My CFL Grow Journal

Hey man,

They did really well. I think another day away and they would've been in trouble. I got home yesterday and the soil was dry. I flooded every bag and left about an inch of water in the trays before I left, so I pushed it about as far as I could.

The plants are incredibly bushy. The nodes are very tight together. I'm going to top them this week and save the tops so I can root them later. I also definitely need an inline fan with a carbon filter, the smell is now officially an issue. Temps are fine, but I need to address the smell issue, and I can only imagine how bad it'll be once my 2 seedlings catch up and these all go into flowering.

Update - Day 27.

I took the plants out of the tent today to give them a thorough look over and snap some pics. They're growing a lot. I've got two distinct phenos - one more indica dominant and one looking more sativa. I've been tucking the larger fan leaves back to expose some bud sights, but either way these plants are very stalky. I plan on topping them this weekend and rooting the tops/planting them. I figure since I'm waiting for my new seedlings to catch up, why not. I'm in no rush to put these things into flowering.

Starting to get some roots poking through the bags so I'm getting some good air pruning from that. Hoping these seedlings grow strong, but one of them looks like a runt - it didn't shed it's seed shell on it's own and I had to help it out. So really it's a couple days behind the other seedling, which is taking off nicely.

The pics are of all the plants, 2 at a time. I realized they look identical because I show the first 2 as one sativa one indica and the second the same way, woops. I also fed these babies nutes for the first time today. Half strength FF Big Bloom. I didn't want to go too nuts with the nutes since they're doing so well.

IMG_60827.JPG

IMG_60838.JPG
IMG_60858.JPG
IMG_60868.JPG
IMG_60872.JPG
IMG_60884.JPG
IMG_60894.JPG
IMG_60908.JPG
IMG_60917.JPG
IMG_60848.JPG

Topping update will be coming soon - busy weekend ahead!

Hey everyone, here's another update. Just transplanted all the plants into 5gal fabric pots. I recently installed a legit 400CFM inline fan and carbon filter which has essentially eliminated all odor- crazy how well that works. Also my temps are under control now. I have a pH meter and recently tested runoff which is at about 6.2 across all plants. I'm now measuring pH prior to watering and adjusting it down to be in the 6.1 range.

I've only fed them once with FF big bloom as one looked to suffer from some burn, want to get them back looking healthy before I try again.

Does this new growth look healthy? It's sort of spindly and weird looking, I'm not sure what's up. Also I haven't yet been able to determine the sex of these plants- they all look female from what I can tell. No sign of balls on any. Maybe I was shipped feminized seeds? Seems odd.

Anyway, any help on the health of these things would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get them some more nutes but if they're having an issue then I'll hold off.

Thanks guys!

420-magazine-mobile200513570.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2067795194.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1170203647.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1616734340.jpg
420-magazine-mobile771096081.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1453620887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1429787492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Almost forgot, this is at Day 37 for the larger plants. I forget how far the new seedlings are.

I'm counting 9 fingers on most. What's the significance of 10?

Here are some pics today- can anyone help me identify what's happening to these 2 plants? Is this a nutrient deficiency? They're not getting any better from the looks of it.

Just fed them yesterday with half strength FF Big Bloom solution ( 2 TBLSP / gallon)

420-magazine-mobile762423991.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1291021031.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2139902059.jpg

I hope you're right! I've got one gorgeous plant I hope turns out fem so I can clone her to kingdom come

Hey man,

They did really well. I think another day away and they would've been in trouble. I got home yesterday and the soil was dry. I flooded every bag and left about an inch of water in the trays before I left, so I pushed it about as far as I could.

The plants are incredibly bushy. The nodes are very tight together. I'm going to top them this week and save the tops so I can root them later. I also definitely need an inline fan with a carbon filter, the smell is now officially an issue. Temps are fine, but I need to address the smell issue, and I can only imagine how bad it'll be once my 2 seedlings catch up and these all go into flowering.
Hey man plants look great man was just wondering smell wise ive started using a jell i think odc or ocd or odd something like that from my local hydro shop have you tried these it might be worth having a look at my space is too small for a carbon filter so hopung it works for me! jB
Hey Everyone,

First post on this site. I've been in and out of the growing game for the last 10 years. I used to post religiously on a site called OverGrow.com - which got taken down some time ago. Anyway, I recently relocated and have a little extra space and a very hard time accessing any good bud, as most of my connections have moved away. I thought it would be a good time to grow my own stash and avoid dealing with sketchy characters.

Here's my setup:

milliard.jpg

The tent is approx. 3'x3'x6'

41MBON6Qk5L.jpg

I have 4 x 105w 6500k CFLs for about 28,000 lumens.

IMG_3495.jpeg

I just added this inline fan. It's rated at 240 CFM. Because my setup is only 54 CF, I thought it would be sufficient for venting.

I've got 4 Big Bud plants from seed in 3 gallon fabric pots. They're in a mixture of Fox Farm Ocean Forest with a good amount of perlite added. These plants are at day 13 today and each one is at its 4th node. Nice little plants, they look like they'll be quite bushy.

IMG_2915.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_5628.jpeg

As you can see, 2 of the plants are pretty healthy and 2 not so much. The first plant had some heat stress a few days ago, so I moved the bulb a few inches away and it seems to have recovered- the new growth is coming in looking healthy. The 2nd and 3rd ones pictured here look pretty good, so I'm not concerned. The last one has me most worried. The discoloration is something I'm not familiar with. Moreso, it looks like the new growth is coming in equally discolored, so that's not good. Any advice on what's going on?

I haven't added any nutrients yet because I think the FF soil should be good for about 3-4 weeks and I don't want to stress the plants.

I'm having some issues keeping the temps down. I have a clip on fan coming which I hope will help, but even with the addition of the 240CFM inline fan, I can't get my temps any lower than 81 degrees. Right now I don't have a fan intake, just a passive vent that's open in the back of my tent. The tent is in a room where the ambient temp is 69 degrees all day. I thought the temps would drop a couple degrees with the addition of the inline fan, but that hasn't worked out.

My humidity is at right about 50%. It was higher before, but the inline fan seems to have lowered it a little. I have a hand towel that I soak then roll up and leave on the floor of the tent. That helps bump the humidity up a few points.

Anyway - any pointers here? I'm not sure what is going on with the one plant w/discoloration. And I'm open to suggestions on how to get my temps down.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D855 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom