My Case

Lenin

Got popped in Texas with some bud driving to California. Texas law is tough, but with a good lawyer, I just beat the charge.

Case Information
Filed on 06/17/2008
04/23/08-POSS MARIJ <2OZ
Misdemeanor B
Current Status: Disposed

I got arrested on 4/20, ironic I know and got out of jail on 4/23.

Disposition Information
12/15/2008 - Dismissed
Presiding Judge: BEN AKERS

Had my day in court on the 15th, case went away. If you get arrested, don't give up, with the right lawyer, you'll never be prosecuted. I've been arrested 4 times, 3 times for drug charges and beat them all. Never talk when you're arrested, it's what saved me everytime.

why did you get pulled over to start with?

Here's a few great tips on travelling with cannabis and other situations - this easily pertains to anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the card I carry in my wallet, provided by SafeAccessNow.org. I hope this will be helpful.

Medical Marijuana Patients, Be smart! Many arrest for cannabis possessions are due to traffic violations and noise complaints.
*Travel safety: Do not smoke and drive. If you travel with cannabis, make sure your vehicle is up to code and cannabis is concealed, preferable in your trunk. (I have heard cops say that some cars are just asking to be pulled over)

*Be a good neighbor: Loud music and domestic disputes can lead law enforcement to your home.

* Be discreet: Try not to smoke where others can see you and never
leave cannabis items in plain view. (put that stash away!!)

Search Warrants

DO NOT let an officer into your home without a search warrant. Check the address, the date (reasonably recent), and a judge's signature.

If law enforcement knocks on your door, step outside and close the door behind you while you find out why they are there. Don't leave the door open.

If they do enter your home with or without a search warrant say "I do not consent to a search".

There are three levels of police interactions and safe ways to handle each encounter:

Casual conversation- Ask if you are being detained. If not, walk away.

Detention - If you are being detained, ask why! Make them cite the law (and remember what they say!)

Arrest- say I choose to remain silent and I want to see a lawyer". Remember to remain silent.

Do not consent to a search- If the cops say: Do you mind if we look in your purse, bag, home, or car? You say "I do not consent to a search."

When cops say: "Why not? Are you hiding something?". You say: I believe in my Constitutional right to privacy, and I do not consent to a search.:

Note: This probably will not stop an officer from searching you, but it can help get any evidence thrown out in court.

Peace and happy trails:60

we've all done it. sorry to hear about your troubles, and glad that things came out in your favor.

Peace:hippy:

we've all done it. sorry to hear about your troubles, and glad that things came out in your favor.

Peace:hippy:

The worst part was being a redneck county jail for 3 days. Jail in Texas is so gay, I don't know how many times the CO's would say 'You don't mess with Texas'. Ugh, I would have hit them if I could get away with it.

I have family in Texas.... From what I understand they do NOT play games over there.

I live in Texas. Some of the cops seem to be pretty cool & growing a clue, but there are still far too many who just enjoy fucking with people & keeping quotas. :/

@HappyKitty
Thanks for the reminder! I knew all that stuff but it's always good to read it again and again. I like that one: "I believe in my Constitutional right to privacy, and I do not consent to a search." Good job!

Thanks for reminding me of this thread and the card. After all the years it's still in my wallet, all tattered and a little worse for the wear. But it's always good to take a look from time to time and give myself a refresher, too.

:peacetwo:

When travelling through certain states the Hwy Patrols make there income from busts on the freeways, they know what to look for and have a lot of practice on there job. Just having a out of state license plate on your car is like a bulls-eye to some cops. Remember most weed travels from west to east and from south to north we know this and so do the cops,and they know what to look for believe me. You just have to be careful and know your rights and remember most states are not MMJ legal areas in other words Texas and Pa. are not like California and Colorado. RD :thumb::thumb::peace::peace::peace:

Just to give you an idea of the cops in my area. I live in Carrollton TX, its a little north of dallas, nice town in general, good schools, good businesses, good bud... but crooked cops.
There is a cop, whos name i wont disclose, but we'll refer to him as G.S....

GS stops me every time he sees me, same with any of my friends. We're not bad people, we dont do any drugs, we dont drink, and we def dont drive recklessly, but we all smoke.
I had just left my friends house at 12:45am and started driving home, it was a short drive, about 3 blocks, and when i was about half way home GS stops me and says "hey connor, hows it goin" as he walks up to my car window. I hand him all the proper stuff, and he walks back to his car.. Im fully aware of what to do when getting pulled over, seeing as it happens regularly. The reason for my stop was because my "back liscence plate light was dim", and apon returning to my window he says "so your truck smells like weed, go ahead and get out." Keep in mind i was driving a little single cab, short-bed toyota pickup, from 1992, and had a cigarette lit whilst talking to him. I exited my truck and closed/locked the door behind me, but forgot to roll my window up fully, it was about 3/4 the way closed if not more. He then reaches in my window, squeezing his arm in and unlocks my door, then proceeds to tear my seats apart, and my dash, along with the rest of my car, untill he finds a small wooden tobacco pipe, with ACTUALL TOBACCO loaded in it, and writes me a paraphernalia ticket for it. He then, decides he wants a second look around my car, and helps himself to my ipod.. Like no shit, this guy took my ipod, and stole my tobacco pipe, but didnt find the joint roach that was sitting in the ashtray? he then takes me to jail, and has my car towed.. I ended up paying 350$ for the ticket, and 200$ to get my truck out, after spending the night in jail. So 550$ and my ipod nano, (the slim one with the camera on the back)... for a fucking tobacco pipe. DONT MOVE TO TEXAS!

why did you get pulled over to start with?

Here's a few great tips on travelling with cannabis and other situations - this easily pertains to anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the card I carry in my wallet, provided by SafeAccessNow.org. I hope this will be helpful.

Medical Marijuana Patients, Be smart! Many arrest for cannabis possessions are due to traffic violations and noise complaints.
*Travel safety: Do not smoke and drive. If you travel with cannabis, make sure your vehicle is up to code and cannabis is concealed, preferable in your trunk. (I have heard cops say that some cars are just asking to be pulled over)

*Be a good neighbor: Loud music and domestic disputes can lead law enforcement to your home.

* Be discreet: Try not to smoke where others can see you and never
leave cannabis items in plain view. (put that stash away!!)

Search Warrants

DO NOT let an officer into your home without a search warrant. Check the address, the date (reasonably recent), and a judge's signature.

If law enforcement knocks on your door, step outside and close the door behind you while you find out why they are there. Don't leave the door open.

If they do enter your home with or without a search warrant say "I do not consent to a search".

There are three levels of police interactions and safe ways to handle each encounter:

Casual conversation- Ask if you are being detained. If not, walk away.

Detention - If you are being detained, ask why! Make them cite the law (and remember what they say!)

Arrest- say I choose to remain silent and I want to see a lawyer". Remember to remain silent.

Do not consent to a search- If the cops say: Do you mind if we look in your purse, bag, home, or car? You say "I do not consent to a search."

When cops say: "Why not? Are you hiding something?". You say: I believe in my Constitutional right to privacy, and I do not consent to a search.:

Note: This probably will not stop an officer from searching you, but it can help get any evidence thrown out in court.

Peace and happy trails:60

THANK YOU S-O-O-O MUCH! I had forgotten about that card. Very helpful information and especial thanks for the "... Constitutional right..."

Just to give you an idea of the cops in my area. I live in Carrollton TX, its a little north of dallas, nice town in general, good schools, good businesses, good bud... but crooked cops.
There is a cop, whos name i wont disclose, but we'll refer to him as G.S....

GS stops me every time he sees me, same with any of my friends. We're not bad people, we dont do any drugs, we dont drink, and we def dont drive recklessly, but we all smoke.
I had just left my friends house at 12:45am and started driving home, it was a short drive, about 3 blocks, and when i was about half way home GS stops me and says "hey connor, hows it goin" as he walks up to my car window. I hand him all the proper stuff, and he walks back to his car.. Im fully aware of what to do when getting pulled over, seeing as it happens regularly. The reason for my stop was because my "back liscence plate light was dim", and apon returning to my window he says "so your truck smells like weed, go ahead and get out." Keep in mind i was driving a little single cab, short-bed toyota pickup, from 1992, and had a cigarette lit whilst talking to him. I exited my truck and closed/locked the door behind me, but forgot to roll my window up fully, it was about 3/4 the way closed if not more. He then reaches in my window, squeezing his arm in and unlocks my door, then proceeds to tear my seats apart, and my dash, along with the rest of my car, untill he finds a small wooden tobacco pipe, with ACTUALL TOBACCO loaded in it, and writes me a paraphernalia ticket for it. He then, decides he wants a second look around my car, and helps himself to my ipod.. Like no shit, this faggot took my ipod, and stole my tobacco pipe, but didnt find the joint roach that was sitting in the ashtray? he then takes me to jail, and has my car towed.. I ended up paying 350$ for the ticket, and 200$ to get my truck out, after spending the night in jail. So 550$ and my ipod nano, (the slim one with the camera on the back)... for a fucking tobacco pipe. DONT MOVE TO TEXAS!

Was the pipe any for tabacco use only

Man that sucks big time! I can't believe the shit they get away with. IMHO, there are good and bad cops everywhere. It doesn't matter; North, South, Big or Small Town. I figure the amount is population proportional. I feel for you brother and offer this tiny consoling fact: The Karma that cop receives for his actions will be 10X what he did. I was violated last year, twice. Not by cops, but once by a on-line, sleaze-ball company that sells MMJ clones. took me for over $800.00 as I was starting out a medium sized medical grow and needed inventory right now. I couldn't wait the time to make all those plants from mothers & clones so I fell prey. The second time was by a FRIEND, I thought. Long story short, he ripped me off on a barter of his labor for things I had that he wanted. Again, hard to accept these violations. No disrespect to women, but I think this is the closest a man can "feel" what being raped is like. I get upset when I think about this; need to smoke one...

Back
Top Bottom