do u think i should go with a differnt light setup?

also here is the proper dimensions

H = 170cm
W = 110cm
D = 55cm

cheers

from my past experience with 400watt hps lights I would have to say either get a 250watt hps system or get a blower fan to draw all the hot air out and then replace it. If your going to stick with the 400 watt light then your going to need to cut a hole somewhere in the cabinet and use a blower fan. 2 fans blowing over the light is just not enough for that small of an area.. it's really not even enough for a closet grow. Really all your going to be doing is blowing hot air around in the space. Remember man growing is a science and it's all about trial an error so just play around with things and see what works best. :allgood:

cheers for the great reply m8.i have decided to take ur advice so iam gunna go with a duel cfl setup .This setup will have 2 x 200watt clf bulbs.iam hoping this will still be a good setup and prodruce good green.

what do u think 400w cfl good enuff.:clap:

400 watts of cfl is definatly a good choice because fluros don't really put out much heat. Only problem with fluros is that its really hard to get enough of them to put out a comparable amount of lumens as HID lights. I have had very good results using only 40 watt fluro shop lights. They will produce good green but usually the buds will not be as dense and large as if you would use HIDs. Try to get the most out of your lights by either painting the walls of your box white or use mylar and another tip keep your plants really healthy and use good nutes and you should see some pretty good results. Good luck on your grow man and keep everyone posted :cool:

cheers for the great reply m8,iam gunna try do my best to get the maximum out of my plants.

:)

just one last thing iam planning on growing bubblegum,

it ses around ten months ,does it really take 1 months to get weed,
or can u cut this time right down depending on how soon u want it to flower ?

ie could i have some nice skunk in 4months ?

About 1 month of veg. and 60 days of flowering are the average times. So yes you could go from seed to bud in under 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom