My clone story - pictorial - taken early, done cheap and successful

Re: My clone story (pictorial) taken early, done cheap and successful

wow. those tiny toppings grew up amazing buckshot. And the mom is one of the most beautiful plants I have seen on here. I can see how bigger and/or older cuttings have a greater chance of cloning success, and I haven't forgotten your note that small young cuttings take much more time and effort. All good things come to those who wait...and mist...

Thanks FoxMulder

She is turning out very nice. I have also pollinated a few buds with #1 as I had only one seed of hash bud that grew. I plan to back cross to her clones. She might look good now but I am not even in the finishing nutes! :) She will start those this week ... then we will see some flowers!

this is #1

DSC_6171_number1.jpg

#1 is the big boy in the back left ...

DSC_5886_ledgroup.jpg

Mother and Clone

Here is S Girl and S2 Girl. S2 is up on about a 6" stand, she is already starting to bloom. I have only taken two clones from S2 as opposed to the seven I took from the mother so S2 should be quite a plant. I am thinking about taking the top ... not sure

here they are together

here is S2 ... she is an animal

update

this is one of the clones from the OP as of today

DSC_7136_s2girl_sm.jpg

and the mother

DSC_7149_sgirl2.jpg

Hey just read the thread. Good one. I didn't see anyone say that you should also take clones from the bottom of the plant closest to the roots. They have more of the hormones needed to make roots. Should help root faster.

:goodjob::nicethread::Namaste:

i started some clones and all im getting is like one leaf coming out....not shure why been giving fert. and lots of lite the plants are growing but just in one leaf patterns instead of 5s or 7s...will i still get bud?

BuckShot great thread. i was just ineed of all this info. i wanted to take clones early. my thing is right now, i havent had great success with rockwool. should i try coco coir or get starter plugs that already has nutes? i do have rockwool thats been soaked over night in nutes (floranova grow, super thrive)

NO NUTES! a little clone hormone or a willow branch, thats it!!

Hey just read the thread. Good one. I didn't see anyone say that you should also take clones from the bottom of the plant closest to the roots. They have more of the hormones needed to make roots. Should help root faster.

:goodjob::nicethread::Namaste:

I did not know that ... cool!

i started some clones and all im getting is like one leaf coming out....not shure why been giving fert. and lots of lite the plants are growing but just in one leaf patterns instead of 5s or 7s...will i still get bud?

adjust PH and stop feeding

I've found the really small, really new growth makes a better clone than something further down the branch. I'm going to be using rapid rooters for the most part. They are small and easy to put under a humidity dome. And, when they are rooted properly, you can see the roots sticking out the sides. Then, drop it in a cup and literally throw dirt around it.

Here is "Mini Me". It's from a Gran Daddy Purple clone. It had decent small growth along the stem and looked to be in good shape. It was obviously pot bound in the little red cup it was in. So, I repotted it into a bigger pot with some fresh organic soil mix. I was really careful when repotting it since this was my first ever attempt at growing, I wanted to get everything just right.

To my horror, as I looked down at the table after repotting my clone. I noticed that I had knocked a new growth sprout off the side of the stalk .... down near the bottom of the stalk. I felt so bad about ravaging my precise little plant. So, I decided right there and then that this little piece of plant needed to live. The cutting was so tiny, only about a half inch long. I wasn't sure if I could save it or not. So, I put a little sprinkle of rooting hormone in some water and place it into one of my wifes little candle holders and used a toothpic to keep the plant out of the water. Just the stem touched the water. It seemed to live for about 5 days. After which, I went out and got the supplies I needed to make a small bubble cloner. I wanted to move it to the bubble cloner, but It was too small. There was no way I was going to be able to put it into a foam circle and the stem would never be able to get anywhere near the water. So, I had to make a little tinfoil sling to hold the plant at water level. After ten days, it seems to be in excellent health.

Eventually, I put it into dirt and almost killed it. But, I put a dome over it and it perked right back up. Now it lives under a dome. I'm going to try and wean it out of the dome once I see more new growth.

Mini_Me1.jpg

Mini_Me_Roots.jpg

New_Home6.jpg

Lovin_Life.jpg

Hope you don't mind the pics.

Ive read about that willow branch thing. As in taking sap from a tree or letting the branches soak in water, something like that. Is that what you did or is this a product you picked up from a store?

just cut a few chunks of a branch and throw them in your rooting water (used mostly when putting cuttings in water)

Just thought I would add I am now into the 5th gen with S Girl. I currently have both cuttings in water and rooting in peat under a dome. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom