My Colloidal Silver Experiment

tonyinspain

Going to have a bash at producing my own seeds. I have 1 x Amnesia Haze Auto & 1 x Dark Devil Auto that today I have started spraying the lower half with Colloidal Silver. Any tips or advice please post.

Amnesia Haze Auto sprouted 1st Oct
Dark Devil Sprouted 5th Oct

Colloidal-Silver-.jpg

I have never tried it, but from what i have seen they start it a bit later and just spray one branch that will be used if you dont wanna sacrifice the hole plant to the experiment. :thumb:
And are you spraying both plants ?

I have never tried it, but from what i have seen they start it a bit later and just spray one branch that will be used if you dont wanna sacrifice the hole plant to the experiment. :thumb:
And are you spraying both plants ?

Yes spraying the lower branches of both plants which I hope will create pollen to fertilize the upper sections of the plants, plus leave me a little spare pollen for future projects.

Don't spray them with cs at this early stage because they don't have the right amount of energy to recover from all this stress. Wait until she's at least a month old, you have to consider that they're autos

I'm sticking to what I have read so have started spraying as soon as I spotted the first pre-flowers. Also topped both plants so I'm really stressing both plants. It is though just an experiment so lets see what happens.

But in my opinion you normally spray the one you want to hermie which polinate the other if you spray both they will both hermie and the result will most likely be hermie to a high percentage. I would sray one and leave the other full female.best of luck:cheer:

But in my opinion you normally spray the one you want to hermie which polinate the other if you spray both they will both hermie and the result will most likely be hermie to a high percentage. I would sray one and leave the other full female.best of luck:cheer:

This experiment is to see if I can get the plants to self pollinate plus create some pollen to store for future use. It's just an experiment. If it fails, it's not a problem.

No sign of any pollen sacks yet after 1 week of spraying the lower branches. It's normally during weeks 2 to 3 when pollen sacks appear.

colloidal_silver2.jpg

Are your plants on a 12/12 schedule?

As far as I know, you want to wait until you flip to 12/12 to start spraying the CS. You want to spray the plant that will turn "male" with colloidal silver at least 1x per day for the first 21 days of flowering (12/12) by around the 3rd week the female pistils should turn into male pollen sacks and around week 4 they should start to release pollen.

I don't know if spraying the lower half will allow for the tops to stay female, because CS will disrupt the plants ability to produce ethelene, which causes the plant to flower. It may work but generally you pick 1 plant you want to turn "male" and the rest you don't spray with CS, you let them be. When the CS sprayed plant produces pollen you use this to pollenate the untreated CS plants.

also... don't smoke any plants that have been sprayed with cS. I have read this over and over, couldn't find the reason why, but its mentioned quite often :)

Hope this helps :)

I'm on my 2nd fem seed project so feel free to stop by and follow along :)

Icemud the plants are both autos.

Ahh I see... never worked with autos :) well if you don't mind I'd love to follow along and see how it works out... would be interesting to see :)

Still spraying each day. The branches that are being sprayed have vastly reduced flowering compared to the “none sprayed” branches. Will post some pics over the weekend.

Both plants are growing normally. The flowering seems normal on the not sprayed branches but on the sprayed branches the flowering seems to dying off which I hope is a good sign.

silver21.jpg

silver31.jpg

silver4.jpg

Both plants are growing normally. The flowering seems normal on the not sprayed branches but on the sprayed branches the flowering seems to dying off which I hope is a good sign.

silver21.jpg

silver31.jpg

notsilver4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom